Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

32: The Coach

The next day Alex was getting ready to go to his mom's house when Ty decides he wants to tag along. Alex wanted to protest but he nodded anyways. Jack was staying home with the other three kids since they had given Grace some time off.

"We'll be back later." Alex told his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around his neck and pecking his lips.

"Alright. Don't forget to keep me updated on that little issue." Jack said, not wanting to mention anything with Tyler around.

"No worries."

They kissed for a few seconds before they pulled away and Alex followed Ty out the door and to Alex's car. They got in and Alex started the drive to his parents' house.

"I didn't know Shane was in the soccer team." Tyler commented, looking at Alex who smiled.

"Yeah he just started two weeks ago which is why he hasn't been over much. He's busy with practice and all that." Alex stated.

“That’s cool, but I’m a bit mad that he never told me.” Tyler pouted.

“Same, buddy. Same.”

When Shane climbed into the backseat of Alex’s car, he was glaring out the window and the air turned tense and Ty shifted uncomfortably in his seat as Alex simply sighed and began his drive to the field. Once Alex parks the car, Shane is out of the car so fast it would probably make The Flash jealous.

“He didn’t even say hi to me.” Tyler pouted as him and Alex take a seat in the bleachers.

“He’s probably in a bad mood, kiddo, don’t take it personally.” Alex comforted, wrapping an arm around his son and looking at some other families who were sitting around as well.

Practice started and as soon as it did, Alex noticed how everything seemed off. The other boys would avoid Shane or tease him about something. The coach was extra hard on his poor brother who looked like he wanted to yank everyone’s head off.

“Shane, stop kicking the ball like a girl and pick up your pace!” The coach shouted, some of the parents whispering about how rough the coach was and others agreeing he was right.

Alex was glaring at the coach in anger, ready to stand up when he saw Shane shake his head in his direction. That’s how the next two hours went, Alex trying to not punch the coach who kept making his younger brother feel like crap and Tyler curled into his dad’s side. When the time to go came, Alex and Ty went over to where Shane and the coach were.

“Ready to go, bud?” Alex asked, unable to keep his anger out of his voice as he glared at the guy.

“Yeah.” Shane sighed.

“Go get in the car, I’ll be right over.”

Shane nodded and him and Tyler went over to the parking lot while Alex stood in front of the coach who was smirking at the ex-nanny.

“You need to watch how you treat my brother, asshole. I do not like the way you treat him in front of everyone else and let the rest of the team pick on him. I won’t hesitate on accusing you of child abuse.” Alex seethed, his gaze cold and threatening.

“I’d like to see you try, Gay-skarth. It didn’t work back then, and I’m sure as hell it won’t work now.”

Alex’s face paled as he realized who this man was. This coach was his physical education teacher back when he was in sixth grade. The guy always picked on Alex for being a bit more delicate than the other boys.

“Leave my brother out of this. The problem was between me and you years ago, not him.”

“Alexander, the problem is between me and your stupid brother. And the problem will be between me and any of your family. You almost fucking ruined my career by telling on what I would do to you even though I know you secretly enjoyed it, faggot.” The coach sneered in disgust.

“The only reason your career wasn’t ruined was because you somehow managed to convince everyone I was delusional. If you ever lay a hand on Shane, I will take legal action this time.” Alex spat out before turning around and heading back to his car, getting in and slamming the door shut.

“Dad?” Tyler spoke up timidly, intimidated by the amount of tension in the small confined space.

“I’m fine, kiddo.” Alex sighed, feeling exhausted by all the emotions running through him.

“I hope you didn’t say anything stupid to Coach Rogers.” Shane mumbled.

“Shut your trap. Did dad sign you up for this?” Alex asked his brother angrily.

“Y-Yeah. I didn’t want to though.” Shane stuttered out.

Alex nodded and drove to his parents’ house a bit over the speed limit. Tyler bit his bottom lip and Shane felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest.

“When we get inside, Shane, I want you and Tyler to stay up in your room and don’t come down until I go and get you. Understood?” Alex asked as he pulled up in the driveway.

“Okay. Come on, Ty.” Shane got out of the car and Ty struggled with his seatbelt until Shane helped him and held his hand as they ran inside the house.

Alex took in a few deep breaths and walked inside, leaving his cellphone in the car as he greeted his mother and asked for his dad.

“Alex.” His dad smiled as he saw his son, though it quickly faded when he saw the expression his son carried.

“So you signed Shane up for this. I should have realized since Shane hates playing sports and you always wanted me to sign up for something. You know you’re doing a terrible mistake though, right?” Alex spoke angrily.

“So what if I did? What’s so wrong about wanting to see my son play a sport?” Alex’s dad spoke.

“There’s nothing wrong, except for the fact that his coach is my old teacher who still holds a grudge against me and hates Shane’s guts for something he didn’t do.”

“Listen Alex, don’t tell me what’s good and what’s not for my son. He’s my son, you go worry about those children who aren’t even yours to begin with.”

“They are mine. They’re my kids, dad. Not biologically, but I love them like my own and same goes for Shane. He’s my little brother and I’ll do anything to keep him safe. And trust me, he isn’t safe with that douche of a coach.”

“I’m sure you’re just exaggerating. There wasn’t enough evidence that he was even harassing you.”

“Oh, so you’re calling me a liar when you saw all the bruises his disgusting hands left on my body!”

“I’m pretty sure anyone else could have done them and you just thought it’d be easier to blame him. I know that man and he’s not capable of doing anything like that.”

Alex stood there staring at his dad with his mouth ajar as tears filled his eyes at how hurt he actually was feeling right now. Isobel stared at her husband with anger and shock before turning to look at her son who had paled a couple of shades.

~~~xxx~~~xxx

Shane and Tyler were locked in Shane’s bedroom, the TV playing loudly while the were curled up on the bed, trying to block out the yelling downstairs.

“Do you really like playing?” Ty asked his friend, voice still soft and with a tremble in it that Shane wouldn’t have picked up he wasn’t paying so much attention to his friend.

“No. I hate soccer, I just wish dad wouldn’t be so insistent on this whole thing.” Shane answered truthfully, wincing as the yelling seemed to get louder. “I love Alex to death, but sometimes he should know when to drop things.”

“He’s just trying to defend you, Shay. I mean, I don’t like the way that guy treats you either.”

Shane smiled softly but then frowned as his cellphone buzzed. Reaching over Tyler to grab the phone from the nightstand, Shane sighed when he saw Jack’s caller ID on the screen.

“Yeah?” Shane answered, putting it on speaker so Ty could listen.

“Shay, why isn’t your brother answering the phone? Are you guys okay?” Jack asked and you could clearly hear Dylan crying in the background.

“Yeah we’re fine, we’re actually at my house and Alex is actually arguing with my dad as we speak.”

“He’s what?! Why?”

“Um, I’d rather not say. Even I’m not sure, though I know it has to do with me playing soccer and dad forcing me into it.”

“Alex, come back!” They heard Isobel shout and suddenly Alex burst into the room with tears rolling down his cheeks and Shane’s heart dropped to his stomach at the sight of his older brother.

“Tyler, we’re leaving. Shane I don’t know if you’re coming with us.” Alex sniffed, wiping away his tears as Tyler quickly got up from Shane’s arms to hug the distressed male.

“Um, Jack’s on the line.” Shane spoke.

“Damn it. Are you gonna go or not?!”

“Y-Yeah. I’m gonna pack some clothes, here.”

“Alex, talk to me.” Jack urged worriedly and Alex sighed as he grabbed the phone and took it off speaker, hugging Ty tightly.

“We’ll be home in ten.” And with that Alex hung up.

“You okay, daddy?” Tyler asked, his arms tightening around the male’s waist.

“I’ll be fine the sooner we get out of here.”

Shane walked over to them with an overnight bag and followed Alex out the door and downstairs where their dad was waiting by the front door.

“You’re not taking him.” Their dad spoke up angrily, making Ty flinch at his tone and hide behind Alex.

“Look, he can decide if he wants to go with me or not and he decided to go. Now please move so we can leave, the rest of my family is waiting for me.”

“You need to let the past go, Alexander. Just because you couldn’t make Rogers go to jail doesn’t mean you need to keep trying and brainwashing your brother into believing he’s a bad man!”

“Shane.” Alex looked back at his brother who nodded and yet again took hold of Ty’s hand, intending on taking him out of the house.

“No. You’re not going anywhere and you need to stop hanging around my son so much!”

“Don’t yell at my friend like that!” Shane shouted angrily, standing in front of Ty in a protective manner.

Their dad simply looked at Shane with wide eyes and Alex took the opportunity to lead the children out of the house. They all quickly got in the car and Alex looked up to see his mom in the doorway but he shook his head and drove away.

~~~

Alex parked the car in the driveway and the kids ran out, quickly racing inside while Alex took in a few deep breaths. Jack walked out of the house and got in the car without saying a word.

“I’m sorry.” Alex finally whispered, leaning his head back and closing his eyes as tears leaked out of his eyes.

“Why are you sorry, baby?” Jack asked with a frown.

“I always seem to bring problems.”

“No you don’t, love. Life can’t be perfect and you know it. Besides, I don’t want you thinking that I’m going to break up with you because of everything that’s been happening lately, alright? I fucking love you and don’t care if you’re related to a criminal. As long as you’re not a criminal, then I’ll keep you forever.”

“Jerk.” Alex chuckled weakly, turning in his seat to look at Jack.

“So do you want to talk or-?”

And so Alex did. He explained to Jack everything that he’d seen during practice and everything the coach had said to him and his fight with his dad.

“When I was around 11, I meet the coach for the first time. He was the teacher for our physical education class and he always gave me these weird looks. One day he asked me to stay after and he tried touching me. No one believed me when I told, my parents pretended they did, but now I know that my dad didn’t. Mom didn’t care about me back then, only focusing on Shane.”

“Fuck Lex, and he’s your brother’s coach? We can’t let this happen. From what you’ve told me, he could be wanting to take it out on Shane to hurt you.”

“I know Jack and my brother is too fucking stubborn to realize that he doesn’t always has to do as dad says. Heck, I never really listened to him at his age.”

“Talk to your brother, try and convince him babe. This is really serious.”

“I know and I’m freaking terrified.” Alex sighed, running a hand through his hair.

~~~

“What do you think I should do?” Shane asked his friend as he set his bag in a corner of the room and turned to look at Ty who was sitting on the bed.

“I think you should listen to Alex and stop playing. I mean, you hate sports so why even bother. Right?” Tyler tried reasoning with his friend, heart still beating wildly in his chest after the day’s trouble.

“I just don’t understand why Alex and the coach know each other.” Shane said, completely avoiding Tyler’s words.

“I dunno. If you want to take a shower, I’ll be downstairs looking for something to eat.”

Shane watched Ty leave and he sighed, running a hand through his brown hair and going over to his bag to grab some clean clothes.

“We need to talk.” Alex spoke up from the doorway, startling the younger boy.

“I know and I’ve thought about it. I’m quitting.”

Alex sighed in relief and Shane smiled at his brother with teary eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
so freaking tired and this story is getting so long, but oh well, there's so much crap I can still write about :)