To the Edge

Sept

Andy was making the beds up when he heard a scream. He jumped and ran out of the bedroom to the landing window and saw Oli running off the beach towards the front of the house. He ran downstairs to see what could be happening. It was then that he remembered the gates. He cursed out loud and vaulted over the last few steps, sprinting out of the house to see Oli chasing a photographer. He went after him too, he was quicker than Oli and soon caught up. He forced his legs to carry on and grabbed the guy's shirt, pulling them both to the ground so Oli could lift his camera out of his hands.

"Andy, go shut the gates." His voice was cold and hard, and he didn't envy the photographer as Oli glared at him as he went through his camera.

Andy heard a thud and flinched. He went back outside to see the photographer writhing about on the floor in pain, and Oli standing over him.
"Do not come to my house ever again. And I really hope...that word of this doesn't get out?" The photographer whimpered and Oli pulled him to his feet, pushing him away then turning back towards Andy who swallowed nervously.

"Thank you very much. We were in the middle of rehearsing a particularly...intense and personal moment in the movie, when some asshole starts taking pictures. Of my house, of my colleagues, the actors going at it. Do you know how that makes me look..Andy?" He shifted and moved to apologise but Oli kept talking.

"I now have a hysterical Amelia to deal with, pissed off colleagues, and Jackson. Jackson who will probably want to come and deal with you himself. I have to say Andy, right now I'm quite tempted to let him." Andy blinked, not able to meet his eyes.

"Don't ever leave the gates open again. But...good work catching him I guess. I'll try to stop Jackson, but I gotta say, I'm not always gonna be there Andy. And the others wouldn't stop him, even if they could." With that he walked away, turning his head to say.

"Oh and by the way, Amelia holds grudges. She's not gonna like you after this. She can be just as nasty, albeit in a different way, so watch out for her too."

Andy groaned as Oli left. Only seven hours to go....

Andy was grateful that they stayed outside the entire time, so he could get on with cleaning and didn't have to worry about being groped or sabotaged.
"Oh, sorry." Andy was on his knees, cleaning round the bottom of the bath when the voice interrupted. He groaned inwardly.

"That's alright, I'll get out of your way."

"Maybe I like you being in my way." Andy looked up at Jackson and he laughed.

"Why so serious all the time?"

"You....push too much."

"I know, fault of mine. But seriously though, you're interesting. You as a person, not just the killer looks. To be honest that's all that usually catches my attention." Andy nodded and couldn't help a slight snort come out of him.

"What?"

"How many times have you said that? When being pushy doesn't work?"

"Once." Andy raised an eyebrow.

"I mean it. Once, other than you. That's it. I may be pushy, but I never say anything I don't mean." Andy sighed.

"Look, just...I'm staying for a few more days. If you're not interested by then, I'll leave you alone."

"You mean you're gonna pester me for the next few days?"

"Why not?"

"I have a...difficult life, outside of work. And I don't have time for anyone."

"Except Sykes?"

"What?"

"Oh c'mon, I saw the way you looked at him. He kept smiling at you. Sykes doesn't smile, not genuinely anyway. When you left the gate open he ended up telling you that you'd done a good job for god's sake."

"Yeah, we're friends. Now can you move?" Andy had gone back to not meeting his eyes and Jackson tilted his head up gently.

"Just friends? Ok...so you won't mind me...being interested then." He leant in and Andy pulled out of his grasp.

"I never say things if I don't mean them either."

It took twenty minutes alone on the empty third floor for his heart rate to return to normal.

That night at dinner, Amelia tried and failed four times to sabotage him, tripping him up, getting him to spill things. Thankfully, Andy was expecting it. So all potential disasters were averted.
"Hey." Andy turned to see Oli standing in the doorway.

"Hi."

"I thought I'd escape for a moment. I'm sorry about...Jackson, Amelia, everything." He spoke hurriedly and walked towards him.

"Don't worry about it. Oh, you've got tomato juice on your collar."

"Oh crap, this is the one my mum bought for my 21st birthday." Oli murmured, scratching at the stain, Andy rushed to grab a cloth and soda.

"Don't worry, club soda pressed into it should.....get rid of...it...." He pressed the cloth onto the stain and trailed off when he met Oli's eyes. He leant forwards slowly and Andy flinched involuntarily when his lips brushed against his.

"I...sorry." Oli left quickly before Andy could get out the words to fix it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Your feedback is what's keeping these updates coming - so please keep it up! Thank you for reading <3