Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

14: The Kidnapping

It was the third week into March when it happened. The day had started out like any other day. Alex had drove the kids to school, Jack was at work and Hayley was being annoying somewhere else. Dylan was out with his grandma while Alex went to go visit his mom.

"I gotta go mom, I need to pick up the kids at school." Alex told his mom as he stood up.

"Alright sweetheart, I'll see you around."

As Alex drove to the school, he received a phone call from the school.

"Hello?" Alex answered with fear building in his chest.

"Alex, we tried calling Jack but he won't answer." Tyler's teacher spoke frantically.

"What's happened?" Alex questioned worriedly as he felt his anxiety kicking in.

"Tyler and Taylor are both missing."

"I'm on my way."

Alex drove to the school as quick as he could and as he headed towards the front entrance, his cell phone rang again with an unknown number displayed on the screen.

"Hello?" Alex answered shakily as he halted in his steps.

"Hi baby, do you miss your kids?" Jason taunted and Alex felt his blood run cold, leaving him feeling lightheaded.

"You bastard. Where are they?!" Alex hissed angrily as he ran towards his car and got in.

"I'll call you again in three hours to give you some instructions and Jack better be with you. Oh and you better keep an eye on the baby or he might be next." And with that the line went dead.

Alex called Joyce as he started to drive towards Jack's work.

"Hey Alex, what's up?" Joyce answered and Alex sighed in relief when he heard Dylan's giggles in the background.

"Just calling to make sure Dylan's still there." Alex spoke shakily.

"Of course he is, is something wrong sweetie?"

"I-I'll have Jack call you in a bit to explain."

Alex hung up and soon reached Jack's workplace, racing inside and heading towards the elevators. Once in the tenth floor Alex walked up to Jack's secretary.

"Hi Alex." Anna smiled.

"Hey, is Jack available? It's an emergency." Alex spoke quickly.

"Yeah, he just finished a meeting. Go right in." Anna told Alex who quickly ran in.

Jack was startled by Alex's sudden entrance that he jumped in his seat and looked at the blonde with wide eyes.

"Alex, what are you-" Jack only got half his question out before Alex told Jack everything.

"J-Jason kidnapped T-Tay and T-Ty." Alex sobbed.

"What?"

"He s-said h-he'd call later." Alex stuttered, tears running down his face.

"Hey, we'll get our kids back. I promise." Jack spoke as he walked over to the distraught nanny and pulled him into a hug.

"This is all my fault." Alex whispered as his tears fell onto Jack's shoulder.

"Don't say that, Lex." Jack said as he tightened his hold on Alex. "Come on. Let's go home and wait for the call. Wait, where's Dylan?"

"With your mom." Alex replied brokenly as he pulled away from Jack's arms and wiped away his tears.

"Alright, I'll call her once we get home. Come on." Jack said as he wrapped an arm around Alex's waist as they walked out of the office.

Once at home Alex sat down on the couch with his knees up to his chest, sniffling every now and then. Jack walked into the kitchen and called his mom to explain everything while Alex took his phone out to stare at it, patiently waiting for Jason's phone call. Jack walked into the living room shortly after without his tie and jacket and sat down next to the nanny who sat in the same position.

"Hey, everything will be fine." Jack spoke softly as he pulled Alex into his arms once again.

"Y-You don't know that." Alex cried, tears racing down his cheeks at a fast pace. "You didn't know Jason the way I did."

Jack didn't know how to comfort the younger male anymore. Instead he just simply held him tighter and tried getting him to calm down. Alex rested his head on Jack's shoulder, the black screen of his phone mocking him. The silence was enough to drive Alex crazy that and the awfully long minutes.

Two hours and sixteen minutes later Alex's Samsung Galaxy lit up with Jason's long awaited call. Alex sat up quickly and answered the phone with shaky hands as he put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Alex spoke, voice full of fear and tiredness.

"Hi babe. Hope you and Jack are having a splendid time without your children." Jason spoke and Alex could hear the smirk in his voice.

"You fucking bastard. Where are my kids?!" Jack asked angrily and Jason simply laughed.

"All in due time Barakat. I'll call again at exactly nine in the morning. You don't answer, the children stay an extra day or two with uncle Jason. Understood?"

"C-Can we at least talk to them?" Alex stuttered, unknowingly holding Jack's hand tightly.

"Alright. You've got five minutes. Children, your daddy and the nanny are on the phone."

"Dad? Alex?" Came Ty's shaky voice from the other line and Alex let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Kiddo, are you and Tay alright?" Jack asked as he looked down at the phone in Alex's shaking hand.

"Yeah. He's treating us nicely, but we're still scared and want to go home." Tyler choked out and Alex bit his bottom lip to keep from sobbing.

"Ty, everything will be fine sweetie. Your daddy and I will get you and your sister back, but until then listen and do whatever Jason says. He won't hurt you as long as you're good." Alex instructed, remembering the various times he'd been nice and Jason hadn't beaten him.

"O-Okay."

"Time's up. Remember nine in the morning. We'll talk again in fifteen hours. Sleep tight." Jason cackled and hung up.

Neither Jack nor Alex knew what to do after the phone call ended. They both stared at the phone still resting on Alex's left palm while holding hands. A few minutes passed before Jack finally moved and Alex followed suit, placing his phone on the coffee table and letting go of Jack's hand.

"I'm gonna call Zack so he can stay with you while I go get Dylan." Jack spoke.

"A-Alright."

Ten minutes later Zack walked in and Jack left while the slightly bigger male headed over towards his friend and sat down next to him.

"Oh Lex." Zack mumbled as he hugged the distraught boy tightly.

"I'm so scared, Zack." Alex admitted as he hid his face into Zack's chest.

"Do you guys know what Jason wants?"

"No. He hasn't mentioned anything yet, but I'm guessing it's me he wants."

"Fucking bastard." Zack growled.

When Jack got home, without Dylan, he found Alex fast asleep and curled up into Zack who kept running his hands through Alex's messy long blonde and brown strands of hair. Jack walked into the living room and sat next to his cousin.

"He just fell asleep, but I don't think he'll last." Zack spoke quietly, looking down at the boy who looked uncomfortable.

"It's best if he gets some rest. It's going to be a long fifteen hours." Jack replied.

Two hours. It's been two hours since the second call and one hour since Alex woke up from a nightmare in his room. The sun was starting to set and he could hear Jack and Zack's voices downstairs, but no matter how much he wanted to go and join them, his legs stayed frozen.

Alex finally managed to get out of bed and he headed towards his bathroom. After a quick shower, Alex got dressed into some comfy clothes and he walked downstairs where Jack and Zack were talking.

"Hey Lex, sleep okay?" Zack asked his friend.

"Not much." Alex mumbled, pulling the sleeves of his hoodie over his freezing hands as he sat down next to Zack, pulling his legs up onto the couch.

"You should eat something." Jack spoke as he looked at his friend worriedly.

"Not hungry."

They sat in silence for a while until Alex's phone rang and they all jumped. Alex realized it couldn't be Jason calling so he sighed a bit and answered it when he saw Shane's name on the screen.

"Hey Shay, what's up?" Alex asked as he got up and headed towards the kitchen.

"L-Lex." Shane cried.

"Shane, what's wrong?" Alex questioned, fear gripping at his chest once more after hearing his brother’s distressed voice.

"Hello baby. I remembered you talking about your younger brother and a new idea popped into my head, so he's here with me and the other two monsters." Jason spoke through the line with a soft chuckle, a smack echoing in the background.

"Ow! A-Alex!" Shane cried in pain and tears ran down Alex's cheeks as his breath hitched in his throat.

"Jason, stop!" Alex screamed. "L-Look, just let them go. What do you want?"

"Not yet babe. Wait for my call tomorrow morning and I'll give you the next set of instructions."

The line went dead and Alex turned to see both Jack and Zack standing a few feet behind him. Alex took a shuddering breath as he wiped his tears and looked at them with a broken gaze.

"H-He has my brother." He choked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go, 2 updates in one night cause you guys deserved it :)