Delirium

Sweet Flesh of Mine

I walked carelessly down the street, the cigarette dangling from my lips. The smoke burned my nose, my eyes but I welcomed the pain.

She walked down the street, clutching the other girl’s hand tight. They giggled and laughed without a care in the world. It was so satisfying to know that I was about to ruin their moment of elation. Finally they arrived at the girl’s house.

“Can’t you stay?” she asked seductively.

“I wish I could baby but I have to work early tomorrow so we can have extra money for our little getaway.” She said leaning in to kiss her passionately. My stomach lurched in disgust. I hated the little hypocrite bitch already.

She bid her lover good bye before leaving to walk down the street toward her home. There was a peacefulness to her stride, I could tell that she was good at pretending to be in love. She was going to get what was coming to her very soon.

She turned down an alley, doing half of my work for me. I sneered, readying the needle in my pocket.

I ran up behind her, pushing the liquid sedative into her neck which silenced her cries. I was always disappointed for a moment but I knew in my heart that I would get to punish her properly very soon. I dragged her to my car, the tearing sounds her flesh made resounding in my ears like the sweetest of songs. My throat rumbled as I hummed along to it.

“Oh Sweet flesh of mine, flesh of mine,
I want to taste your sweet juice,
Crimson with life…” I sang as I loaded her into the car, going unnoticed by those around me.

I hated them all, they didn’t appreciate the work that I did for them. I cleaned their streets of the pretending filth that dare called themselves human, and I never got so much as a thank you for your services…they didn’t appreciate me but I was patient, in time they would understand and appreciate my work.

I drove through the streets, letting Bring Me the Horizon play softly on the radio, the rough beat of the song appealing to the mood that I was in.

I pulled up to the place, fetching the filth from the trunk so that I could lock her up. The sun was starting to peek over the horizon so I would have time to fully cleanse her. I decided to wait until tomorrow night and dispose of last night’s project.

When I opened the doors, I didn’t hear him moaning in agony. I smiled feeling satisfied with myself. I had successfully purged yet another piece of filth. Now that he was clean he was free to go back out into the world.

I chained the girl up in his place then wrapped him in a blanket so that he would comfortable. He deserved a little comfort after the daunting task of having been cleansed.

When I dropped his body off near the dumpster along some alley, I smiled and touched his cold head. “Congratulations.”

I walked away feeling a sort of satisfaction. I loved making the hypocrites suffer, they needed to understand the wrong that they are committing. They act as though they are something else, they are fake and I must bring them back to their true selves.

Some days I go out and don’t want to go out to cleanse anyone but then I hear their screams and I’m just…exhilarated…

So I don’t stop. I keep finding those that are fake, I take the time to cleanse them and return them to their true selves. I have to hear their screams, the rawness in their hearts as they beg me not to cleanse their souls. They want to be fake but I have to keep trying, some take longer than others but eventually they break.

One day, they will appreciate my work.

One day they will understand why I have to cleanse them…