Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

18: The Witch

It's been a week since Jack has been gone and things have been a mess. Hayley has constantly been scolding the kids about the little things they do, feeding lies to Jack and blaming everything on Alex. If it weren't because Alex loved the kids so much, he would have quit a long time ago.

"Hi baby." Jack greeted Alex over the phone.

"Hey." Alex sighed tiredly as he laid back on his bed and shut his eyes.

"What's wrong? You sound tired."

"I am. You're future wife is annoying and thinks she's the owner and our boss and- I want her gone." Alex complained as he sat up on his bed.

"No worries, she'll be gone as soon as I get back and you'll finally be all mine. And I'll be able to kiss you all the time and tell you that I love you and say how gorgeous you look." Jack rambled through the line with a smile on his lips.

"Jack." Alex whined with a chuckle as he blushed a bit.

"Ali." Dylan whimpered as he walked into the room after Alex hung up.

"What's wrong, bunny?" Alex asked worriedly as he noticed the tears rolling down the toddler's face.

"I got boo boo." Dylan hiccuped.

"Where?" Alex smiled softly as he pulled the three year old on his lap.

"Here." Dylan said as he put up his index finger and showed a cut on his finger with some blood smeared.

"Oh sweetie, what'd you do?" Alex asked as he stood up and carried the boy to the bathroom so he could clean the bloody finger.

"Paper is mean." Dylan pouted as Alex sat him on the counter.

Alex simply chuckled and kissed his head as he got to work on the red finger. A minute later Dylan ran out of the room happily and Alex chuckled as he followed the little boy. Hayley sighed when she bumped into Alex, but then glared at him and slapped him.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" Alex questioned angrily as he rubbed his cheek.

"Jack called me, warning me to be nice to you. I know you two have been fucking behind my back and I want you to get this clear and right to your head. He is my boyfriend, not yours."

"We'll see about that." Alex smirked as he walked away.

"Alexander!" Hayley yelled angrily and Alex laughed.

"Alex." Ty called as he walked over to his nanny and wrapped his arms around him.

"What's up?" Alex smiled as he rubbed Tyler's back.

"I want cuddles." Ty mumbled as he snuggled into his nanny's embrace.

"Do you want to be babied?" Alex asked in his babying voice that he usually used for Dylan.

"Pwease?" Tyler pouted up at Alex who chuckled and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

"Alright. Come on."

Alex lead Ty to the boy's room, both getting on the bed and Tyler immediately curling up into Alex. The blonde simply smiled down at the child as he held him tightly and ran a hand through Ty's messy hair.

"When is Shane coming? I get so bored." Tyler whined, head resting on Alex's chest.

"Not sure bud. He's a bit sick right now so I'm guessing he can't go out much." Alex replied softly.

"Then can I go see him?"

"We'll see. I'll call my mom and ask if Shane's up for a visit, yeah?"

Tyler nodded happily and both fell into a comfortable silence. The young boy was starting to drift off as Alex sang to him quietly. Ty was fast asleep in no time and Alex smiled down at the boy, sliding out of his hold quietly and gently a few minutes later. Alex placed a blanket over Tyler and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

"Night, kid." Alex whispered gently.

Tyler smiled in his sleep and Alex left the room quietly, going into Tay's room to check on her and make sure she was sleeping. Satisfied with what he saw, Alex left the room and headed to his where Dylan was hiding under the covers. Alex shook his head with a smile and laid down on top of the lump. Dylan giggled loudly and moved around wildly until his nanny got up and laughed as Dylan threw the covers away from his head, hair sticking up in every direction.

"What are you doing here, silly?" Alex asked the child with a laugh.

"Waiting for you, silly." Dylan giggled as he began jumping on the bed slightly.

"May I know why?"

"Can't sleep." Dylan pouted, pulling his stuffed monkey from behind him and holding it tightly.

"Alright. Get comfy, pick out a book you want me to read and I'll be right back." Alex told the child who nodded and ran out of the room as Alex quickly picked his pjs and headed for the bathroom to change.

Half an hour later Dylan was fast asleep and Alex turned off the light, getting under the covers and holding the child close. In the morning though, Alex woke up with Dylan laying across with his legs on Alex's stomach and Tyler curled up on his other side and Tay by his feet.

"Wow, there was a sleepover and I wasn't even invited." Alex mumbled as he tried getting up from his spot between all three children. "Or I can stay until you three wake up. That's fine, too."

It wasn't long before Dylan woke up first which resulted in the other two to wake up because the child is too loud and cheery in the mornings. Tyler groaned and tried going back to sleep but Dylan jumped on his older brother to get him to wake up.

"Dylan, honey, don't be so rough." Alex warned the child as he stood up from the bed.

"Yeah honey, you can break my bones." Tyler groaned in a teasing tone.

"Nuh uh!" Dylan cried and Tyler argued back.

"Kids, don't start. Go to your rooms and get changed." Alex sighed as his phone rang. "Hey mom."

Ty sat on the bed as his siblings left and waited on news about Shane.

"In the hospital? Well what's wrong with him?" Alex asked worriedly and Tyler frowned in curiosity. "Yeah I'll drop by in an hour with Tyler. Bye."

"Why are we going to the hospital?" Ty asked as he cocked his head to the side.

"Shane's there cause they had to remove his appendix." Alex explained.

"Oh. Is he fine?" Tyler asked worriedly.

"Don't worry kid. He'll be fine." Alex assured the eight year old with a smile.

An hour later Alex held Ty's hand as they walked down the hospital halls to Shane's room. Knocking on the door, Alex's mom opened it and smiled at the pair.

"Morning kids." Isobel smiled.

"Morning mom." Alex replied.

"Morning." Ty spoke timidly.

"Don't be shy, honey. Come in you two." Isobel told them as she moved aside to let them in.

Both boys stepped in and smiled at Shane who waved at them.

"Lex, do you mind staying for a bit? I wanna go home and take a shower." Isobel said as she grabbed her purse.

"Not at all. The other two kids are with their aunt so I'm not in a hurry. Take all the time you want." Alex smiled.

"Thanks."

Isobel left and Alex sat on a chair with Ty sitting on his lap. Shane looked at his visitors and smiled reassuringly at them, which eased Ty's nervousness a bit.

"How are you feeling, bro?" Alex asked.

"Sore, but I can't really feel much though." Shane answered.

"Were you scared?" Tyler asked his friend who shook his head.

"I mean, just a little. I guess the pain was strong enough to make me focus on that and not the scary part." Shane replied.

Halfway through their conversation, Alex's phone began to ring and he smiled a bit when he saw Jack's name across the screen.

"I'll be back, kids." Alex told them as he walked out onto the hall. "Hey Jack, what's up?"

"I miss you babe." Jack whined and Alex simply rolled his eyes as he leaned against a wall.

"I do too, surprisingly." Alex teased, a huge smile painted on his face.

"Meanie. Anyways, what are you guys doing right now?"

"Ty and I are visiting Shane at the hospital. My brother had to get his appendix out this morning."

"Painful. Tell Shane I hope he gets better soon and tell my children that I love them very much and tell the cute nanny that I love him."

"Anything else, sir?" Alex laughed quietly. "When are you coming back?"

"Not sure. A week at the most, but I'm counting down the days to kiss you, babe."

"Same. I gotta get back in the room though. I'm watching Shane while my mom is at home."

"Alright. I'll see you soon."

Alex hung up and walked back into the room where Shane was telling Ty another story about who knows what. Both boys smiled at the male who smiled back and retook his seat now that Ty was sitting on the bed.

An hour later Alex was driving back home with Tyler sitting in the back-seat quietly, letting the music playing from the radio fill the silence. Alex thought about how much things had changed in a few months. How he went from being in a terrible relationship, to becoming the nanny of three amazing children to falling in love with the kids' father. He wanted to laugh at how much of a soap opera his life had become. All the drama, the heartache, the passion. Alex felt like he’d end up going insane at a premature age.

“Are we almost home? I gotta pee.” Tyler whined from the back-seat.

“Ty, I told you to use the restroom at the hospital.” Alex sighed in exasperation as he looked at the child through the rearview mirror momentarily.

“Well I didn’t have to go then, but now I do.” Tyler kept whining.

“Just hold it in, we’re almost home.” Alex responded and Ty kept fidgeting in the back.

As soon as the car was parked in the driveway, Ty jumped out of the car and raced inside while Alex simply laughed and shook his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want this fucking cold weather to leave. I hate feeling like a penguin with my thousands of layers of clothes on.