Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

16: The Arguments

"Nanny boy." Hayley called as Alex walked past her.

"Yes?" Alex answered through gritted teeth as he spun around slowly to face her.

"Where's my boyfriend?"

"Does it look like I'm his nanny, too? Or does it look like he has a gps so I can track him wherever he goes? No, honey." Alex replied angrily before walking down the hall to Ty's room where him and Shane were playing video games. As usual.

"Hi Ali!" Dylan greeted from Ty's bed as he watched Shane and Ty play Mario Kart.

"Hi kiddo. You kids need anything?" Alex asked.

"No, thanks Alex." Ty replied, his eyes glued to the screen.

"Alright, just don't stare at the screen for so long. Your eyes can shrink." Alex joked and walked away laughing when he heard Tyler shriek.

"Hey Lex." Jack greeted as he walked towards the younger boy.

"Uh hey." Alex smiled. "Hayley was looking for you."

"I know, I hid from her until she left." Jack shrugged as him and Alex walked down the hall.

"Oh my gosh." Alex laughed. "You're such a wonderful boyfriend."

"Only the best." Jack winked at Alex who blushed slightly. "How's your brother after, you know."

"He's doing better. Mom's been taking him to see someone and I can tell he's not as jumpy as before."

"That's good. You know I'm going away on that business trip next week, but I'm not sure if I should go. I mean, the kids are still a bit sensitive after this whole thing." Jack sighed as he leaned against a wall.

"Hey, you go. The kids will be fine here with me." Alex smiled. "How long are you going to be gone?"

"Two or three weeks. Depends on how long the deal takes." Jack replied tiredly. "You sure you want me to go? You know I wouldn't mind staying back to watch my kids."

"Jack, I'm the nanny here. You go do your job and I'll do mine." Alex insisted.

"I know, but I hate leaving them for so long. I can't be away from my kids for three weeks, Lex." Jack whined and Alex sighed.

"Jack-"

"I finally found you, babe!" Hayley exclaimed as she walked over to her fiancé and nanny.

"I thought you left." Jack mumbled angrily as he looked at Alex who scowled at Hayley and left.

"I did, but I came back because I wanted to ask you something. Don't you think it's time we moved in together?" Hayley asked as she clung to Jack's neck.

"He better say no." Tay mumbled from where her and Ty were hiding.

"I'm not sure, Hayley. The kids still don't like you and-"

"Babe, that's exactly why I should just move in. I'll be around them everyday like nanny boy and they can get used to me. Please?" Hayley pouted.

"Fine." Jack sighed. "But we sleep in different rooms."

"We're going to die." Tyler exclaimed as him and Tay moved back to Ty's room where Dylan was telling Shane some weird story.

"Who's going to die?" Shane asked as he looked at his friends.

"My dad's girlfriend is going to live here now." Taylor answered as she sat on the bed angrily.

"Awesome." Shane answered sarcastically.

"She's more annoying than Taylor and Dylan combined." Tyler said as he sat next to Shane.

"Hey!" Taylor exclaimed and Dylan simply giggled.

"You kids better not be planning anything." Alex warned as he walked inside the room.

"Alex, you should now us well enough by now to know that we wouldn't ever do that. Especially not to our dear father's girlfriend." Tyler spoke as he looked at his nanny innocently.

"That's exactly why I'm warning you right now. I know you well enough to know that you are planning on doing something. I'm just here to warn you that it's a bad idea." Alex scolded as he looked at all the kids.

"Please Ali?" Tay begged as she pouted.

"No is no, children."

"Lighten up big bro, I'm sure the kiddies mean no harm in their pranks." Shane spoke up as he ruffled Tyler's already messy hair.

"Sure they aren't harmful. I mean I didn't almost die when I slipped on a toy, they didn't dye my hair pink or anything like that." Alex replied sarcastically and Tyler laughed. "Kids, I'm being serious. You can't just scare Hayley away because you don't like her. Your dad loves her which is why he's marrying her in the first place."

"Not true. Daddy loves you, not Hayley." Taylor replied as she crossed her arms across her chest and Alex sighed.

"I do not know where you kids got that from, but your dad doesn't love me and I don't love him." Alex spoke painfully as he looked at the kids sternly while Shane rolled his eyes at his brother's lie.

"Whatever, Alex. It's not like you understand anyway." Tyler spat out angrily.

"No I don't understand, Tyler, but what I do understand is that you three are being rude. Whether you like her or not you need to respect her, she's getting married to your father and you can't spend the rest of your life hating her." Alex scolded them a bit angrily.

Dylan looked down sadly and Tay pouted while Tyler simply rolled his eyes. Shane looked at his brother and then at the kids, his eyes lingering on Tyler who was glaring at Alex. Shane quickly got up and led the two youngest kids out of the room as he sensed a discussion cooking between his brother and Tyler.

"Stop telling us what's right and what's not! You're not our mom, Alex! I don't even know why we even listen to you!" Tyler yelled.

"I know I'm not your mother and I'm not trying to be her! No one said I was here to take her place and neither is Hayley. I'm simply here to watch over you kids and make sure your safe. As for Hayley, your dad has every right to get married again."

"But not with her! We hate her and she hates us!"

Alex sighed in frustration as he rubbed at his forehead and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Tyler still sat there glaring at his nanny who felt like exploding with so much emotions right now.

"I'm done." Alex whispered before leaving the room angrily and Ty bit his bottom lip as guilt pooled in his stomach.

Shane walked back into the bedroom and looked at his friend sadly. Tyler avoided Shane's gaze and instead settled for tracing random shapes on the comforter.

"I didn't mean to." Ty whispered.

"He didn't mean to either, but he's been having a rough few days. Alex understands that you don't like Hayley, he doesn't either." Shane spoke, not getting any closer to the younger boy.

"Then why is he defending her so much?" Tyler questioned in confusion as he looked up at Shane.

"Because Alex is doing his job on teaching you troublemakers to be good children."

"Oh."

A few minutes later Tyler shuffled down the hallway towards Alex's room a bit nervously. He stood in the doorway and found his nanny sitting by the window. He walked inside and over to Alex before sitting down on the older male's lap.

"I'm sorry for yelling earlier." Ty mumbled as he rested his head on Alex's shoulder.

"It's fine and I'm sorry too, but I just want you kids to be nice. I don't want your dad thinking my rude manners are rubbing off on you kids." Alex spoke as he wrapped his arms around Tyler's small frame.

Tyler giggled as he cuddled into Alex and the older male smiled as he held him tighter.

Later that day Alex was helping Taylor and Ty with their homework while Dylan colored when Jack walks in with Hayley. The kids immediately scowl at her and Alex sighs.

"As of tomorrow Hayley will be living with us and I'll be leaving on a business trip early next week." Jack spoke, his arm wrapped around Hayley's waist as the shorter girl smiled at the kids and glared at Alex.

"But dad!" Tyler whined as he stood up from his chair.

"Not buts Tyler. We both think this is a perfect way for you to get to know her better."

"Doubt it."

"Ty." Alex pleaded.

"Fine. We're only doing this because Alex asked us too and because we love him. We can't promise you that we'll like her."

"Alright. Alex, I need to have a word with you then." Jack said and both Hayley and him left while Alex sighed.

"I'll be back." Alex told the children before heading towards Jack's office.

Jack sat down on his chair and smiled at Alex when he walked in. Alex simply looked at Jack but sat down in front of the older male.

"What do you need to talk about?" Alex asked curiously.

"So you talked to the kids about Hayley? I'm guessing they knew she was going to live here." Jack spoke.

"Yeah they overheard you and Hayley talking and we had an argument about this until I finally managed to come to an agreement with them about your future wife." Alex replied as he tried avoiding eye contact.

"I appreciate it even though I know you don't like her."

"You don't love her, but why are you still with her?" Alex asked and soon regretted his question, but his big mouth often got him into trouble. "S-Sorry I didn't mean to."

"You're right, I don't love her. It's just I don't have-"

"The balls to break up with her?" Alex finished for Jack who chuckled but nodded.

"I don't and I feel kind of forced to marry her."

"Why? You'd rather spend the rest of your life with someone you don't love just because you weren't brave enough to break up with her?" Alex questioned a bit angrily.

"She's suicidal, Alex, it's not exactly easy to break up with her not knowing how the hell she's going to react." Jack spat out.

"There are ways to tell her, but go ahead and marry someone your children don't like. It's easier than breaking up with a suicidal girl who's probably just manipulating you to tie you down to her."

"Why do you think that? You don't fucking know her, Alexander. You don't know how many times she's thought of killing herself." Jack's voice shook with anger and Alex didn't even flinch as he stared at his boss in boredom.

"I was just like her when I was fifteen! My parents were going to get divorced, but I tried killing myself in an attempt to make them stay together and it worked. I was fucking suicidal and used that in my favor to make him stay." Alex spoke painfully as tears blurred his vision at the retelling of his past.

"Lex-" Jack began but the younger male shook his head.

"I don't want pity, I'm just telling you that maybe she's not as crazy as she paints herself to be." Alex spoke softly before quickly exiting the room.

"What did you and Jack talk about?" Hayley asked worriedly as she grabbed Alex's arm tightly.

"Nothing that concerns you." Alex spat out angrily, glaring daggers at the pale girl.

"It does because you know the truth." Hayley whispered, her eyes darting towards Jack's office door which was still closed.

"I just told him to watch out for who you really are, not like he'll listen to me because you've managed to convince him very well."

"Asshole. The minute I start living here, I'm going to make sure to make your life a living hell."

"Don't threaten me, princess." Alex growled as he yanked his arm from her hold.

"I'm not, it's a promise."

The office door opened and Hayley made herself tear up as Jack stepped out and Alex rolled his eyes.

"Do something and I tell him right now." Alex hissed under his breath as he locked eyes with Hayley's.

"Hayley, are you okay?" Jack asked worriedly as he stood next to her.

"Yeah, I yawned and my eyes watered. Babe, I'm heading home now. I'll have my things packed for tomorrow." Hayley spoke sweetly.

"Alright. I'll be at your apartment at noon."

Hayley left and Alex headed towards the stairs, feeling Jack's gaze burn a hole into his backside. Dylan came running down the stairs and almost tripped, but Alex managed to catch him before the toddler rolled down the stairs.

"Bunny, don't run on the stairs." Alex warned as he picked up the three year old.

"Sorry." Dylan giggled.

Alex headed back towards the play room where the kids were still working on their homework and he set Dylan down on the ground.

"What did my dad want?" Tyler asked as he looked up at his nanny who looked tired.

"Nothing important." Alex smiled as he checked over their completed homework.
♠ ♠ ♠
So we did have school today only cause it was 29 below zero and not 30. On the upside, weather is supposed to get worse later this week and on the downside, I have exams next week.