Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

47: The Future

Tyler let out a shaky sigh as he looked at himself in the mirror. He caught his dad’s reflection and smiled at him, making Jack smile back as he stood up and walked towards his oldest son with a smile on his face, making him relax a bit.

“Don’t be so nervous, yeah? Everything’s going to turn out great,” Jack told his son who nodded and turned around to hug him tight.

“It’s just, I can’t believe this is it. I’ve waited for this moment for so long and now here we are,” Tyler mumbled into his father’s shoulder.

“It’s a bittersweet moment for me and Alex, Ty. We’ve seen you grow up to be such an amazing young man, seen you fight hard for what you wanted with so much interest and dedication. We’re proud of all of your accomplishments and it’s hard for us to watch you start a new chapter in your life,” said Jack as he rubbed Tyler’s back. “You’ve grown up so much, kiddo. So much and much too quick.”

“I know daddy, I just wish mommy was here. I miss her, but I know that wherever she is she’s smiling and watching over me and my siblings.”

“I’m sure she is.”

There was a knock on the door before it opened and Alex peeked his head in with a smile. Jack and Tyler pulled away just as the other male walked in, pulling his stepson into his arms tightly.

“Oh my boy, can’t believe you’re getting married!” Alex cried and both Jack and Ty chuckled. “Anyways, I hope you’re ready because Shane is waiting.”

Tyler nodded and pulled away from Alex, giving both his fathers a large smile. The door opened again and in walked a little boy with a big smile and he wrapped his arms around Alex’s legs. Alex smiled down and picked him up, kissing his chubby cheeks.

“Did you come see your big brother before he gets married?” Alex cooed at his two year old son who giggled and cuddled into him.

“You guys need to stop having kids, I’m too old to be a big brother,” Tyler commented in a half teasing half serious manner as he tickled his little brother’s side.

“Well…” Jack trailed off as he looked at Alex with a smile before looking over at Tyler with a sheepish smile.

“No, are you serious?” Ty sighed, a smile tugging at his lips anyway.

“We didn’t want to tell you anything until after the wedding because reasons, but yeah. Four months along already. And you’re excited to be a big brother aren’t you, Luke?” Alex answered, shifting the two year old who only giggled at his father.

“So then Shane and I should hurry up with the kids so my new baby brother or sister can play together,” Ty smirked.

“I would prefer to not be a grandpa so soon,” Jack laughed but hugged his son one last time before Alex walked out with Luke who was babbling about something.

Tyler took a deep breath and focused on what his goal was; to walk down the aisle without tripping and making a fool of himself. He could see friends and his family smiling at him and he could feel his hands start to shake and his heart pound in his chest as he took shaky steps down the aisle. He wanted to stay calm, but he was marrying his best friend for fuck’s sake. He remembers when they got engaged, exactly six months ago and it was the best day of his life…

Tyler was nervous and excited. He was currently in their apartment going through his clothes and trying to find something decent to wear to their date. Shane was out right now getting something from his mom’s house. Shane walked in just as Ty finished lacing his shoes and ran over to greet his boyfriend, jumping into his arms and kissing him softly.

“Someone missed me,” Shane teased as he set the younger boy down on the ground.

“I’m just really excited,” Tyler smiled, arms around his boyfriend’s neck.

“And you’ll be even more excited once I give you your surprise tonight.”

“There’s a surprise?!”

Shane nodded and laughed, pecking his boyfriend’s lips softly before telling him to hurry up so they could go. Shane ended up taking him to a late night picnic at their favorite park right by the lakeshore. There was a picnic table set up with a tablecloth and candles in the center. Shane pulled out a picnic basket out of the car and held the younger boy’s hand as they headed towards the table where a pile of roses rested on one of the seats.

“For you my love,” Shane smiled as he grabbed the roses and handed them to Tyler who blushed and took them with a shy thank you.

They sat down and ate, their favorite Chinese meals and candles lighting up the darkness around them. Everything was perfect. The night wasn’t too hot or too cold and Tyler found himself falling more and more in love each time Shane smiled at him or even said a stupid joke that wasn’t even funny but made him feel warm inside.

“You know, it’s a bit hard to believe that we’ve been together for so long and I find more and more reasons to love you everyday,” Shane said as he held Tyler’s hand while they walked near the water.

“You’re so cheesy,” Tyler mumbled but he blushed anyways, thankful that it was dark out.

“Can we stop here for a minute? I want to ask you something.”

Tyler and Shane stopped walking and the older lad stood in front of his boyfriend. Tyler simply looked at Shane curiously as he watched the boy fiddle nervously.

“Okay. We were both pretty young when we got together and I honestly don’t know how your dad didn’t cut my head off when he found out, but back when we first met I knew there was something special about you. We were just kids then and I had no idea why I always got sad when we were apart or why my stomach felt funny when you were around and smiled at me. Now I understand though because we’ve been together for almost ten years and that’s a lot of fucking time, but there’s always a reason to keep falling in love with you even though by now I know you inside out.

“We’ve had our downs like every other couple on this planet but I don’t regret ever asking you out or ever fighting with you over what to make for dinner because that’s what’s kept us together for so long. We’re not perfect, but that’s okay because we don’t have to be. Today though I want to ask you to take the next step with me. I would really love it if you’d marry me, so Tyler Barakat, would you like to be my husband?” Shane asked, voice trembling as he knelt down on one knee and pulled out the small box from his pants pocket and opened it to reveal a silver ring glinting under the moonlight.

“Oh my gosh, fuck yes!” Tyler cried out, tears slipping past his eyes as he watched Shane grin and place the ring on the correct finger before he stood up and pulled him into a kiss.


Tyler started to walk down the aisle with Jack at his side as the music started to play and he smiled over at the people in attendance. Shane was smiling from his place and Tyler locked eyes with his soon to be husband before Jack and him stopped in front of Shane.

“Take care of my boy,” Jack told Shane before pulling him into a hug and then going off to take his seat.

Both boys are all smiles and looking at each other the whole time. They recite their vows with no hiccups and tears in their eyes as they recall fond memories and laugh when it calls for it. The audience sat still, their parents smiling and wiping tears away as they watched and even the little ones were sitting still and quiet.

“I do,” Shane said, his hands holding onto Tyler’s slightly smaller ones.

“Do you Tyler, take Shane as your beloved husband?”

“I do,” Tyler smiled and seconds later they were kissing as husbands.

~

“Welcome to your new home Mr.Gaskarth,” Shane spoke in a fake British accent as he carried Tyler bridal style through the front door of their new home two weeks later once they came back from their honeymoon.

“Why thank you, Mr.Gaskarth,” Tyler giggled as Shane kicked the door shut with his foot and set his husband down on the ground. “Tay did a good job with the decor. She did and she also did a great job with the new baby’s nursery, but I did tell my dads that they need to stop with the kids.”

“Speaking off, when are we going to start working on one?” Shane mumbled as he began to nip at Tyler’s neck, hands cupping the younger boy’s ass.

“Not today, love. We’ve got to unpack our clothes and it’s Dylan’s last soccer game of the season and I promised we’d be there so up and at ‘em.”

They make it to Dylan’s game just a few minutes before it starts and find a seat next to Alex and Jack who have Luke and Jordan sitting far apart from each other and then Taylor arrives with her boyfriend.

“Ty! Shay!” Luke giggles and waves at the two.

“Hi bug!” Tyler cooes at the two year old and Shane ruffles his hair before leaning down to press a kiss to Jordan’s mess of brown hair.

The game goes on without a hitch and Dylan’s team ends up winning four to two, Dylan making the winning goal at almost the last second and the stands had erupted into loud cheering especially after the game ended. The seventeen year old ran over to his family with a large smile on his face and was pulled into congratulatory hugs.

“You guys made it!” Dylan exclaimed at his older siblings and their partners.

“Of course we did, kid, we wouldn’t have missed your big win for anything,” Tyler smiled at the younger boy.

“Go get showered so we can go, we’re celebrating at home,” Alex told Dylan who nodded and ran off.

~

Tyler smiled a bit nostalgically as they arrived at his childhood home. Luke and Jordan were running around in the backyard along with Rian and Cassadee’s kids and Zack and Jessica’s daughter. Everyone that Tyler grew up around was there, all of them except his grandpa, Alex’s dad. He’d passed away around two years ago unfortunately.

“Hard to believe we were the ones running around like that a few years back,” Shane mumbled as he looked around the yard.

“Yeah, seems like so long ago,” Ty agreed.

Everyone was happy. Things were going great and by the time Jack and Alex’s baby girl was born, Tyler and Shane had announced they were expecting twins. Tay was almost done with college and Dylan had recently gotten accepted to his first choice and was now a week away from graduating high school, something that had Alex very emotional because he’d met Dylan when the boy was only three and now he was seventeen and ready to venture off on his own. No one ever heard from Hayley again and that was for the best. They were happy. Their little family was expanding rather quickly, Alex not once having imagine just how much things would change in just a few years. Of course Jack and the kids still missed Jenna and visited her from time to time, but they knew that wherever she was she was watching over them with a smile.

~ THE END ~

(Author’s Note)

Well, this is it! It’s been almost two years since this journey started and while there were quite a few setbacks throughout, I just want to take my time to sincerely thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You stuck by me through all this time. You all lifted my spirits up with your comments when I reached a low point in my life back when my uncle passed.

You’ve all been a lovely bunch and while this has been officially my last post on this website, I will miss you all. You gave my stories a chance and it’s bittersweet to say goodbye but alas, all things come to an end.

As for my unfinished stories, I’m sorry if you were reading them but my interest in them has been gone for quite awhile and trying to force myself to finish them would end in disastrous results.

If you would like to keep in touch with me, see what I’m up to you can follow me on the following sites and I’ll follow you back :)

Wattpad: EliMartin15 (i post original boyxboy stories there so if you’d like to give them a chance go ahead!)

Instagram: eli.in.wonderland

Twitter: thnx4thosmmrs

Snapchat: melymelissamcr

Daddy and the Nanny has been one of my favorite stories to write even though it took me nearly two years to complete and I hope it was your favorite as well.

Thanks again for everything and goodbye.

Love, Eli.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks again for everything!!