Status: Thank you for reading my story! Please let me know what you think about it.

Save Me from Myself

He's bad news

"Your boyfriend is a very romantic guy, miss Thorne." some guys started to giggle again.
"Ok, that's enough! Let's go back to our lesson." I replied, visibly annoyed. "Open your books at page 24 and read the chapter called Demand and Supply while I talk to Elena about the next cheerleading competition." I added, then Elena and I went outside to talk.
"The next competition is going to take place in less that two weeks, so we have to meet after classes to practice because we're way behind with our routine." I said a little concerned.
But Elena ignored me and instead she asked me about the flowers: "Did Damon send you those flowers? Is he harassing you?".
I sighed and she continued on a serious tone: "You should try to stay away from him as much as you can, Maddy. He's bad news."
"Don't worry about me, Elena. I can take care of myself." I replied with a smile.
"You don't know Damon..." she said with a weak voice.
"So, let's talk about the competition." I replied, trying to change the subject.
"Yes, sorry about bringing this up. We can meet up this afternoon at the Mystic Grill to talk about our routine. I'll let everyone know that it's important." Elena responded on a friendly tone.
"Sure, is 6 PM good for you?" I asked.
"6 PM is perfect. I'll see you there." she replied with a smile and then we went back to the classroom. As we were walking down the hallway we bumped into Jeremy.
"Where do you think you're going, Jeremy?" Elena asked with a threatening voice.
"Calm down, sis! I just went to the bathroom and now I'm going back to the classroom." Jeremy defended himself. "It's nice to see you again, Maddy!" he continued on a friendly tone.
"It's nice to see you too, Jeremy!" I replied with a smile.
Elena was really surprised by the fact that we already knew each other.
"When did you guys meet?" she asked curiously.
"Long story..." Jeremy replied, trying to avoid the answer. After all, we met at a cemetery at 5:30 in the morning.
"So, you and Elena are classmates. That means we're going to see each other more often." he added, looking me in the eyes.
"No, Jeremy. She is my new choreographer, Madeleine Thorne. I already told you about her, remember?" Elena tried to clarify.
"Umm... Sorry about that." he replied awkwardly. "Does that mean I have to call you miss Thorne?" he continued a little embarrassed.
"Of course not!" I replied with a smile. "I'm 21, not 41. Call me Maddy!" I added, trying to comfort him. Then Jeremy went to his classroom while me and Elena went to ours.
After classes I went home to get some sleep. I was very tired and I could barely walk. On my way home I couldn't help but stare at the bouquet. Those red roses were so beautiful, but I was still mad at Damon. How could he put me in such an awkward position in front of the students?
When I finally got home, I changed into my pyjamas and went straight to bed. I slept until 5 PM, then I ate some French fries and a salad. After ten minutes of staring at my wardrobe I decided to wear my favorite jeans, a purple sleeveless top and a new pair of white heeled sandals. Then I put on some makeup and tied my hair in a high ponytail and called for a cab.
I arrived at the meeting spot in less than 10 minutes. "I really need to get to know this town before I spend all my money on transportation." I thought to myself as I was searching for some familiar faces inside the Mystic Grill.
"Hey, Maddy! We're here!" I heard someone calling me. It was Elena. She and the other girls were waiting for me at the bar table.
"We saved you a spot." Caroline said on a friendly tone. Then we started to talk about the cheerleading competition. We decided to meet every day after school for some extra practice and we talked about changing the old cheerleading uniforms.
Later, we played darts and pool and the boys joined us. I finally met Stefan, Elena’s boyfriend who happens to be Damon’s brother. We played in teams: me and Jeremy versus Elena and Stefan. We really had a great time.
Just after we finished playing pool, Damon walked inside the Mystic Grill. He came straight towards us, smiling and pointing at the pool table.
"Who wants to play with me?" he asked on an arrogant tone. Nobody answered. "What about you, Maddy?" he asked, looking into my eyes.
"Why not?" I replied with a confident voice. "Bring it on!" I added, willing to wipe that smile off his face.
As we started to play a game of pool, the other guys sat at a table where they were able to see us playing.
"So, did you like the flowers?" Damon asked with a cheerful voice.
"I didn't like the attitude." I replied looking him in the eyes. He just stared at me confused. "You made me look bad in front of the students." I added slightly annoyed.
"Well, I wanted to send them to your place, but I didn't know the address." he excused himself with a smirk on his face.
"And I'll make sure to keep it that way." I replied on a sarcastic tone.
He looked disappointed by my answer and tried to concentrate on the game. He was more experienced than me, so he easily won.
"Can I have my prize now?" he asked with puppy eyes.
"Nobody said anything about a prize." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.
"Come on, I won't ask for much. Just a kiss on my right cheek." he said with a big grin on his face.
"That's not going to happen." I replied, trying to avoid his glare.
"A hug then?" he said with puppy eyes.
Jeremy came towards us and replied visibly annoyed: "Don't you understand that the answer is 'no'?"
Damon walked up to him, then grabbed his left wrist: "Stay out of this, kid!" he threatened Jeremy.
"Stop mocking me, douchebag!" Jeremy stared at Damon with a big frown upon his forehead.
"Leave him alone, Damon!" Elena shouted at him.
"Do you need your sister to protect you? Of course you do. You always do." Damon provoked him. That's when Jeremy punched Damon in the face.