The Slovak and Danish Ways

protein

Tejay slid his bare feet against the carpet as he entered the bedroom. It was nighttime and from feeling fatigued over a hard day looking at paintings in a museum, the man wanted to sleep. Despite his brother distilling the air from just his presence alone, nothing was more appealing than being wrapped up with fluffs of blankets.

"Ahoj, Sebastian."

The said man raised his daunting face from what mechanical toy he was trying to fix in the dark of the room. Sleep had not welcomed the sibling for his third night now, and so the bags under his eyes were as frightful as the thought of spiders crawling everywhere.

"Hej."

Slovak and Danish. That was the accustom way to greet one another between the brothers.

As a sloshing noise resonated into the air and triggered a curious look from Seb, liquid stained the flooring. In Tejay's hands was a jug of beer and coffee mixed to conjure the ultimate contradiction. It was another creation from the insomniac still staring at his sibling- the alcohol to induce sleep and the caffeine to spur awareness.

A bed suffered weight being depressed into it and groaned at the contact. Fluster took a hold of it's springs as the man who owned it, Tejay, was very easy on the eyes and almost not at the same time for being so attractive... even in the dark of night.

"Did you buy a new tray of eggs?" Tejay pondered aloud, and then slugged his drink back.

"No." Seb replied with a downcast tone. "I didn't have the time."

The other brother wanted to puke everything up, even his guts at what he thought was a pathetic excuse. He was literally sick knowing that Seb was that distraught over a toy and guilt-tripped into thinking himself as a failure.

"But the protein!" a hamster squeaked from the bureau separating the two beds.

"I agree, Lucille. The protein is vital." Tejay responded back to his pet, taking another gulp of his drink.

His daring blue eyes perched upon his brother and waited for him to snap at the implication of what he wanted. It came sooner than he expected, probably from the lack of sleep.

"All right, I'll get the eggs tomorrow, jerk."

A satisfying smile unraveled from the lips of Tejay, and once the substance he was drinking bloated his stomach, the man maneuvered under the blankets.

With a clearing of the throat, Seb spoke up once more with distaste, "Who even names their hamster 'Lucille,' anyways? And how do you know what it's saying?"

"Lucille is a 'she,' thank you very much, not an 'it.'" Tejay murmured towards his pillow. "And her name is beautiful. Also, her brain is magical. She comes up with the greatest things to say... But besides all that, you are just dumb enough to not understand a single word that is coming out of her mouth, bastard."

"Excuse me?"

Tejay laughed tiredly. "Come off it. She's a babe, and that's as far as I'm going with that. Now, goodnight."

Seb tinkered with the plastic wheel of the toy one last time before standing up and leaving the room without a comment.

"What a loser!" Lucille exclaimed, snuggling into the wooden shavings around her.

"You are so right with that, love." the exhausted man praised with a yawn following. "Sweet dreams."

"The protein will be ours..."

"I know, I know."
♠ ♠ ♠
the words of an exhausted writer with back pains and a stiff neck.

and in case you're wondering:
Ahoj - Hello [Slovak]
Hej - Hello [Danish]

Yeaaah, I love Denmark and Slovakia. So, I meddled with that love and briefly input it to this drabble :)