Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

22: Sick Days

“Do you still get nightmares?” Tyler asked Shane one late Friday afternoon, both laying on the bed watching TV.

“No, why? Do you?” Shane asked worriedly as he looked at the younger boy who sighed before whispering a small timid yeah. “Do you tell someone?”

“Usually Alex, but sometimes I wake up screaming because it feels so real and I just get so scared.”

“Well as long as your favorite uncle is here, nothing will happen.” Shane teased, ruffling the younger boy’s brown hair.

Tyler simply blushed a bit and hit Shane’s arm.

“Hey, respect your elders.” Shane joked, but hit the younger boy back and soon enough both boys were wrestling on the bed in the middle of their hysterics.

“Boys, bedtime.” Alex spoke as he peeked his head into Tyler’s bedroom with a smile.

“Aww, but Ali!” Both boys whined, earning a scowl from the former nanny.

“Bed. Now.” He spoke sternly before leaving the room and closing the door.

“Your brother is too bossy sometimes.” Tyler grumbled as they unmade the bed and got under the covers.

“He’s your step-dad now though, so that’s like normal dad like behavior. I get what you mean though, Alex can be pretty bossy.” Shane frowned.

“Heard that!” Alex yelled as he opened the door again and walked over to them, tickling their stomachs. “I’m only bossy because I care about your idiots. Now have you both brushed your teeth?”

“Yes, Lex.” They both replied with a roll of their eyes and Alex sighed.

“I do not appreciate your attitude, but I love you kids.” Alex spoke as he leaned down to kiss their heads.

“We love you too.” They both replied.

After Alex wished them a good night, he left and both boys turned off the light before settling into sleep.

Alex walked into his and Jack’s bedroom tiredly, closing the door and getting ready for bed. Jack still wasn’t home from a late last minute meeting and Alex felt empty without the older male. It’d been exactly three weeks since they started dating and this was the first night Alex walked into their bedroom alone.

“Ali?” Dylan called as he opened the door a few minutes later, making Alex set his phone down and look at the child.

“What’s wrong, bunny?” Alex asked as he watched the youngest kid walk over to him and get on the bed.

“I’m scared. I had a bad dream.” Dylan whimpered, cuddling into Alex’s side.

“Aww bunny, do you want to stay here and keep me company?”

Dylan nodded and Alex grabbed his iPad, playing a game with the child who giggled. They spent the next half hour playing until Jack walked in, smiling at both boys on the bed.

“Hi daddy.” Dylan greeted his dad with a giggle as said man dropped his briefcase, jacket and tie on a nearby chair before laying on his stomach.

“What are you still doing up? You should be sleeping by now.” Jack told the child who simply kept his smile and looked up at Alex.

“He had a bad dream.” Alex spoke.

“Understandable. I’ve missed you today.” Jack whispered as he leaned up to peck Alex’s lips which caused Dylan to giggle again. “Giggle-bug.”

“I’ve missed you too. How was the meeting?” Alex asked his boyfriend who got up and walked into their closet.

“Terrible. We had many arguments with some guys from the other departments and everything right now is just chaos.” Jack spoke.

“That sucks.” Alex responded though really he doesn’t get Jack’s job, but he’s trying and that’s all that matters.

“Alright little man, bedtime.” Jack declared as he walked back over to the bed and picked up his three year old.

“Can you read me a story, daddy?” Dylan asked as they walked out of the room.

“Sure kiddo.”

Alex smiled and tried waiting up for his boyfriend to return, but started to doze off.

“Lex.” Jack whispered as he climbed under the covers.

“Hmm?” Alex responded, looking over at his boyfriend tiredly.

“Babe, I don’t think falling asleep while sitting up is a comfortable position. You might want to lay down.”

“True.” Was all Alex mumbled before getting comfortable and cuddling into Jack’s chest. “Love you.”

“I love you more babe.” Jack smiled before turning off the light and kissing his lover’s forehead before falling asleep.

In the morning Alex woke up with a sore throat and he had a small headache, but otherwise ignored both by moving on with his daily routine. He pushed down his discomfort and instead continued on with his day.

The next day though was a complete new story. Alex felt like utter shit. His sore throat was worse, had a pounding headache and his nose was stuffy.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jack asked his boyfriend worriedly.

"Not really." Alex spoke, wincing in pain every time he talked and swallowed.

Jack frowned and moved forward, placing his hand on the younger male's forehead, sighing when he in fact realized Alex had a fever.

“Alex, how do you feel? And I want the truth, love.” Jack spoke softly as he removed strands of hair from Alex’s sweaty forehead.

“Honestly? I feel like a train ran me over and all that.” Alex groaned.

“I’ll go bring you something.” Jack got off the bed while calling his work as he walked into the bathroom to look for some medicine.

Alex could hear the kids out in the hallway and he wanted to get up and greet them all with a kiss, but he was too tired and in too much pain to move. Plus he had no actual motivation to get up from his warm bed.

“Here.” Jack said as he walked back into the room with the medicine.

“I don’t like the liquid stuff though.” Alex whined with his hoarse voice as he sat up, pouting at Jack who just laughed.

“I’ll go buy you something else later, just take this for now.” Jack begged his lover who nodded with a sigh. “Good, now I’m gonna stay home and take care of you, my prince.”

“But you have work.” Alex spoke.

“I called in and I’m staying so there is no room for arguments, alright?”

“Fine.” Alex huffed and took the medicine, cringing at the taste. “I don’t get why it says cherry if it tastes absolutely nothing like cherry.”

“Logic.” Jack shrugged, tucking Alex back into the bed. “I’m gonna go get the kids ready for school. Be back in a bit. If you need anything just send me text.”

Alex simply nodded and shut his eyes, quickly falling back asleep.

“Daddy! Daddy!” Taylor cried and ran up to her father once he entered the kitchen.

“Hey kiddies. You almost done with breakfast so I can take you to school?” Jack asked as he ushered his daughter to her seat.

“Where’s Alex?” Tyler asked curiously.

“He’s sick today so you munchkins better behave today, alright?” Jack warned them and they both nodded.

“We’ll be good little angels today, daddy.” Tyler spoke up, sending his father an innocent smile.

“You kids scare me sometimes.” Jack mumbled “I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not, but you better behave. I’m not playing games with you three today.”

After dropping off the kids at school, Jack went back up to his room and smiled when saw Alex still sleeping. Jack’s time was divided between taking care of a miserable Alex Gaskarth and watching over a hyper three year old who wouldn’t listen to him. Jack didn’t know how Alex took care of the small human being on his own on a daily bases.

“Kiddo, please, it’s nappy time.” Jack begged as he chased the giggling three year old through the first floor of the house.

“No nappy time!” Dylan shouted stubbornly.

“If you don’t take your nap then I won’t let you eat chicken nuggets for dinner.” Jack bribed the child who instantly stopped running.

“Pwomise?” Dylan questioned with an eyebrow raised and he held out his small pinky, a small pout on his lips and Jack had to refrain from laughing.

“I promise. Grace isn't here today and I don’t really feel like cooking so we could all eat some chicken nuggets today.”

“Yes! Nappy time!” Dylan cried excitedly and let his father pick him up.

“Alex is so going to kill me for bribing you.” Jack mumbled under his breath as he headed up to Dylan’s room.

The rest of the day passed without a hitch and instead of getting better, Alex actually somehow managed to get worse. He tried eating something only to puke it back out, his fever wouldn't go down and he had an awful cough that wouldn't let him breath for a minute.

“Maybe I should take you to the doctor. You’re worrying me.” Jack mumbled that night, helping Alex out of the shower.

“‘m fine.” Alex responded weakly, coughing into his elbow.

Jack simply sighed but said nothing else. He helped his lover back into bed before retrieving the medicine he’d bought earlier.

“Get better, baby.” Jack mumbled into Alex’s warm skin as he too settled under the covers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to make Alex miserable because I was miserable all of last week with my terrible cold which made me miss four days of school.