Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

Epilogue

“When are they coming home?” Taylor whined as she helped decorate the living room with balloons.

“Stop whining and hurry up, Grandma Isobel said they shouldn’t take any longer now,” Tyler told his sister as he placed his phone back in his back pocket.

“What’s the baby’s name, nana?” Dylan asked Joyce as he walked up to her.

“It’s Jordan, sweetie,” Joyce smiled as she ran her fingers through Dylan’s hair.

Just then the front door opened and all three kids ran over to the hallway and stood a few feet away from the door with Joyce and Isobel standing behind them, smiles on all of their faces. Alex stepped in first with a yellow diaper bag on his right shoulder and he walked in slowly and with a tired smile on his face as he spotted his other three kids. Jack came in last with the car seat and a blanket covering the baby, keeping it hidden from the others.

“Welcome home,” they all said, mindful to keep their voices at a normal level in case the baby was sleeping.

“Well what a lovely surprise!” Alex smiled, hugging the kids before going over to hug his mom and mother in law.

“How are you feeling honey?” Isobel asked as she lead Alex towards the living room where they all sat down on the couches.

“Tired, sore, but I like this lovely surprise,” Alex smiled as he looked around at the balloons and welcome home banner.

“It was my idea,” Tyler smirked as he sat next to his stepfather.

“Was not,” Taylor huffed out as she walked in with her father.

“Alright kiddies, don’t start fighting so soon,” Jack warned them with a smile as he set the car seat down in front of Alex and uncovered the sleeping baby who began to move around as the room’s cold air hit it's still wrinkly skin.

“Is that Jordan?” Dylan asked with a smile as he looked at the baby and then at his dads.

“Yeah,” Alex smiled. “Wanna come out and say hi, Jordan?”

“I’ll get her,” Jack told his husband and bent down to pick up the three day old baby, smoothing her pink onesie and kissing her head gently.

“Hi sweetie,” Alex smiled as Jordan opened her eyes and took her from Jack. “Kids, meet your new baby sister.”

“Finally another girl!” Taylor exclaimed, making the others laugh.

“Can I hold her?” Tyler asked timidly, a finger stroking over Jordan’s soft hand.

“Of course kiddo, here, sit back,” Jack instructed while Alex shifted to settle Jordan in Ty’s arms gently.

“She’s so small,” Tyler giggled, looking down at his new sister with loving eyes.

“Well yeah, but she’ll grow bigger each day,” Jack commented, taking a picture of his oldest child and his youngest and uploading it to his social media.

Later that day, Taylor and Dylan were running around the living room playing with the pink balloons while Tyler was upstairs with Alex helping him out with Jordan while Jack was doing some business calls.

“Will you ever change her diaper?” Alex teased his oldest son as he finished dressing Jordan after changing her diaper.

“If it’s only pee, I’ll leave the poop to you and dad,” Tyler smiled, making Alex laugh before he picked up the tired baby.

“Alright. How are things with Shane?”

“You know?”

“I know everything, darling. Now spill. When did he ask you? Oh my gosh, this is so exciting,” Alex gushed as he steered his stepson to the couch in the nursery.

“Well it was the day you went to the hospital, Shane was over you know and we watched the kids and well he kinda sort of kissed me and he kind of sort of asked me out? I mean, we still haven’t been on a date, but he said he’d take me out this weekend. Don’t tell dad though, I mean, I’m scared to tell him and all,” Tyler pleaded as he looked at Alex.

“Don’t worry kid, your secret is safe with me.”

Tyler let out a breath of relief and looked around the room as he remember the amount of days they all spent helping with making the nursery perfect for their new sibling. No one knew if they were having a boy or girl, since the baby decided to play peek-a-boo during every ultrasound so the gender was kept a mystery until the day of which is why Alex and Jack had also decided on a gender neutral name just to be on the safe side.

The walls of the nursery were a light gray, the crib was white along with the other furniture and the couch. The rug in the room was yellow along with the curtains and throw pillows on the couch that sat under a window. The bedding was also kept in a gray color with yellow and the stuffed animals sat along a shelf high up on the wall opposite of the crib.

“Are we going to end up redoing the room?” Tyler suddenly asked.

“Not until she’s older and decides she doesn’t want gray in her room. Though maybe we could switch out this ugly yellow rug that your father picked out and pick a different color,” Alex joked and Ty laughed, agreeing with the ex-nanny.

Just then Jordan started to cry, startling both Alex and Ty who laughed after. Alex stood up with the baby in his arms before heading downstairs to fetch her a bottle since it’d been awhile since she’d last eaten with Tyler trailing behind. They found Dylan sitting on the couch watching a movie while Taylor was in the kitchen with Jack who was preparing a bottle for Jordan.

“I heard her cry and figured she’d be hungry,” Jack smiled as he handed the bottle to Alex who was trying to calm down the crying baby.

“Thanks,” Alex whispered, feeling a bit overwhelmed as he took a seat and placed the tip of the bottle to Jordan’s lips who immediately stopped crying.

The kids left the kitchen shortly after and Jack sat next to his husband, kissing his shoulder softly as he watched his daughter with fond eyes.

“We’re doing great, Lex,” Jack whispered.

“We are, but I’m still scared,” Alex admitted as he looked down at Jordan who was starting to fall asleep.

“I know you probably are babe, but there’s no reason to be. Everything will be fine,” Jack spoke softly, nuzzling his face into Alex’s neck.

“It’s just the fear of what happened to her that’s not letting me be fully happy. Don’t get me wrong I love all of this, loving having Jordan in my arms after so long and all, but I’m scared I’ll wake up one day and find her not breathing.”

“But what’s the probability that’ll happen again?”

Alex let out a sigh, trying to relax, but after what happened to Melody he didn’t want that to happen to Jordan and have to go through the same heartbreak all over.

“Do you know why Tyler is so happy?” Jack asked once Jordan was done with her bottle and he was burping her while Alex did the dishes.

“Nope, not a clue,” Alex responded with a smile, thankful that his back was to Jack.

~

Jordan’s first night at home was anything but easy. She’d woken up a total of five times during the night and woke up Dylan who was a light sleeper and so the next morning he was a grumpy boy along with Jack who had to go to work for a last minute meeting.

“Daddy,” Dylan whined as he walked into Jordan’s bedroom where Alex was setting a sleeping baby down in her crib.

“Yes, monkey?” Alex smiled as he grabbed his son’s hand with the baby monitor and lead him out of the nursery.

“I’m tired. Jo kept me up all night,” Dylan sighed dramatically as he followed Alex into the master bedroom and climbing onto the bed with him.

“I know kiddo, I’m tired too so how about we take a nap, yeah?”

“Nap!”

Alex chuckled and got on the bed as well, setting the monitor on the nightstand closest to him before pulling his son closer to him and holding him tightly. Alex sang quietly to Dylan who in no time was fast asleep and the older male smiled as he too closed his eyes.

When Jack got home from his meeting, he walked into a quiet house and he frowned. Dylan wasn’t running around, there was no Taylor complaining about everything and trying to get her younger brother to shut up, no Tyler asking Alex a million questions and definitely no Alex yelling at the kids to shut up. He searched downstairs before heading up and towards his room where he found his husband and his three kids sleeping peacefully on the bed. Jordan was most likely sleeping in her room.

This was all Jack ever wanted. His family was complete and everything was finally going right.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I didn't know if they were going to have a boy or a girl so I kept it gender neutral for the first bit, then I was like, let's have a girl! There's probably two more epilogues left, one with a bit of drama and the last about Shyler. We all need some Shyler love!