Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

1: The Job

"Hey, you said you were looking for a job right?" A boy with tattoos on his slightly bigger arms spoke up as he stared at his best friend who was texting someone aggressively.

"Yeah, why?" The other guy asked, a thick eyebrow lifted as he spared a glance to his friend.

"Well I have this friend named Jack who has three kids and requires a full time nanny. I told him about you and how great you are with kids and he wants to meet you, well if you're interested."

"Zack, I'm terrible with kids! Hell, my little brother hates me and you expect me to watch three snobby kids who get what they want all the time?"

"Lex, they're not snobby, well just a little but they're really adorable and their mom died two years ago. Jack's a busy man and he needs a nanny to watch over his kids while he's gone on business trips." Zack begged, taking a drink of his coffee as he watched Alex look out the window of the small cafe while putting on his thinking face.

"It's a tempting offer, Merrick, but I can't give up my life just to watch some kids 24/7. I'm 21, a college dropout and in a relationship with a fucking asshole. Why not ask Rian instead?" Alex whined as he looked at his friend who sighed in irritation.

"Cause he's getting married in like two months you moron. Besides, Jack isn't cheap and will pay you a very generous amount to watch his little cherubs and like you said. You're a college dropout with no future and dating an asshole. You've got nothing to lose, bro." Zack persuaded, earning a glare from the English boy.

"Thanks for the insult and what good will that money do to me if I'll be trapped living in a house for who knows how long." Alex scowled, folding his arms across his jacket covered chest.

"Don't be so dramatic and we both know you'll take any excuse to stop seeing Jason. You decide."

"Fine, I'll think about it." Alex said after a few moments of silence.

"Don't take too long. He needs one quickly."

Alex drove him in silence as he thought about the offer. Leaving his abusive boyfriend sounded good, but he also knew he couldn't run from his current life. He wasn't a coward.

"Look who's finally home." Jason sneered as he walked out of the crappy kitchen in their crappy apartment with a beer bottle in hand.

"Not now Jase." Alex mumbled as he shrugged off his coat.

"Aww is my baby sad? Well I don't care, now make me dinner."

"I'm not your fucking slave, Jason! Go make it yourself you fucking asshole!" Alex yelled angrily and started to walk towards the bedroom when Jason grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Show me some respect, boy. I'm the one who provides everything for the prince. If it weren't for me, you'd be stuck with your stuck up family who only care about your little brother."

"I'd rather be with them than you. I just had to be stupid and fall for someone with a low life." Alex spat out, no longer caring about the consequences.

Jason was enraged. Alex was glad his mind was made up by the time the first punch came crashing against his face for the millionth time since they started dating almost a year ago.

The next day Alex had his bags packed into his car the minute Jason had left for work. The snow crunched under his feet as he trudged out of the apartment complex one last time and got in, driving away without looking back. Zack and Rian, Alex's best friends from childhood, met up with him at the same cafe.

"Alex, what the hell did he do to you?" Rian gasped once the slightly blonde boy walk into the store with his face decorated in purple, black and blue splotches.

"Just decided to teach me how to respect him." Alex mumbled angrily as he sat across from Zack with Rian still checking him over like a worried mother.

"So I assume you decided already?" Zack questioned with a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Yeah." Alex sighed in defeat.

"Great, he said he wants to meet you today at three."

"You knew I'd say yes, didn't you?"

"You always do because you love me."

"Don't be so cocky. Ow, Rian stop it!" The blonde boy glared at his friend with the shiny white teeth who was currently poking at his bruises.

"Alex, you sure you're okay? You don't need a hospital do you?" Rian questioned.

"No, but you will if you keep poking me like that." Alex growled. "But Zack, I can't go see him looking like I was in a mosh pit."

"No worries Lex, I'm sure Cass can cover them up with make up." Rian offered, pulling his phone out to text his fiancé.

"Looks like I don't have a choice then. I have to get going. I told my mom I'd be there before noon. Rian, I'll go over to your place when ever Cassadee is available. I'll see you guys around." Alex spoke as he grabbed his chocolate and walked out of the warm and cozy place. "Me as a nanny, hmm. Yeah, like that'll leave me anything good."

Three in the afternoon arrived much too quick for Alex's displeasure. Zack was driving him to Jack's house after getting his makeover by Cassadee who insisted he wore something nice instead of his usual Blink-182 t-shirt and black ripped skinny jeans.

"I'm not sure about this. I feel like I have ten pounds of makeup on and I'm way to dressed up for this." Alex complained for the millionth time and Zack felt his eye twitch in annoyance.

"Lex, you look fine and no offense but this is a good change for you. Ever since you started dating Jason you started dressing like a homeless person." Zack spoke, not even glancing at his friend for a moment.

"You're so rude sometimes, you know?"

"And you complain a lot. So did you go to your parents house?"

"I did. I got attacked by my brother and my parents decided to just give me my old apartment back." Alex shrugged casually.

"Alright, we're here."

"Nice house." Alex mumbled as he stared at the large house in front of him.

Walking up the front steps, Zack rang the doorbell. Alex stood impatiently next to his buff friend as he shivered every few seconds. The door opened to reveal a short woman with greying hair and a soft smile on her small lips.

"Hello Zack." The lady spoke, her eyes looking from Zack over to Alex who was looking around the place in boredom.

"Afternoon, Grace. This is my friend Alex." Zack smiled at the middle aged lady.

"Oh hello dear." Grace greeted Alex and extended her pale arm.

"Hi." Alex smiled back and shook the outstretched hand.

"Jack's in his office waiting for you two. Just go right in."

Zack lead Alex inside the bright and cold house after thanking Grace. Alex looked at the pictures hanging off the walls and smiled a bit at the smiles on the childrens' faces. Zack walked into the office, dragging Alex in by the arm after he refused to go in.

"Zack, good to see you man!" A tall skinny man greeted with a huge grin on his face.

"Same, I brought Alex otherwise he wouldn't have shown up." Zack sighed as he made Alex stand in front of him like a child being introduced to a new person, whichever as the case, except Alex was not a child.

"Thanks Zack for giving me such a great image all the time." Alex scowled at his friend before turning to look at the brunette man who was now in front of him and trying to hold in his chuckles.

"Alex, I'm Jack Barakat." The guy smiled, pulling the blonde boy into a hug, earning a squeak of surprise.

"Uh, nice to meet you too." Alex spoke unsurely as he patted the older man's back awkwardly.

Zack snickered as the other two pulled away and Alex coughed uncomfortably.

"Take it a seat you two!" Jack laughed as he sat on the recliner while Zack and Alex took the other couch. "So Alex, how long have you known Zack?"

"Ever since I moved to the city when I was around eight or so." Alex responded, tugging at the scarf wrapped securely around his neck as Jack's eyes were trained on the nervous boy. "What about you?"

"We're step cousins. And why are interested in this job? You're young, shouldn't you want to spend your time going out to parties and not being stuck with a bunch of children?"

"I love kids." Alex lied and Zack rolled his eyes. "And I'm not much of a social person so I don't really mind." Lie.

"Where are the kids?" Zack asked as he realized the house, for once, was silent.

"Out with my parents. They'll be home in an hour or so."

Half an hour later, Alex and Zack were heading to Alex's apartment after numerous questions from Jack and sarcastic replies from the blonde.

"I think he liked you enough to give you the job and honestly I hope you do get it." Zack said as he parked the car in front the apartment building.

"Why would you say that? I tried to be rude so I wouldn't get the job." Alex mumbled, unbuckling the seatbelt but making no move to go out into the cold.

"That's why. Because you lied to him saying that you loved kids so I hope you do get the job so you can suffer."

"Rude ass bitch." Alex mumbled angrily before getting out of the car and slamming the door shut, storming inside the building.

Once inside the warmth and comfort of his apartment, Alex leaned against the door tiredly and groaned in frustration.

"What the hell did I get myself into. I'm going to die with those children. Alex, why are you so stupid?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like this new story I've been cooking up for awhile and while it says comedy, I'll just go right out and say that I'm no comedian and please forgive.
Please give me some feedback,mid really appreciate it ~ love, Mey