Status: Thank you for reading my story! Please let me know what you think about it.

Save Me from Myself

Creeped out

'I don't believe in ghosts or vampires and I don't have superstitions. Actually, I believe that black cats are cute and Friday 13th is just an ordinary day for me.' I thought to myself while I was listening to Kyle's words. This guy was out of his mind. I tried to change the subject and we ended up talking about how crazy had been my first day in Mystic Falls and I think I even mentioned him about Damon.
When he finally left, I went to the kitchen to finish eating. The omelet was cold and the fruit salad was looking awful. I finished the omelet, put the salad in the trash can and then I grabbed my laptop and went to the bedroom.
'I knew this apartment was too good to be true: fully furnished, close to my job and cheap... What am I gonna do now?' I thought to myself as I was searching for articles about that girl's death. I found a few writings, but none of them mentioned the word 'vampire'. Half an hour later I changed into my pyjamas and tried to fall asleep. It was the right thing to do at the time.
Unfortunately, I couldn't have much sleep because I had another nightmare. It was a little past 5 AM when I got up and looked for some comfortable clothes. I decided to go out for a jog, since jogging was always helpful when I had to clear my mind.
It was still dark outside and there was nobody on the street. The town looked abandoned again. I took a deep breath and then I started jogging. I had no clue where I was going, but I didn't want to stop either. All I wanted was to forget about everything and everyone, especially about the conversation I had with Kyle.
After a while I spotted a quiet park with beautiful trees and I decided to explore it. But instead of benches and playgrounds it had dozens of tombstones. 'Great, like I wasn't spooked enough. Now I bumped into a cemetery.' I thought to myself while I was trying to get away from that creepy place. But suddenly, a guy in a hoodie crossed my path. It was dark and I could barely see his face, so I panicked and started to run in the opposite direction until I tripped over a rock and fell to the ground. 'This is it, Maddy! You're screwed.' I thought to myself as I heard the guy approaching.
"I'm sorry I scared you." the guy said like he was feeling guilty about what happened.
"Let me help you!" he continued on a gentle tone. I was shaking, though I had no choice but to accept his aid.
"Can you walk?" he asked looking me in the eyes.
"Yes, I'm fine. It's just a scratch." I replied, looking at my left knee that was bleeding out.
"It looks pretty deep." he added on a worried tone.
"It won't kill me." I replied, still shaking like a weirdo.
"You're trembling. Here, have my hoodie. My name is Jeremy, by the way." he said with a friendly voice.
"Thanks! I'm Maddy." I replied with a weak voice.
"Let me walk you home." Jeremy said as we walked outside the cemetery.
"Well, I guess I'm lost. Take me to the high school. I can find my way back home from there." I told him.
He smiled as he asked me the next question: "Are you new in town?"
"Yes, this is my second day here, but a lot had happened in the past 30 hours that I feel like I have been living here for ages." I replied and he smiled again.
We got in front of the high school in less than 20 minutes.
"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?" he asked with a serious voice.
"Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry about me. Thank you for helping me." I replied with a smile.
"You don't have to thank me. After all, it was my fault that you got scared and hurt your knee." he said, still regretting what had happened.
I insisted to give him back his hoodie, but he told me to keep it because I needed it more than him. Then we said goodbye to each other and went on separate ways.
It was about 7 AM when I got home. I didn't have time for a quick nap, so I took a shower, cleaned my wound and then got dressed properly for a new day at work. Next I grabbed my backpack and my cell phone, then I stepped outside looking for a cab. I couldn't find one, so I decided to walk to the high school with my headphones on.
When I got to the high school, the principal invited me to his office because he wanted to ask me a favor. One of the teacher was ill and he wanted me to replace him from 12 to 13 PM. That was a great opportunity for me to meet the students who weren't taking dance courses, especially the boys.
After finishing my regular courses I went to the classroom to replace the Economics teacher. I had a really pleasant conversation with the students and I asked them about what they want to do when they finish high school. In the middle on the course, a guy knocked at the door and then stepped inside with a big beautiful bouquet of red roses.
"Are you miss Madeleine Thorne?" he asked on a cheerful voice and I nodded.
"Sign here!" he said and after I signed the paper he left, leaving the roses on the desk.
The students started to giggle and one of them asked curiously: "What does the note say?"
I picked up the card that was placed inside the bouquet and I read it just for myself: 'I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you. Hope you have a beautiful day, Maddy. Hugs, Damon!'