Status: In progress

All I Want Is You

2. Anna

I sing along to my music and I continue to unpack the boxes in my new room. My big strong new stepdad already moved my bed and dresser in before I got here, I just had to re arrange because men just throw them down where they fit and leave. I appreciate his hard work, but he could have put them somewhere other than the middle of the room. I nod my head along to my music as I shove clothes into my dresser.

"ANNA!" I hear my mom from downstairs.

"What ma?"

"ANNA!"

"WHAT MA?"

I finally hear her jog up the stairs and soon after see her in my doorway. "Why didn't you answer me?"

I roll my eyes. "Sorry mama, what do you need?"

She comes in my room and looks around. I already have most of my clothes put away and my bed made, but none of my posters up and a pile of stuff that will go on a desk when I get one. "It's so plain in here, you have to put something on these walls to liven it up."

"Yes mama, I'm going to put my posters up next. I've only been here for an hour or so."

"Right." She smiles. "So how do you like it? I know I sent you pictures but I felt bad that you weren't part of the process."

"I'm only a temporary houseguest until I go back to college. This was your and Tim's decision because this is the house you're starting your new life together. But it's beautiful mom. I love the garden and so will Nagini and Tigger."

"Oh, you're so sweet Anna." She gives me a big hug and a kiss on the head. "Tim will be so happy you feel that way. He was worried."

I smile. "No need to be worried. Hey, how did you hit the jackpot with men twice ma? Dad was great and now Tim. How did you do it?"

She sits on my bed and sigh. "Well I knew your dad my whole life and we were best friends and just got along so well, well obviously since you popped out in high school. He sticked with me the entire time and never backed down. After he died I never thought I would be happy again until a year later I ran into Tim at the gym and we just clicked. I honestly think your dad sent him to me so I could be happy again."

"I think so too. He was that kind of guy."

She sits for a second and seems to be thinking. "What in the world is this music? Do you really think this guy can sing?"

"Mom, it's the front bottoms and yes, I think Brian Sella is a beautiful vocalist."

"Well I think he needs voice lessons and by the sound of it you should probably go with him."

I narrow my eyes. "I still have a lot of work to do so you can go any time now."

She smirks. "Have fun listening to your front bottoms then."

I giggle and cover my hands with my face. "See you later mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
The Front Bottoms is in my top five favorite bands, I'm obsessed so that's one of the reasons they will be mentioned a lot.

Hope you like it.