Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

12: The Party

"Engagement party?" Jack questioned with a frown.

"Yeah, come on Jack. It's a great way to inform all of our family at the same time. We're killing quite a few birds with one stone." Hayley whined and Alex rolled his eyes as he walked past them.

"You really hate her, don't you?" Zack asked with a laugh as Alex walked into the room grumbling.

"She's a bitch." Alex groaned as he sat down on Zack's lap.

"And how are the kids taking our relationship?"

"Better than Jack and Hayley's. They say that I'm at least dating someone they like but they despise her. Let's not talk about the ice queen anymore. Rian called me the other day."

"What'd he say? They've been M.I.A since after the wedding." Zack commented as he kissed Alex's head.

"That they're having fun in Hawaii and they extended their honeymoon by about two more weeks."

"Ali!" Dylan cried as he walked down the hallway with tears running down his face.

"What's wrong kiddo?" Alex asked as he walked over to meet Dylan in the hallway.

"I can't sleep. There monster in my closet." Dylan hiccuped as Alex lifted him up into his arms.

"Alex, I gotta go. I work early in the morning." Zack spoke as he walked out into the hallway and ruffled Dylan's hair.

"Alright."

"Bye kiddo."

"Bye uncle Zack." Dylan waved tiredly as the man walked away and Alex headed back to Dylan's room. "Ali no. I wanna sleep with you."

"Buddy." Alex whined but walked back towards his room anyways.

~~~

"Nanny, there's going to be a little gathering this coming weekend to announce Jack and I's engagement. I want you to be in charge of the guests." Hayley spoke as she walked into the dinning room Monday morning, making the kids groan.

"I'm only the nanny, not your slave." Alex replied.

"I wasn't asking you to do it, I'm demanding you too. As Jack's future wife you're going to be obligated to also take orders from me, understood?"

"No. Not really. Kids, the bus is almost here."

The kids stood up from their seats and followed Alex out the door. Tay was holding her nanny's hand while Ty stood by Alex's car waiting for the bus.

"You kids better behave in school." Alex warned them as he walked them to the bus.

"No worries, Alex! We'll be little angels today." Taylor smiled.

"I doubt it. Bye kids."

The weekend of the party arrived. Alex was getting the kids ready and he could hear the music and people downstairs. Taylor was sitting on her bed pouting because of the dress she had to wear while both boys were complaining about the tuxedos.

"But Alex, I don't like dresses." Tay whined as she gestured to the blue dress she was wearing.

"It's just for a little while, princess. Your dad will probably make you come to sleep early." Alex told her. "Besides, you look very beautiful."

"Well I don't like them."

"I hate her, are you sure we can't make a tiny prank?" Tyler asked as he looked pleadingly at his nanny who sighed in exasperation.

"No you can't. Your dad will probably cut my head off if you do. Now let's go."

They all walked downstairs where family members and close friends were mingling around.

"Well don't you kids look adorable." Joyce Barakat smiled as she walked towards her three pouting grandchildren.

"Hi grandma!" They greeted with bright smiles.

"Hello kids. Hi Alex, dear."

"Hi Joyce." Alex replied with a smile.

Alex lead the kids around the room and sat them down on three chairs and giving them a warning about behaving. Zack walked towards them and chuckled at the faces of the miserable children.

"Well aren't you guys excited." Zack teased them and pinched Tay's left cheek.

"Zack." Alex warned his boyfriend of one month who held up his hands in surrender.

"Hello to you too boyfriend of mine." Zack commented.

"Hi." Alex sighed but smiled and pecked his lips.

Hayley walked around greeting guests with a smile so fake it made the Joker's creepy smile ten times better. Jack's family wasn't all too thrilled as they conversed with the future Mrs Barakat who's voice seemed to get more and more annoying as the night progressed. Even May who is usually the most friendly person walked away mumbling a few curse words which Alex managed to catch.

"Alexander Gaskarth." Someone spoke and said male turned around and smiled when he recognized the person.

"Vic, what a surprise." Alex said as he hugged his old friend. "What are you doing here?"

"My boyfriend is unfortunately Hayley's cousin so he dragged me." Vic answered.

"We're both stuck with seeing Miss Bitch, then." Alex commented.

"How do you know her?"

"I am the nanny of her future step kids."

"You taking care of children? That's funny man!" Vic laughed and Alex simply chuckled and shook his head.

"Blame Zack, he got me into this mess."

"Alex, can we talk for a bit?" Jack asked as he walked towards the boy.

"Uh sure. Vic, I'll be back." Alex spoke as he followed Jack to his office. "What's up?"

"I can't do this." Jack said as he sat down on the couch.

"Why? Don't you love her and that's why you're marrying her?" Alex questioned his boss as he sat next to him.

"But I don't love her. I'm not even sure I like her enough to want to still be with her. She's just so not what she was. When we first met she was nice, a bit shy and not so like now. She's turned out to be a total bitch."

Alex laughed at Jack'a comment and shook his head before saying, "So you do see how she acts, I thought you were just too blind to notice who she really is."

"Hard not to when she talks like that to everyone. Sometimes I think she's just with me because of my money."

"Well you still have time to think about your relationship before you guys decide to get married." Alex suggested, looking down at his black skinny jeans.

"I don't like her as much as I like someone else though."

"And may I know who that lucky person is?"

"He's sitting next to me." Jack replied and Alex looked up to look at Jack with a shocked expression.

"J-Jack." Alex stuttered out nervously. "Don't do this. We could have had our time, but you played me. You didn't tell me the truth."

"I didn't play you, Lex." Jack insisted as he lifted a hand to touch Alex's cheek.

Alex shook his head and quickly left the room with a racing heart.

"Nanny, keep a leash on those kids." Hayley growled as she walked over to Alex who placed his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. "Yeah, those children spilled a whole bottle of wine on my dress."

"It's an improvement though. You look a tad bit better if I'm being honest." Alex replied with a laugh.

Jack walked out of the office and stopped when he saw Hayley glaring at Alex and Hayley's ruined dress.

"What happened to you?" Jack asked as he approached his fiancé.

"Your children happened."

"Ali, I'm tired." Dylan whined as he walked over to his nanny.

"Well let's get you and your siblings to bed then. Excuse me." Alex smirked as he picked up Dylan and went to go look for the other two troublemakers. "Guys, bedtime."

"Finally." Tay spoke dramatically.

They followed their nanny up the stairs and branched off towards their bedrooms. Alex wished all three kids goodnight after tucking them in and he headed towards his bedroom.

An hour or so later Zack walked into the room and locked the door behind him while Alex stared at him with a frown from where he was sitting in his bed.

"Lose something?" Alex questioned as he watched his boyfriend take off his shirt and jeans.

"Yeah, you." Zack grinned as he climbed onto the bed and pecked Alex's lips.

"Cheesy." Alex teased as he laid down on his side so they could spoon.

"The cheesiest." Zack hummed as he wrapped his arms around the slightly smaller boy and nuzzled his face into Alex's blonde and brown locks.

Alex smiled and turned off the lamp, falling into an unsteady sleep. The next morning the house was a mess. Empty wine glasses everywhere, chairs were out of place, leftover food on the table and Taylor's shoes lay forgotten on the stairs.

"Kids, no!" Alex yelled as Dylan and Taylor ran around making even more of a mess.

"You really do need a leash." Hayley told Alex who growled angrily.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do." Alex spoke through gritted teeth as he walked off in search of the two troublemakers.

Jack who was walking up behind both of them, heard their little discussion and saw the way Alex walked off angrily.

"Hayley, my kids are not dogs. They don't need a leash to be in their own home." Jack scolded her.

"I was just joking babe. I saw how stressed out nanny-boy looked so I tried lightening up his mood." Hayley lied as she smiled innocently at Jack who shook his head.

"Tyler, where are your siblings?" Jack asked his oldest son as he walked down the stairs with a yawn.

"Probably in your office making a mess like they love to do." Tyler replied as he walked towards the kitchen.

Jack quickly ran towards his office and stopped when he saw the amount of papers on the ground and the poor nanny trying to capture both hyperactive children who were jumping on the couch and throwing books on the ground as they ran around.

"Stop!" Alex shouted and both kids froze, slowly turning to look at their angry nanny and father.

"You two, out. I've told you not to come in here." Jack spoke and both children ran away.

"I'll help you clean up." Alex offered as he looked around the room.

"You don't have to help out, there my kids." Jack said.

"Don't be stubborn." Alex spoke as he knelt down to pick up the papers.

Jack chuckled and knelt down next to the nanny to clean up the mess. Their hands brushed every now and then, a few times on accident and others on purpose.

"Alright, that's the last of it." Alex spoke, fixing the stack of folders before turning around and colliding with Jack. "S-Sorry."

"Well I'm not sorry for this." Jack whispered as he wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and planted his lips on Alex's.

Alex's eyes shot wide open but then he relaxed after a few seconds and kissed back, slowly wrapping his arms around Jack's neck. As the kiss grew more and more passionate, Jack lifted the shorter boy and sat him on the desk. Alex wrapped his legs around Jack's waist, trailing his hands down his chest before pushing him away slightly.

"I'm not sorry for that either." Alex smiled shyly, cheeks turning red while Jack laughed and kissed his forehead. "We can't do this though and you know it."

"I do, but I don't really care. I mean I do, but I care a lot more about you." Jack whispered into the younger male's ear, making him shiver. "I just wish I could do this to you every day."

"Then break up with her. I don't understand why you're with her if you don't even like her." Alex mumbled as Jack's kisses stopped on his collarbone.

"You don't understand, Alex." Jack spoke as he pulled away to look at him better.

"Of course I don't and I won't because you're not actually explaining what the hell you're doing with your life." Alex spat out angrily before shoving Jack away from him and marching out of the office. "Fucking idiot. Hope she drives you insane with her stupid high pitched voice and her stupid fake everything."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gonna go see The Woman in Black 2 later with my bae, so excited :D

Jalex moment at the end though, I'm teasing you guys and it makes me happy :)