Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

6: The Breakdown

Alex was not feeling okay this morning. Dylan had been sick with a fever the day before and Alex had spent the whole day watching over the toddler so naturally Alex caught whatever Dylan had. Of course though, Alex had gotten up early to get the kids ready for school and check on Dylan.

"Honey, I think you should go back to bed. You're looking a little too pale." Grace said worriedly as she placed her hand on his forehead. "You have a fever, Alex, go back to bed. I'll take care of Dylan."

"I'm fine Grace." Alex assured the lady who had somewhat become a better mother for him than his own.

"Alex, I think you should go rest. I'm staying home today anyways so I can take care of Dylan." Jack spoke up and that's when Alex realized the guy was still in his pajamas. "And don't argue with us, so march up those stairs and get back in bed."

"Yes dad." Alex teased the older man who rolled his eyes as he walked towards the stairs.

The weekend arrived yet again, but lucky for Alex, Jack didn't have to do a last minute trip. Instead Jack let Alex have the weekend off and the blonde/pink haired boy decided to go relax at his apartment for the weekend. Of course fate had other plans for him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex hissed once he saw Jason sitting inside his apartment.

"Waiting for you to return and I guess today's my lucky day." Jason smirked as he stood up and walked towards him, slamming the door shut and threw Alex deeper into the apartment. "You've been ignoring me for awhile now and I don't like that. I've warned you didn't I?"

Jason left an hour later leaving Alex a crying mess in his bedroom curled up under the covers that shielded his naked body from the cold cruel air. With a shaky hand Alex searched around the floor for his phone. Eventually Alex found it and dialed Rian's number.

"Hey Lex, what's up?" Rian spoke cheerfully as he answered.

"C-Can you come over?" Alex hiccuped.

"Sure, are you okay?"

"Just come to my apartment." Alex whispered and hung up, getting out of bed slowly and moving towards the bathroom to take a shower.

After finishing his shower and getting dressed, Alex walked out of the bathroom and saw Rian walking into the apartment. Alex ran over to Rian and broke down in his arms, clinging to his friend like a life saver while Rian gasped in shock but hugged the broken boy.

"Alex, what's wrong? What happened to you?" Rian asked. "Did Jack fire you?"

"N-No. Jason he was here." Alex wheezed out as they sat down on the couch and explained to his friend what happened.

"That bastard. Did you call Zack?"

"N-No, he's just going to say I told you so." Alex sighed as Rian agreed. "And then he'd go beat Jason up."

Rian chuckled before hugging his friend again. Alex rested his head on Rian's shoulder as he stared off into the distance remembering every insult Jason threw his way. Every touch on his skin so rough it left bruises and scratches on Alex.

"Are you going to stay here or do you want me to drive you to Jack's place?" Rian asked.

"Take me back. I'll get my car some other day." Alex spoke as he sat up.

"Alright bud." Rian smiled softly and watched as his friend walked slowly down the hallway to his room.

The drive back to Jack's place was silent except for the radio playing softly. Alex looked out the window at the white scenery blurring past them. The sun was out for a few minutes before the clouds covered it once again.

"At least Jack isn't here." Alex sighed in relief as Rian parked in the driveway. "Thanks Ri for everything."

"No worries, dude." Rian smiled over at his friend who opened the door and got out.

"So this is where you live now. What, mommy and daddy decided to give you more money?" Came Jason's voice and Alex froze by the hood of Rian's car.

"W-What are you doing here?" Alex stuttered out in fear.

"I decided to follow you and now that I did, I know where to come look for you." Jason spoke as he moved closer to Alex and Rian quickly jumped out of his car and pulled his friend behind him.

"Don't you dare come any closer!" Rian shouted and Jason just laughed as he shook his head.

"Please, don't make me laugh."

"Jason please, just leave me alone. I-I'll give you money if you want." Alex spoke as he came out from behind Rian.

"No. You know that's not what I want." Jason shook his head and stepped closer.

"What's going on here?" Came Jack's voice and Jason's eyebrows shot up.

"So you ditched me for this guy? What, does he pay you to be his whore because never in your life Alex will you ever date someone as nice as him. Unless they want something. So tell me Alex, has he fucked you like the little whore you are?"

"Just stop it!" Alex shouted as he slapped Jason hard across the face.

"You're going to regret doing that." Jason sneered as he moved to attack Alex but Jack and Rian both moved quickly and caught Jason before he could throw the first punch.

"I want you to leave my property before I call the police." Jack hissed angrily.

"Ali?" Dylan spoke up a bit frightened as he moved over to his nanny.

"It's okay kiddo, come on let's go inside. Kids." Alex spoke as he held Dylan's hand and told the other two to follow him.

Once inside the kids looked up at Alex who sank down to his knees in tears, startling all three of them.

"Alex, sweetheart." Grace rushed over and told the kids to go to their rooms as she helped him up to his feet. "Is that the guy?"

Alex nodded as he choked on the lack of oxygen going into his system. The front door opened and Jack walked in, rushing over to Grace and Alex, taking the crying boy from her arms.

"Lex, it's okay. He's gone, alright? Shh." Jack cooed as he held Alex tightly.

"I'm scared." Alex whispered as he broke out of Jack's hold.

"Hey, there's no need for that. I'm here to help you out and we can go to the police and-"

"N-No." Alex stuttered as he looked at Jack with wide eyes.

"But why not? He can't keep you living like this. Alex, you have a lot more bruises today then you did two weeks ago, but if that's what you want, alright. Now what happened and who the hell is he?"

"My ex, though he still keeps saying we're together but that's because he's obsessed with me. I don't know when it got up to this point but I'm terrified, Jack."

Jack looked at him sympathetically, but otherwise said nothing.

The rest of the weekend was slow. Alex was locked up in his room getting occasional visits from Jack, Dylan or Grace. By Monday morning Alex was out and somewhat back to normal. Ty and Tay didn't know whether to be the same like every morning or just change and accept the fact that Alex was going nowhere.

"Kids, bus is here." Alex said as he walked over to where they were getting their coats on.

"Okay. Bye Alex!" Tay smiled up at the man who smiled back.

"Bye kids."

"Alex, on Friday my family's coming over for dinner." Jack spoke as he walked down the stairs doing his tie, but fumbled and Alex sighed before slapping his hands away and doing it for him.

"Alright." Alex shrugged as he looked up at Jack momentarily before finishing the knot and stepping back.

"You're awesome, I can never get it to look this good." Jack told the blonde, kissing his cheek as he walked past him. "Oh and on Saturday I have a business dinner to attend so I won't be here."

"Okay." Alex nodded and watched as Jack opened the door and left.

"Ali." Dylan hiccuped as he walked down the stairs.

"What's- What happened buddy?" Alex asked as he knelt down in front of the boy who's pj pants were wet in the front.

"I had a bad dream."

"It's okay, yeah? It happens, kiddo. Now let's get you cleaned up and then you can eat breakfast."

"Ali, you feeling better?" Dylan asked as they climbed up the stairs.

"Yeah kiddo." Alex lied as he smiled down at the child who grinned happily.

The day was fairly easy. All Dylan did was sleep, watch TV and eat. Alex was busy ignoring Zack for most of the day until said guy showed up at the house and Grace made Alex face his fear.

"I'm not even going to say anything because you should be old enough to know what the hell I'm thinking right now after what happened." Zack spoke coldly as he glared at his still bruised friend.

"Thanks, Zack." Alex replied sarcastically as he picked up a discarded toy from the floor. "Now what do you want?"

"Don't act like nothing happened, Alexander. You know I was right all alo-"

"Stop right there. May I remind you that you're the one who insisted I go out with Jason in the first place?"

Zack remained quiet and Alex wished for his friend to just leave and drop the subject forever. Zack walked over to his friend and pulled him into a hug, making Alex's eyebrows to shoot upwards in surprise.

"I'm sorry I got you into this mess, Lex." Zack mumbled into Alex's shoulder as he held the other tightly.

"Don't beat yourself up. Now, let's forget this for now and just carry on as normal as possible." Alex said as he patted Zack's back.

"Alright." Zack sighed in relief but didn't let go of Alex who was trying to push him off.

"Are you going to let me go anytime soon?" Alex asked his friend.

"No."

"Okay." Alex sighed in defeat.

Later that night Alex was in the kitchen getting a glass of water when Jack walks in. Alex smiled at the man and sat down next to him on a bar stool.

"Stalking me?" Alex asked the older man.

"Maybe. No, I just have good luck when I can't sleep and I find you here." Jack answered as he looked over at the blonde boy who was looking down at his glass of water. "How have you been doing?"

"Okay I guess. I've thought hard about this and I-I think I'm ready to tell the police about Jason."

"Are you sure? If you are we can go down tomorrow and tell them." Jack offered, his eyes locking with Alex's sad tired ones.

"Yeah, I'd like that. The sooner the better."

"Grace told me that Zack came over, everything okay between you two?"

"Yeah. We fought, like always but in the end we apologized and everything is good now." Alex replied.

Jack found himself leaning in towards Alex while the younger boy started to move in to meet Jack halfway. Alex let his eyes close once their lips were centimeters apart but Jack's phone started to ring and they broke apart quickly.

"Sorry. Hello?"

Alex sighed quietly as he stood up and set the empty glass in the sink before heading up to his room. Another day perhaps.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are having a happy holidays. I've been sick since Christmas Eve but awesome news!! I got a new laptop!!! :) More updates while I'm at home sick so enjoy