Status: One chapter only, enjoy my lovelies!

Tabitha

One and only chapter

Angela awoke with a fright, looking around her room. She didn't see the familiar sight of her fluffy orange cat anywhere and a bad feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. She threw the covers back and jumped out of bed, beginning a thorough search of every room in the house. Her mother, Diane, looked at her with a raised eyebrow and watched her go back and forth from room to room. After seeing her go through the house for the fifth time, she stopped her daughter in the kitchen.
"What on earth are you looking for dear?"

Angela looked at her mother with a calmness in her eyes that betrayed her frantic actions and Diane felt her blood run cold. She knew that look, it was the calm before the storm in those icy blue eyes. She could tell the girl was starting to unravel.
"I can't find Tabitha!" She sighed, still looking around the room. "Have you seen her?" She let out a distressed sound when her mother shook her head.
"Something happened, I just know it!" The girl groaned and ran back up the stairs, leaving her mother to finish making breakfast. Angela looked around her room for the 7th time. She felt a breeze flowing through her room and cursed when she remembered she left the window open last night.
"Damn cat, she must've gotten out somehow."
The feeling in her stomach grew the closer she got to it and then she knew why, the screen was knocked off. She stuck her head out the window and whimpered softly when she saw something dangling limply from a branch.
"Not again!"

She reached out the window for the small orange body hanging from a thick branch by a red leather collar. Tabitha had beautiful blue eyes like her owner but they were milked over and bulging out. It there wasn't any fur, you could probably see the bruises around the poor thing's neck. The body felt stiff and cold as she held it close to her chest. This happened more than once before, accidents happen and animals die, but it never got any easier. Her heart broke into a million pieces every time. Angela couldn't just let her die though, she'll never let her go. She hummed softly as she closed the window.

"I'll fix this Tabitha, I'll never let you die."
She resumed humming after she spoke and the strangest thing happened, the cat began to glow white. It would only strange to someone looking in from the outside, to this teenager it was as normal as taking a shower. Tissue and bones began to mend within the cat, eyes returned to their normal shade of blue. Angela kissed Tabitha's head and warmth returned to it, slowly she started to purr.
"Oh my dear sweet little Tabby, why must we go through this?"

She set the cat on her bed and closed the door behind her as she walked out, then she went about closing every window in the house. The last one was in the kitchen where Diane sat, waiting with breakfast. She looked at Angela and shook her head.
"It happened again, didn't it?"
The younger sighed and nodded. Her mother let out an exasperated sigh and pinched the bridge of her nose.
"Angela! That cat was supposed to die, that's why she keeps dying! Why keep bringing her back knowing this'll happen again?!" She's about to say more but thinks better of it and stops when she sees the teary eyed look on her daughter's face.

"Because she's my baby, ok?! Besides, it doesn't matter because we're putting iron bars she can't get out of over all the windows!" She sighs softly, running her fingers through her almost white blonde hair.
"You would understand if it was me who was dead, assuming you would want to bring me back to life."
Diane laughs and looks at her. "Who says I haven't already?" She says cryptically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you Dill for reading over this for me! I loved writing it and I hope everyone enjoys it! Recommend and show it to people my lovelies!

-Scream