Status: Active :) (updates may be slow though)

I Will Make You Believe You Are Lovely

Chapter 2

Cathy paced around her room, packing stuff into her bags while hiding her phone to her ear.

"Are you sure it's okay for you to look after Molly? Because I can get Terry-" Cathy said.

"Cathy, it's fine. You know I love that little stumpy dog." Sarah said on the other line.

"She's a corgi!" Cathy exasperated.

"I know, I know, I'm just teasing." Sarah laughed but paused after a moment. "Are you okay with this whole thing though? Two month tour with Fall Out Boy? Have you even spoken since-"

"No, we haven't because I figured he never wanted to speak to me again after our last talk." Cathy sighed.

"So what are you going to do?" Sarah asked.

"What I would like to do? Kick Pete's ass." Cathy gritted her teeth. "What I'm actually going to do...? I have no idea."

"Let me know how that goes okay?" Sarah laughed.

"Okay, I'll call you on the other side of hell."

Cathy hung up and zipped up her bags. She had a large duffel bag, her laptop case and her backpack.

She sat back up and looked around her room. Cathy didn't think she had forgotten anything. She had pretty much packed enough clothing for staying on a bus for two months.

Two months she was not mentally prepared for. She was going to kill Pete. After she hugged him that is. It had been years since she had actually seen them and talked to them.

Well, there was that one exception of one of Patrick's solo tour shows that Sarah dragged her along to. To her luck, they hadn't been that close to the front so there was no chance in hell that he recognised her. But from where she was, she could just see how much Patrick had changed within a short space.

The last she had seen of him was in 2010, before the band went on hiatus; where he had been starting to lose weight after he realised that it was slowly affecting his health. At the Soul Punk show? He was parading around onstage with new found confidence and in a sharp blue and black suit; his hair bleached and no hat on and some leather gloves that - Cathy would admit - looked a little silly but it still kind of worked with the Soul Punk image he had going on.

She hadn't been able to go to a The Damned Things concert though... She would have loved to have gone but...

Cathy spun round as her phone went off. She looked at it and saw it was a text from Robb.

She had kept in contact with Robb though. He worked on the lighting with her. He ran the shows lighting. He would've killed her if they didn't stay in contact.

Robb: 'Hey Red, I'm here. Let's et this show on the road!'

Cathy: 'I'll be down in two minutes'

Cathy sighed and placed her phone in her pocket. She flung her bags over her back and picked up her laptop case before heading out.

"Red!" Robb cheered happily as he saw her.

"Hey Robb." Cathy smiled and quickly hugged him and helped put her bags in the back with his stuff.

"You okay with this?" Robb asked as they drove off.

Cathy sighed. "I have to be. I'm being forced to do this so I'm stuck either way. And it's all that idiots fault."

"Pete?" Robb smirked.

"Who else?"

***********************************************

"Whatcha doing Red?" Joe sat down lazily in the seat next to Cathy, grinning up at her.

"Sit up, I don't wanna see all those extra chins." She teased.

"Rude." Joe laughed, sitting up but holding a hand to his chest, pretending to be ashamed.

"Just doing a bit more writing.." Cathy sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"Can I read? Please?" Joe asked and pouted on purpose, looking at her with big eyes.

"Okay Blue eyes, laugh and I'll kill you." Cathy warned as she passed over her laptop.

Joe sat up eagerly and Cathy watched slightly anxiously as Joe's eyes scanned the screen. After he was done, Joe looked up and grinned as he passed the laptop back over.

"It's really good. You really should go into journalism or something or whatever writers do." Joe said.

"You don't know anything else outside of music do you?" Cathy laughed.

"I know a little math." Joe chuckled back.

"Go be an accountant then." Cathy laughed.

"I said a little math. Besides, money's better being a rock star." He teased.

"Oh shush Trohman." Cathy said flicking Joe on the nose.

"Never, Jones!" He said before he tickled her sides and ran out the room. "Come on! Pete got pizza!"

"I'm coming!" Cathy laughed and closed her laptop before walking out of the room.

***********************************************

"When can we go?"

"Dude, you caused this, you can shut up and wait."

Pete glared at Patrick but then glanced over at Joe who was talking to Brian about something and laughing. Andy walked past to put his backpack in the bus. He raised an eyebrow at the two before he opened the door and walked in.

Andy had caught on and figured out what Pete had done when he saw the list of the crew. He'd gone mental at Pete as well but like Patrick, he was kind of happy to see Cathy too.

"When is Robb gonna get here?" Someone groaned bored.

"He's picking up Cathy and then he'll be here in a few." Brent, their production manager and audio manager said.

Patrick and Pete froze. Joe had been walking past and had grabbed a bottle of water and was taking a sip when he heard what Brent said. He choked a little on his sip and looked around with wide eyes.

Andy had just been opening the door to get out of the bus when he slowly just stood there and closed the door again, now hiding in the bus and ready to avoid the shit Pete was about to get.

Patrick took a step away from Pete and took sudden interest in re-tying his boot laces.

Joe walked over to Brent slowly.

"Cathy?" Joe asked calmly.

"Yeah, Cathy Jones." Brent said before he heard someone call him and he quickly excused himself.

Joe turned around with wide eyes and looked at Pete and he knew it was him immediately. He stormed over but stopped and looked at Pete.

"What did you do?" He asked, trying to stay calm.

"I didn't do anything! Bob got a call from a magazine company who wanted to do an article, we found out their chosen writer was Cathy and we decided to recruit her for her original job on the lighting crew!" Pete yelped.

Joe's eyes widened. "Really?"

"But you'll be fine dude, right? You've got Marie, it's been a few years..." Patrick said helplessly.

"Yeah, we've moved on..." Joe said softly and gave Patrick a small smile.

Patrick smiled back weakly and then Andy decided it was safe to come out.

"Oh Pete's not dead then." He said.

"Well, we kinda need him as a bass player." Patrick laughed while Pete tried to grin innocently.

"Hey Robbs here!"

They all turned around at that, all looking hopeful but all slightly worried. Patrick couldn't even think about how Joe was feeling.

Robb got out of his car followed by red headed woman and Joe felt his chest constrict.

Cathy smiled at the other people around her nervously as she got her bags out of the trunk along with Robb's.

"Hey!" Pete said grinning and ran over to Cathy and swooped her up in a hug.

Cathy let out a surprised laugh an quickly hugged Pete back before she hit him on the shoulder.

"Let me down you oaf!" Cathy teased.

"I have missed you girl!" Pete grinned.

"I've missed you too but I think I'm going to kill you at the same time." Cathy warned quietly and Pete just nodded, smiling sheepishly.

Cathy walked over with Pete towards the others and she allowed herself to look at them all. Patrick and Andy were smiling while Joe had a small smile but a still surprised look on his face. Cathy felt her throat close up when she saw laid eyes on Joe.

His curly brown hair was growing out again, stubble visible on his face and his sense of clothing had changed slightly. They had all changed. They had all grown up.

"Oh my god Cathy." Patrick grinned.

"Hey." Cathy said quietly with a small smile and then looked at Andy in mock horror. "Where did all your beautiful hair go? How am I going to braid it now?"

Andy laughed and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, new hair and short for once, I'm think I'm liking the look. What about you though? You've definitely changed!"

Cathy laughed and nodded. This was something she would immediately have to agree to. Back before the bands hiatus, since 2005, Cathy had kept the style of her hair to a length of just above her shoulders and always straightened but it would always look only slightly wavy; from where her original frizz and curls were trying to break through.

She also always kept to the style of denim jeans and different styled t-shirts; and dresses if there were ever parties.

Now, Cathy's hair was down past her shoulders in large and crazy curls, embracing her original red head nature. She was dressed slightly smarter now as well; wearing white skinny jeans and a stylish black vest top along with quick slip on shoes.

She smiled shyly and looked down and shrugged.

"Well, yeah, people change over time." She said quietly and looked up again.

"Okay people! Everyone's here! Let's get on the buses and get this show on the road!" Marcus, head of security, called out.

"C'mon Red, time to meet your home for the next two months!" Pete grinned and opened the door.

Cathy walked up onto the bus, Andy had picked up her biggest bag for her and she had thanked him on the way up.

"No problem." He grinned.

"So, this is your bunk." Patrick said pointing to the lower bunk the furthest away from the toilet at the back of the bus but it was also the closest to the lounge area on the bus.

"The good ol' spare bunk." Pete grinned.

Cathy laughed and put her bags on the bunk above it. The bus was a twelve bunker but it was only the guys, now Cathy and the driver. According to Pete, Marcus would swap buses every now and then because Pete couldn't handle Marcus' snoring.

Pete proceeded to put his stuff under one of the bunks as well as the others, taking their usual spots which they were used to. Joe put his stuff in the bottom bunk opposite the isle from Cathy. He looked up and gave Cathy a small smile which she returned back.

"So, Red-head, how has life been treating you?" Pete grinned as they all sat down in the sitting room like area.

"Well, I got a dog now." Cathy said as she pulled up her legs and sat crossed legged; an old habit of hers.

"If you say a chihuahua..." Pete joked warningly.

"What wrong with chihuahua's? Pomeranians are literally the same." Patrick argued, crossing his arms defensively.

"I only put up with Penny because she likes me." Pete dead panned.

Andy rolled his eyes at the now two bickering adults and Cathy couldn't help but smile. She warily moved her eyes to look at Joe and he gave her a small smile back.

"What type of dog?" Joe asked, attempting to put an end to the bickering.

"A little corgi. Like I've always wanted." Cathy answered. "Her names Molly."

"Cool." Andy piped up and then glared at Pete as he went to shout something else at Patrick.

Pete grumbled and crossed his arms as he began to sulk. Cathy laughed and shook her head.

"What's so funny?" Patrick asked as he put his hat back on which Pete had previously knocked off.

"You've all grown up and matured but you can all still mess around." Cathy grinned.

Pete ginned back. "So a corgi, huh? Tiny thing with stumpy legs? Reminds me of Louis just less of a pig face."

"Louis?" Cathy asked.

"Oh yeah. That's Joe's new dog." Pete grinned and turned to Joe.

Joe blinked, as the attention of the conversation was suddenly turned towards him.

"Uh, yeah." He coughed. "French bulldog. But only I get to call him Pig though, Wentz."

Catch smiled with Pete just grinned. They all carried on talking for a further twenty minute before they arrived at their first venue.

"Our first shows not till tomorrow, so we can just relax tonight." Andy said as Cathy nodded.

"Anyone want to go out for dinner?" Patrick asked, looking up from his phone.

"Yeah sure." Joe said with a shrug standing up and stretching.

Andy nodded but was still looking on his phone. Pete was already heading towards the door when Cathy also nodded and grabbed her bag before heading off the bus as well.

"So you and Elisa finally got married huh?" Cathy grinned as she walked beside Patrick.

"Yeah, it's a shame you couldn't have been there." Patrick said and they both shared a sad smile.

"Is Elisa coming on tour at all?" Cathy asked after a moment.

"Yeah, she's working for two extra days then she's meeting us out here." Patrick grinned.

"Awesome, I've missed talking to her." Cathy said.

"You'll also get to meet my girl Meagan." Pete grinned as he caught up to them.

"She'll slap you for saying that." Patrick warned but smiled.

"Eh, she loves me." Pete grinned cheekily. "You'll also get to meet the little dude."

"Yes! I need to meet him, him and his blonde curls." Cathy laughed.

As Cathy walked alongside Patrick and Pete, both talking and making her more at ease, Joe was walking behind them next to Andy, still in disbelief of what had happened today.

"You okay dude?" Andy asked looking over at Joe.

Joe just shook his head, causing his curly hair to bounce slightly, and he shrugged.

"I don't know man... I had a two minute warning before my ex girlfriend and best friend of almost four years walked back into my life and is staying with us for the next two months." Joe sighed.

Andy shot him a sympathetic smile and patted him on the back.

"I'm sorry dude but... Maybe you can go back to being friends? It's been four years, you both gotta be past it and you've got Marie." Andy said.

"Yeah..." Joe sighed softly and looked up as he saw Cathy laughing at something Pete had just said, her eyes crinkled and grin big just like he remembered. "Just maybe..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah! Hello :) here is the next chapter :D I'm sorry this one is a little crappy but eh, it's the best I could come up with.

And thank you to the lovely mswrite85 for her support on this story, please go check out her amazing story, Let Them Heal, a Patrick stump fanfiction which is absolutely amazing.

Comments, subscriptions, reccomendations and improvements are always welcome :)

Much love xxxx