Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

40: Sick Monkey

A week later and everyone that Jack and Alex knew already knew the news of the happy couple. The kids were more than excited when finding out that their dad and Alex would get married now sooner than later. Jack and Alex had already started talking about their wedding which would happen sometime in the next year.

“So now that you and my dad are going to get married, will you have babies?” Taylor asked one morning during breakfast, causing Jack to choke on his coffee and Alex to stop his hand holding his spoon full of cereal mid air. “What?”

“Sweetheart, Ali and I haven’t talked about that yet. I mean, you three are a handful and with a baby in the house, we’d need to focus a bit more on them, and Dylan, well he’s Dylan,” Jack tried his best to explain after he’d recovered from the shock.

“But why?”

“Tay, your daddy just explained. Now finish breakfast or you’ll be late for school,” Alex spoke hurriedly as he got up and headed into the kitchen.

“You know she’s right though,” Jack said quietly after following his fiancee into the kitchen.

“Jack, we’ve talked about this and we both agreed that it’s not time.”

Jack simply sighed and hugged Alex from behind, placing a kiss to his neck and resting his chin on Alex’s left shoulder.

“Baby, I know you’re still scared, but eventually, yeah?”

Alex nodded and leaned back into his lover’s warm embrace. They talked in hushed whispers until they heard the kids whining about wanting to leave.

“I’ll see you in the afternoon,” Alex sighed before kissing Jack softly and leaving. “Alright you little critters, let’s get you to school.”

The kids put on their coats and shoes before Alex grabbed his car keys and followed them out. Alex watched the kids get in the backseat and Jack walked over to him.

“I might be home late, but I’ll call you by four,” Jack told him, pulling Alex in for a kiss.

“Alright. Love you,” Alex smiled.

“I love you too. Bye children!” Jack waved at the kids as he headed to his car.

“Bye dad!” They all yelled from the backseat of Alex’s car.

Alex drove the kids to school, walking Dylan to his classroom and smiling at the teacher.

“Alright, monkey, I’ll pick you up later. Be good, kay? Love you,” Alex told the child as he bent down to his level.

“I’ll be good, daddy!” Dylan giggled, kissing Alex’s right cheek.

“Good.”

Alex kissed the boy’s forehead before standing up and watching him skip into the classroom before leaving. At work, everything was chaotic. People were running all over the place, papers flying here and there and Alex simply sighed.

“Hey son,” Alex’s dad greeted him as he walked into his father’s office.

“Again?” Alex asked as he took a seat.

“Yeah. Lex, you don’t have to stay you know? I know you’re studying and all so you can go. We’ve got this handled and half of your team isn’t here anyways,” He chuckled as he looked at his son who smiled.

“Yeah, I’ll take your word for it. Um, I’m actually starting at school again in a few weeks so I won’t be coming in much anymore.”

“That’s alright. Amy told me she plans on coming back full time at the end of the month so you won’t have to worry about this for much longer.”

“Finally!” Alex sighed happily, making his dad laugh.

“Any wedding plans yet?”

“No, it’s too soon. Jack and I thought about letting the news die down a bit and then start planning. Maybe in a month or two.”

“Keep your mother updated, she went crazy after you told her you were engaged.”

Alex laughed and nodded, promising to keep them up to date before he walked away and decided to head back home. Alex was a few minutes away from his house when his phone went off and he groaned when he saw that it was from the school.

“Hello?” Alex answered.

“Daddy!” Dylan cried from the other line and Alex quickly changed directions and headed towards the school.

“What’s wrong baby?” Alex asked him worriedly.

“Alex, it’s me, Miss Leon.” A female voice took over.

“What’s wrong with Dylan? Why is he crying?”

“He threw up a few minutes ago and the nurse said he has a fever so I’m calling you because we need someone to come pick him up.”

“Yeah, I’ll be there in like five minutes. Thanks for calling.”

After hanging up, Alex quickly drove to the school and arrived in no time, racing over to the office where the teacher was sitting on one of the chairs with Dylan who had tears running down his flushed cheeks.

“Hey,” Alex breathed out.

“D-Daddy!” Dylan cried as he ran over to Alex who immediately picked up the sick child.

“Oh baby, how are you feeling?” Alex cooed, rubbing the child’s back. “Has he thrown up again?”

“Yeah, a few minutes before you got here. Here, I brought his things,” Miss Leon spoke softly as she handed Alex Dylan’s backpack. “I need to get back now, but I hope he feels better.”

“Thanks,” Alex nodded and went to go sign Dylan out before walking out of the school.

“Tell me if you feel like you’re going to be sick, alright baby?” Alex told the child as he sat him in the backseat of the car.

Dylan simply nodded as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. Alex kissed Dylan’s forehead and smiled sadly. The drive home was silent and when Alex looked back, he saw Dylan fast asleep and smiled softly.

~ ~ ~

“How is he?” Jack asked his boyfriend through the line during his lunch break.

“His fever went down a bit after I gave him some medicine, but he’s still throwing up,” Alex sighed, looking at the child who was curled up on the couch in the living room watching a movie and hugging a stuffed animal to his chest.

“I’ll try to get home as early as I can, there’s not much going on anyway and Joe can stay in charge.”

“Alright, call me if you do come home. I’ll keep you updated.”

“Kay, babe. Love you.”

“I love you too, Jack.”

After hanging up, Alex took a seat next to his child who laid down so his head was on his dad’s lap. Alex ran his fingers through Dylan’s hair as the child shivered a bit and coughed, hugging his stuffed animal tighter.

“Oh my poor, bunny,” Alex cooed sadly.

“Daddy, I don’t like being icky,” Dylan whined, looking at his father with teary green eyes.

“I know baby. Do you want some gatorade or something?”

“Please?”

Alex nodded and went into the kitchen to grab Dylan’s drink, heading back and seeing his baby sitting up. Dylan reached for his drink and Alex handed it to him.

“Need anything else?” Alex asked the child.

“Cuddles,” Dylan pouted.

Alex pulled his child onto his lap and holds him close to his chest, quietly singing a random song. Dylan’s eyes began to get heavy with sleep and he yawned, snuggling close to his dad and falling asleep instantly.

“Feel better, kiddo.”

Alex laid Dylan down on the couch and covered half his body with a blanket. He quickly went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes and his phone rang, quickly answering it as he tried taking off his skinny jeans.

“Hey,” Alex answered.

“Lex, how’s Dylan?” Jack asked.

“He’s sleeping right now, but he’s drinking liquids now.”

“That’s good, I’m on my way.”

“Alright, just be quiet when walking in. He’s sleeping in the living room,” Alex warned his boyfriend, grabbing an old hoodie that belonged to Jack.

“Okay, will do. See you soon, babe.”

“Bye,” Alex smiled.

True to his word, Jack arrived a few minutes later and walked in quietly, taking off his shoes by the entrance and Alex finished walking down the stairs. Jack smiled at his fiancee and pulled him into his arms as they kissed softly.

“Hi,” Alex grinned, arms wrapped around Jack’s neck.

“Hi, Lexy.” Jack grinned.

Alex pouted and lead Jack into the living room where Dylan was still sleeping. Jack knelt down in front of his son and touched his forehead lightly, sighing when feeling how warm his son was. Alex sat on the armrest running his fingers through Dylan’s hair.

“He’s still pretty warm,” Jack commented as he stood up.

“I know. It breaks my heart seeing him like this. I just want my baby to be good again,” Alex whispered sadly, looking at Jack who smiled at him and kissed his forehead.

“I know, love, but he’ll be fine in a few days. I’ll go get the kids from school in awhile.”

Alex nodded and they heard Dylan sneeze a few times, looking over to see him wide awake. They smiled when Dylan spotted Jack and immediately made grabby hands at the man who wasted no time in pulling him into his arms and holding him tightly.

“My poor Dyl-boo,” Jack cooed as he placed kisses all over Dylan’s face, making the child giggle quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This would have been up yesterday, but Teen Wolf ruined my day with the marathon and then the new episode and holy crap!
10 CHAPTERS LEFT