Status: Work In Progress

Time Stands Still

The Threatening Twitter Tweet To Tyler

Katie and Tommy’s POV

Katie and Tommy left, feeling very satisfied with their Boston Bruins. They had consumed a little too much alcohol at one of the bars near the Garden, celebrating their victory and success. They wandered toward the park, which rested beside the road that ran under the garage, where their car was parked.

They entered the garage, snickering and hopped into their car, closing the doors in unison with one another. Katie was once more in the driver’s seat. Tommy hit the dashboard with his hand. They both continued to crack up about successfully following through with the first part of their plan.

“Oh man, this is gonna be tah easy!” She rubbed her fingers together, glowering. She jammed the key into the ignition and turned it.

They continued to laugh, as they pulled out of the garage and zoomed off, heading back toward the Garden and then speeding off down the street into the heart of Downtown.

When they were a few minutes down the street, away from the arena, both young adults finally stopped and Tommy turned to his partner-in-crime.

“So how ah we doin’ this?” he asked, cracking a sly grin.

“Well, we got this,” Katie stated, withdrawing Brad’s cell phone from her pocket. She waved it back and forth, while keeping her one hand on the wheel.

Tommy laughed. He grabbed the electronic device from her. He turned it on and was able to get inside, easily. He began to poke around the cell phone. He explored Brad’s privacy, and discovered quite a few helpful and interesting things. “Hey Katie, check this out!”

“What is it, Tommy?”

“I found Tyler’s address and a bunch of othah things!”

“Ooh, that gives me a new plan, instead of using Brad’s phone ta text Tyler and threaten him that way, Tommy get yah phone out! Copy Tyler’s numbah over and put it into yah own!”

Tommy reached into his pocket and he took his cell phone out. He proceeded to do as told and copied the number into his phone. He finished and turned to Katie, wondering what she had in mind.

She turned to him once more, as she pulled to a stop at a light. “Alright, now we’re going to have a little fun with him. We will text him, but right now, go into Twitter with this message: ‘@tylerseguinofficial You didn’t feel wanted in Boston? Well, we’re going to make you feel REALLY wanted!’ And post it up.”

“Under my own Twitter account?”

“No Tommy, the Anonymous account we created! We need ta do this the right way. If he finds out it is us who ah threatening him, he’ll go ta the police. Have ya seen any TV shows? Think, Tommy!”

“I’m sorry Katie!” He looked down at his phone and opened the Twitter app. He began to type out the message and posted it. “It’s posted, Katie!”

“Good work, now let’s get ta the house and set up the scheme. If he won’t listen ta us, then we’ll need that address off the phone!”

“Ah we gonna give Marchy his phone back?”

“It depends. I suppose we could, since we ah gonna get all the information we need!”

“I’ll return it and make sure that I’m not caught by him!”

“Nah, Tommy. I’ll do it; I’m thinking that we might need ta give him some info later on. Again, all of this depending on Tyler’s maturity!”

“Ha! What maturity? He dissed our city!”

“That he did. And he’s gonna pay for it!”

Katie gunned the gas and pulled onto the familiar street, which was a part of the lower-middle class section of Boston. It wasn’t quite the ghetto, but crime did occur there. (Which explains why they are criminals…) Katie pulled the vehicle into the driveway and got out. Tommy followed her, clutching two cell phones. They began to walk up the driveway, of their typical New England style house, which had a clapboard roof and two dormers. It had aluminum and brick siding to it and a massive porch that ran across the front, from one side to the other.

Tommy suddenly halted in place, on the first step. Katie had her hand on the handle to the door. She spun to him. “Tommy?”

“I just thought about something, can’t Brad get someone ta track his phone ta us?”

Katie heaved a sigh and pushed a strand of her jet-black hair out of her face. She tucked it behind her ear, furiously. She faced her skeptical partner and let go of the handle. She hopped back down the stairs, to him.

“Gimmie the cell!” She held her hand out in a “come here” gesture.

He passed her Brad’s phone. She tapped the screen, fiddled around with something and then passed it back.

“Problem solved!”

She skipped back up and entered the house. Tommy followed her, curious as to what she had done.

****

Tyler’s POV

Tyler woke up in the morning to the sound of birds chirping and the light breeze blowing through his window. He looked over at his alarm clock. It was only 8:30. He decided to get out of bed and go for a run. He dressed himself rather quickly, throwing on some running clothes and a pair of tennis shoes.

He walked downstairs, to see that his best friend was still fast asleep in the living room. Empty cans of beer were scattered everywhere. He laughed when he saw Jamie Benn passed out. His one foot was on coffee table and the other was up in the air at an awkward angle. It was a wonder that he was able to even sleep like that. He was lying on the couch. Well, half of his body was. The other half looked like it would fall off any second.

Tyler headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and found Jordie in there, scrolling through his phone. He was already awake? He looked up, when he saw him and smiled.

"You awake?" he asked.

"Yeah. Looks like you guys had a crazy night," Tyler remarked. They both chuckled.

"Well, I'm going for a run now. You wanna come along?"

He couldn't believe that he just had the gut to ask his linemate’s brother to join him. What was he even thinking? Of course Jordie would say “no.” He didn't want anything to do with running or going out exercising with a ladies’ man. He already had to put up with his own younger brother, Jamie. But Tyler was wrong.

"Sure. There's nothing else to do anyways," he replied.

The two walked over to the door, being careful not to alert the sleeping Jamie Benn.

"Are we actually going to run?" he asked.

"Yup. We'll meet at the stop sign by the lake," Tyler told him.

He nodded then started running down the street. Tyler followed behind and eventually caught up to him. After that, they kept the same pace. Jordie was extremely fast, but Tyler wasn’t that bad either. After all, on the ice it was pretty much the opposite.

By the time, they both reached the lake, Tyler and Jordie were out of breath. He used his shirt to wipe the sweat from his face. Tyler repeated the same action. He couldn't help but notice that Jordie was glancing at his abs. He felt his cheeks reddening. Jordie obviously noticed, too. He shook his head and laughed.

"Like what you see?" Tyler asked, teasing, with a smirk. He blushed too and looked out at the lake instead.

They were both awkwardly quiet, until Jordie spoke up. "So...are you doing anything next week? Jamie and I were thinking about having a large “back to hockey” party and we were going to invited all of the Dallas Stars team to attend."

"I’m spending a month in California with my family. I leave on Tuesday, but I might be able to get back in time, depending on the time and day," Tyler replied.

Jordie nodded. “If you can’t, that’s alright.”

Tyler was in total shock. Since when did Jordie Benn even talk to him, let alone ask him a question that Jamie hadn’t asked him yet? Normally he would get asked out to things by Jamie, not his brother. In fact he rarely got to hang out or talk to JORDIE Benn. Was it because his brother was the captain of the Dallas team? Did Jamie want him to get close to Tyler so that he could make his captain and brother happy and proud? He had to know what was behind all this.

"Oh I see. Thanks for asking though." Tyler paused for a moment, then decided to go for it. "Not to be rude or anything, but why did you ask and not Jamie?"

Jordie looked taken aback and had a confused look on his face. "What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, you never even talk to me on the ice, let alone off it. I don't even think you knew what my name was," Tyler said truthfully.

"I know, and I regret not talking to you sooner. Tyler, if my brother likes you as a friend and you two are going to be hanging out a ton, we not," he replied.

Tyler grinned. There was more awkward silence, before the ex-Bruin player spoke once more. "I'll text you when I come back from my trip. How’s that?”

"Sounds good," Jordie replied, with a smile. “I’m sure Jamie will love that!”

"Ok.”

“Have fun in California."

“Thanks, let’s head back. We should check on Jamie and then you two have a big day!”

They began to head back, this time walking at a brisk pace and keeping in stride with one another.

“That’s right! Jamie is going to have his name on a street sign in Dallas here!” Jordie remarked.

“And apparently a bridge named after him too!”

“Yeah! He’s a popular man, since you arrived, Segs.”

They re-entered Tyler’s house and found Jamie sitting on the couch. He was rubbing his eyes and groaning. Finally he woke himself up and left with Jordie, thanking Tyler for putting up with the two of them. Jamie apologized for the mess he had left and that he would make it up to Tyler sometime later on.

Tyler understood and said that it was no problem. He slowly walked back up to his room and dropped his stuff off. He undressed and hopped in the shower. He took a quick one, toweled himself off dry and put on his outfit for the day. Then he made his way back downstairs. He picked up the trio’s party remains from the previous night and tidied his place up.

When he was finished, he sat down on his couch. He grabbed the remote and turned the television on. He put on the Red Sox game. He set the clicker on his coffee table and leaned back into the cushions. He propped his feet up on the table, as he reached to the side and grabbed one of his devices.

He chose his laptop and opened it up. He ignored the familiar pain inside of him, as he saw the wallpaper image of him and Brad. He pulled up the Internet and signed on to his Twitter account. Since the incident, he was much more cautious and protective of his privacy. Though he was watchful of his passwords and secret information, he still didn’t feel the need to change what he posted.

As soon as he logged in, he saw all the tweets and messages from the Seguinistas, his family, friends, and teammates. He also spotted a new tweet addressed to him from an anonymous user.

He knew that there were some crazy fans out there and crazy people, but he never received any threats from anyone before, unless it was one of his friends pulling a sick prank on him.

"@tylerseguinofficial You didn’t feel wanted in Boston? Well, we’re going to make you feel REALLY wanted!" Tyler read the threatening message, but he shrugged it off and thought it was just a practical joke from crazy fans. He explored the other messages and replied to a few. As he did, he thought about sending a reply message to the anonymous user. But he thought better of it. Even though they hinted at his bad digital image, and if he didn’t tone down the “crap,” they threatened that they would make him pay. He ignored the message, no matter the fact that the message was seen by more than just him. Including the HDA.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so it begins....