Status: Work In Progress

Time Stands Still

The Disappearance - Part 1

Tyler Seguin slumped back against his counter. He tilted his head back and gazed skyward. He gradually cracked his neck and controlled his breathing. He squeezed his eyelids shut, focusing on returning his accelerated heartbeat to normal.

Suddenly, before he reached normalcy once more, his phone ignited with a thunderous buzz on the counter. So much for control, as he snapped his eyes open and spun to his small device. He tapped the screen and saw that he had a new message from Brad Marchand.

“Marchy, not now. I can’t talk to you!”

He turned to cell off, relaxing a little. He was glad it wasn’t another text message. He was seriously freaking out. He needed that help now. There was only one person who he looked to, for help like this. He needed the guidance of a female. So he contacted his lead Seguinista, Taylor Lonestar.

Taylor was actually a girl he was seeing on and off and he was fascinated by her. She was a devout Christian and stayed true to her faith, but she also cared a lot for him and made him feel loved. He trusted her with his deepest feelings and he dared to say that he loved her. But as things were, with him being popular and her being busy a majority of the time, they never got to hang out or see one another.

And he hoped that she was available. He put the phone to hear and listened to the ring go off three times before her squeaky, yet sultry, voice answered. He sighed and smiled as he told her about his situation. She was more than willing to help him out and demanded that he come over to her house immediately.

They hung up and Tyler gathered his belongings quickly. Before he left, he typed up another quick status, eagerly, without thinking about it: “Going to talk to a good friend, @taylorlonestar That’s what Seguinistas are for, right?” (Oh Tyler Seguin, facepalm...) The message was quickly tweeted out on his account.

He left the house once more. The Dallas Star didn’t bother to lock his door, thinking he would be back in no time. Besides, Jamie and Jordie had told him that they were stopping by to surprise him with something special and secret.

He made his way to his poorly parked car and got in. He thought he must have been drunk or something to have parked like such an asshole in his own driveway. He turned the key in the hole and his jeep jerked to life. He backed out and took off, vanishing down the road.

Tyler pulled up to a nice brick house with two stories. He got out of his vehicle, shocked that he had been able to manage the driving trip of an hour to Tyler, Texas. He was still shaky and he gazed around, alertly. He quickly grabbed his bag up and scurried up to the door. He rang the doorbell, nervously and knocked a few times.

He stepped back, as the door opened and a beautiful woman in her mid-twenties stood in the frame. She smiled as her amber eyes locked on Tyler’s scared one’s.

“Come in, come in. Don’t stand out there, someone may snatch you, you poor thing!”

She reached out and gently grabbed Tyler’s wrist with her soft, pasty white fingers. She pulled him into her house. As soon as he entered, he heard the familiar and delightful sound of country music being played. The radio station or CD was transitioning between two songs. He recognized them both. The first one that ended was “Take the Keys” by Leah Turner. The second was “She’s In Love With The Boy” by Trisha Yearwood. He smiled at the sound of the lyrics.

He was entranced by her home, which was always neat and tidy. She had been there for about four years now and it still looked brand new. When he had moved from Boston, via the July 4th trade, she had immediately sold her home and moved with him. And he was glad she did and that she was here for him.

She had a stunning, custom-made, inviting brick home, with a wrap-around terrace and stone railings. She had custom ceilings inside, with French doors and an elegant paneled study room. The den opened to a kitchen and garden room with windows to view the back yard, which had a huge deck and trees. It was made with new Restoration Hardware paint throughout.

They headed into the foyer, where the stairs rose up to the second floor. On the left side, was the kitchen, which had Sub Zero ample counter space and a breakfast area. Beyond that was a gorgeous master bedroom suite, included a sitting area and a big walk in closet for her. The master bath had a huge whirlpool tub, with two sinks and a large shower.

Outside, the large outdoor living space was complete with a sparkling pool and a calming water fountain. She loved to come out at night and watch the sunsets and star gaze.

Taylor led him into her large family room, on the right side of the stairs, which was perfect for lazy afternoons and quiet evenings. She allowed him to sit down on her olive green tinted couch. She disappeared into the kitchen and grabbed two glasses with water. She had great hospitality too! Who knew that his lead Seguinista would be so nice and considerate to him.

He thanked her and took a big sip of the cool refreshing liquid, which helped to calm him down. Water was magical like that.

Her eyes sparkled kindly, as she sat down beside him. She sat with her legs to the side, pressed together, in a lady-like pose. She flicked her long golden brown hair to the side, as she raised her head up proudly.

“What are you doing with your hair, Taylor?” He asked, taking another sip. He allowed his gaze to travel up the woman in front of him.

She was wearing a pretty yellow sundress with light blue flower patterns on it. It was a spaghetti strap outfit, but it made her look even more stunning. It hugged her hourglass figure perfectly and pronounced her broad-shaped shoulders.

“I’m growing it out. I like it long like this!”

“Well, if you grow it out too much, I’ll have to start calling you Rapunzel!”

They shared a laugh.

And then Taylor took Tyler’s hands in his. She gazed at him, sternly. “So, tell Taylor, what’s wrong!”

“Well it all started a few days ago. I got this threatening text from an anonymous number. I didn’t mean to offend anyone in Boston, I was just super excited to be in Dallas. I love this city!”

“I understand. But, Segsy, you shouldn’t let these threats get to you.” She spoke softly and comfortingly. She had wisdom. She was like a psychologist or counselor. She listened to him and cared, wanting to help him out. Tyler knew Taylor was the only one he allowed to call him “Segsy” and he didn’t mind when she used the cute nickname for him.

“But how can I not. They are freaking me out and the HDA is on my ass about toning down my borderline statuses. But how am I supposed to know what to say and not to say! It is so annoying and ridiculous!”

“It’s not really in their rights to violate your privacy like that either, is it?”

“No. If I do as they say, then sooner or later I’m not going to have a voice at all! I’ll be boring and lose my fame and popularity. Right now I am labeled as the most entertaining athlete to be on Twitter, but if I change….” Tyler turned his head to the side.

“I get your pain, Tyler.”

“So what should I do? I refuse to get help from the HDA, since they are only out to stop my online habits and restrict my freedom. If I wanted that, I’d go back to Brampton with my parents!”

“No!! You were right to come and see me. I’m here to help you. I’m here for you, Tyler. You know that. I want you to be happy and not stressed out like this. When you are like this, it makes me sad!”

“And you can’t be sad…”

“No. And what I think you should do is….” Her eyes flashed a brilliant brown color. “Ignore the threats. They are nothing. Someone is just upset that you left Boston, I’m sure, and taking all of their anger out on you!”

“But if they are from Boston, how did they get my number? I still think it’s the HDA trying to teach me a lesson in a cruel way, but my gut tells me differently! I’m so messed up in the head and I almost attacked Reilly Smith and Val Nichushkin. How will that go over, huh?” Tyler was starting to spiral and freak out again. His muscles tightened.

Taylor frowned. She raised her hand up and slapped him gently across the face, like he had cheated on her. The gorgeous woman got to her feet, glaring down at the hockey player, who was shocked. “No! Settle down!” She was cute when she was angry. Her high-pitched voice didn’t seem all that furious. She was sort of like Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory.

“I’m sorry. But, it’s true. How would they get my number. I am good about remaining on top of not having my number given out to fans and strangers.”

Taylor relaxed, plopping back down onto the couch. Her dress lifted up a little bit from her movement and Tyler, the man that he was, stole a quick peek at her matching yellow panties underneath. She blushed and apologized to him for revealing herself a little bit. She smoothed the dress back down on the thighs of her perfect dancer legs.

“Maybe someone...one of your teammates betrayed your trust?”

“I don’t know...it could be Conny...but I still doubt it!”

“Basically, you shouldn't let the messages destroy you. Live your life and if someone decides to threaten you ignore them.” She gave him a kind smile.

He returned it. “You’re right, Taylor. I’ll do that. Thank you so much for listening and helping me out!” Without even hesitating to think about it, he flung his arms around Taylor, embracing her. He could feel her exuding warmth and her intoxicating pink orchid perfume wafted into his nose, making him feel safe and reassured.

“It’s no problem at all, Tyler.” She giggled, hugging him back. “It’s my pleasure to help out my dear friend.”

They broke apart and Tyler got to his feet. He felt much better and more relaxed. He felt anew in spirit and mind. Nothing would destroy his new happiness. He started walking back to the door. Taylor stood up and followed him.

“Thank you again. You don’t know how much you mean to me, Taylor.”

“Hey, anytime you want to bump us up to boyfriend-girlfriend, I’m more than ready and willing,” the brunette teased with a wink. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

“Ha-ha, we’ll see about that, Ms. Lonestar.” He turned the door handle in his fingers and opened it up. He was about to walk out, but he quickly spun around and grabbed Taylor’s head in his hands. He bent over and placed his lips on hers. Her leg lifted upward, as she allowed him to kiss her.

He broke away from her after a few seconds and dipped his head, grinning his classic grin, as he turned back and left her house. He hopped down the stairs, full of life. He heard her door close with a click and even caught the sound of her heavy fangirl sigh, of deep romance.

Tyler Seguin knew how to make a woman swoon over him. He was a pro.
♠ ♠ ♠
Taylor Lonestar, lead Seguinista and future wife of Tyler Seguin!! I don't know why, but I just like Tyler with Rapunzel-type girls. I think it's cause I see him as a Flynn Rider type!! :)
Stay tuned for Part 2!!
Things are about to get dark....