Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

39: The Engagement

All week Jack had been a nervous wreck. Coming up with different scenarios in his head about Alex accepting or declining the offer to be his husband. Either way, Jack worked on coming up with his speech. May gave him a few ideas, but he shot them down.

“Jack?” Alex called as he walked into said man’s office where he found his boyfriend sitting in his chair and staring blankly at the computer screen. “Jack!”

“Huh?!” Jack jumped in fright and looked over at his boyfriend.

“Why are you so jumpy?” Alex chuckled as he took a seat on his boyfriend’s lap.

“No reason babe. Did you need me for something?”

Alex shook his head and rested his head on Jack’s shoulder as Jack held him tightly. They talked quietly amongst themselves, sharing secrets and laughing here and there.

"The reason why I didn’t want this job was because I wasn’t sure I would be able to watch over three kids. I lost Shane once at the park when he was around three years old, so I was a bit afraid to watch over these kids,” Alex laughed.

“You lost your own brother?” Jack laughed along, throwing his head back.

Alex simply pouted and poked Jack’s cheek.

“You know, I was thinking about Grace. Maybe it’s time we let her go. I mean, I love her and she’s been working with us since Taylor was born, but I feel so bad for making her be away from her family for so long. I mean, she’s here from five in the morning to five in the afternoon on Monday through Friday and then from eight in the morning until four in the afternoon on the weekends,” Jack explained, rubbing Alex’s thigh and placing kisses on his shoulder and up his neck.

“You’re right. Especially now that Dylan’s at school and we both work, she’s basically just house sitting for us,” Alex agreed. “We can talk about it with her when she comes back in two weeks.”

“You’re right. Anyways, how’s work?”

“Terrible. I’m just glad I actually decided to take some classes online so when I do go back to college I just take the courses that I still need to get my teaching license,” Alex grinned, pecking Jack’s lips excitedly.

“I’m so proud of you, babe!” Jack exclaimed as he brought the younger male in for a deep kiss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“You sure you haven’t lost the ring?” May asked her brother quietly, making sure Alex wasn’t around to overhear.

“I’m sure, May, I’m not that dumb,” Jack assured his sister who simply gave him a look before walking over to her mom and Alex’s mom.

Jack shook his head as he grabbed a drink and walked out of the kitchen in search of his boyfriend who was sitting on the stairs with a crying Dylan in his arms. Jack quickly set his drink down on a table and headed over to them, sitting next to Alex.

“What’s going on?” Jack asked, running his fingers through Dylan’s messy blonde hair.

“Taylor decided to be a wrestler and use some of her moves on Dylan, knocking the wind out of him when she tackled him to the ground,” Alex explained, rubbing Dylan’s back.

Dylan sobbed into Alex’s chest, clutching the front of his dress shirt tightly between his fingers. Jack sighed and pressed a kiss to his son’s forehead before going after his daughter as she walked into the kitchen.

“Are you feeling better baby?” Alex asked the child still on his lap.

“Mhm,” Dylan whimpered a bit, just sniffling and hiccuping occasionally.

“Wanna go into the living room and see everyone?”

Dylan nodded but wrapped his arms around Alex’s neck tightly as said male went to set the child on the ground. Sighing, Alex stood up with Dylan in his arms and placing him on his hip as he headed into the living room.

“Hi, monkey,” May greeted her nephew who waved at her shyly.

“Daddy!” Taylor whined as she ran over to Alex after Jack had scolded her for hurting her baby brother.

“No Taylor, you know what you did wasn’t right and your father has every right to be mad at you right now,” Alex spoke sternly as he looked down at her and she pouted up at him.

“Sweetie, let’s have a girl to girl chat,” May offered her niece a hand who quickly grabbed it.

“Any plans for the new year?” Joe asked Alex who was desperately trying to get Dylan to let go of him.

“Not really. Well actually, I still have to finish college which won’t take long now. How about you? Any kids this year?” Alex asked with a smirk.

“Maybe. Allison and I have talked about it,” Joe mumbled.

“About time. You guys dated for ten years and have been married for two.”

Joe laughed and ruffled Alex’s hair before taking his nephew from his poor brother-in-law. Alex went to look after his boyfriend, leaving behind the loud chatter of the families as he headed inside the office.

“Jack, why have you always been in here this week?” Alex asked in a bit of irritation.

“No reason,” Jack shrugged as he grabbed Alex’s hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing it softly.

Alex blushed a bit and giggled as Jack’s stubble tickled his skin. Jack smirked and buried his face into Alex’s neck, purposely tickling the slightly shorter male who laughed and tried shoving away his boyfriend. Jack simply wrapped his arms around Alex’s waist tightly and pulled his body tighter to his.

“Jack!” Alex laughed, finally managing to pull away from Jack’s hold.

Jack simply laughed and laced his fingers with Alex’s as they walked out of the office, May sending them a look when she noticed Alex’s red neck. Jack smiled at his sister and kissed Alex’s cheek.

They ate and laughed as the clock neared midnight. Jack grew more and more nervous as soon as the the final thirty seconds of the old year arrived. Alex was oblivious as he grabbed Jack’s hand.

“5!” They began to shout, Jack wrapping an arm around his lover’s waist.

“4!”

“3!”

“2!”

“1! Happy New Year!”

Jack kissed Alex before dragging him away from the crowded room. Alex frowned in curiosity as they walked back into the office and Jack locked the door.

“Jack, what are we doing here?” Alex asked.

“This is something that I want to do with just us two. I mean, I love our family and all, but I feel like this momet should be special and between us,” Jack rambled as he pulled his lover over to the window that gave view of their snow covered backyard and the moon lighting up the dark room and casting a soft glow over them.

“Jack, you sound worse than me when I’m nervous or anxious about something. Whatever it is, just spit it out,” Alex begged, looking at his boyfriend with soft eyes.

“Lex, I know we’ve only been dating for like nine months but the moment I saw you I knew you were special. You made my heart race with each smile and your laugh was like music to my ears. We’ve been through many up and downs,” Jack spoke, holding both of Alex’s hands tightly and giving them a small squeeze.

Alex bit his bottom lip as his heart began to race and tears blurred his vision as Jack let go of his right hand and knelt down on one knee, pulling out a small box from his jacket pocket.

“Alexander, I haven’t been this sure in my life since Ty was born and I hope you feel the same because I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be able to watch out kids grow, I want to be able to grow old with you while watching our grandchildren. I want to be able to say I love you until one of us takes our last breath. Would you like to become my husband?”

“Oh my gosh, Jack,” Alex choked out as his smile grew and he nodded in agreement. “Yes, yes, fuck yes!”

Jack smiled and slid the ring onto Alex’s ring finger and kissed it before standing up and pulling his now fiancee into passionate kiss as he cupped his face. Alex let his tears roll down his cheeks as his eyes closed and he kissed back, placing his hands flat against Jack’s chest. They pulled away breathless and placed their foreheads together.

“I love you too, so much,” Alex replied and giggled a bit.

Jack laughed as well and sighed in relief.

“Was this what you were so nervous about?”

“Yeah. May helped me out, but none of her ideas were really great. Oh fuck, I still can’t believe you said yes,” Jack explained, pulling away from Alex and looking down at their hands, specifically the one with the ring sparkling under the moonlight.

“I still can’t believe you asked me this soon. I thought I was going to grow old waiting for you to ask,” Alex teased.

“Rude. Have some faith in me babe.”

Alex shook his head and laughed, still not believing he was now engaged to the man he loves. To the man who’s shown him everything he’s ever wanted. To the man who's promised to be with him until their hearts are no longer beating.
♠ ♠ ♠
My friends are sick tired of my Teen Wolf snapchat stories, sorry not sorry but new season starts next week!!!

Anyways, how cute are they? They are finally engaged!!