Status: Updated As Much As Possible

Daddy and the Nanny

7: The Girlfriend

It was a Thursday afternoon and Alex was helping the kids with their homework when Jack walks in with a mysterious girl. They all look up at them with confusion when they see Jack and the girl holding hands.

"Kids and Alex, I want you to meet someone." Jack spoke up and they all stood up, Tay and Tyler moving closer to Alex. "This is Hayley, my girlfriend. Hayley, these are my three children Taylor, Tyler and Dylan and that's Alex, he helps me out with them when I'm at work."

"Hello." Hayley smiled and the kids glared at her.

"Hello." Alex greeted back since the kids didn't seem to like her at all.

"Alex, can we finish our homework upstairs?" Tay asked as she started to collect her things along with her brother.

"Alright." Alex replied, taking his eyes away from Jack as he picked up Dylan and they all made their way up the stairs.

"Ali, I don't like her." Dylan pouted as Alex set him down once they were in Tyler's room.

"Yeah." The other two chorused.

"Kids, you haven't even talked to her yet. She's probably really nice and-" Alex was cut off when Dylan shook his head stubbornly.

"But I want you and daddy to-"

"Yeah Alex! You and dad would be perfect for each other!" Tyler yelled.

"Kids no-"

"I need to talk with you three." Came Jack's stern voice from the doorway and they all jumped. "I did not like the way you treated Hayley. You will respect her and that's final."

"Please, like they respected me the minute I started working here." Alex mumbled angrily.

"Alex please, this is between my children and I." Jack glared at the other boy who scoffed.

"Fine." Alex smiled bitterly and stormed out of the room, leaving Jack confused about the blonde's behavior.

Alex locked himself in his room and threw a pillow across the room in anger as tears welled up in his eyes. His heart hammered against his chest as his anger and jealousy took over his mind completely.

"This isn't fair." Alex whispered as he wiped away a tear. "I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up so high."

Dinner was awkward and full of rude comments from the kids and sometimes Alex who was being quiet and kept his gaze down at all times. Hayley rolled her eyes discreetly and ignored their comments as she made conversation with Jack.

"Enough! You three will not behave like this, I've warned you. Now go up to your rooms and stay there for the rest of the night. You Alex, I need to have a word with you in my office." Jack spoke angrily, but no one moved. "Now!"

The children scrambled out of their seats and towards the stairs while Alex got up angrily and walked towards Jack's office while Grace watched sadly from afar. Jack excused himself and got up, walking towards the office when Grace stopped him.

"You're being too hard on Alex, Jack. You're at fault here, not him. His heart is already broken, he doesn't need more of this." Grace spoke softly before walking away.

Jack ignored her and finished his walk to his office, going to open the door but stopping when her words sunk in.

"Fuck, I'm a terrible person." Jack sighed before walking in.

Alex was looking out the window and counting down from ten to keep his breathing under control. The sun had long gone down and he could see the faint glow of other houses in the distance.

"Alex." Jack called carefully as he closed the door behind him and walked towards the boy.

"What." Alex answered coldly, not moving from his spot and resuming his counting as he closed his eyes.

"I didn't mean it." Jack started though he didn't know if Alex understood what he was really trying to say.

"Didn't mean what? Leading me on? Yelling at me? Or what else did you do to hurt me, huh?" Alex spat out angrily as he turned around to face the man who currently held so much power over his heart.

"Everything. I-I should have told you I was seeing someone and-"

"How long have you two-?" Alex trailed off, not wanting to finish his question.

"Four months now, but she was in New York finishing her semester and-"

Alex shook his head. He smiled sadly at Jack before walking out of the room and to find the kids who were all huddled together in Taylor's room.

"Why don't you kids get ready for bed and we can watch a movie together. Sound good?" Alex offered them a smile.

"Okay." They whispered and walked towards their bedrooms while Alex sighed and walked towards his.

~~~

"Was daddy mean to you, Ali?" Dylan asked the nanny as he climbed onto Alex's bed with his stuffed animal.

"No kiddo. He just told me to tell you guys that you had to be nicer to Hayley." Alex responded with a fake smile even though it was killing him.

"But we don't like her." Taylor spoke as she walked into the room and climbed onto the bed as well followed shortly by Ty.

"Well you didn't like me either and now look where we are. Having a sleepover in my room." Alex teased the children who laughed.

Jack was walking down the hall searching for his children when he heard laughter coming from Alex's room and he walked over, standing off to the side so they wouldn't see him.

"But you're our nanny. Almost like a mommy to us and we don't want another mommy to take you away from us." Dylan spoke as he looked at Alex who sat down in front of them.

"Kids, she's not going to replace your mom and neither am I. And besides you guys like me because we've known each other for a whole month now and you just met her. Give her sometime and I'm sure you kids will like her. Besides, it would make your daddy happy." Alex spoke painfully as he looked at all three of the kids sadly.

Jack smiled before walking away with a guilty mind. He really liked Alex. A lot. A lot more than he liked Hayley, but he also couldn't break the girl's heart and besides, he'd never been interested in a guy before so he was a bit scared.

"Now what movies do you guys want to watch?" Alex asked them.

"Saw!" Tyler yelled.

"Keep it G if not PG." Alex chuckled.

"Frozen!" They all yelled at the same time and Alex had to refrain himself from groaning.

The next morning school was cancelled due to a snowstorm so Alex was stuck with three hyper children, Jack and his girlfriend. Grace hadn't gone into work that morning because of the heavy snow falling from the sky.

"Are they always like this?" Hayley asked Jack as they watched the three monsters run around while Alex sat on the stairs waiting until they tired themselves out.

"Yeah pretty much. I feel bad for Alex, always staying home with them." Jack spoke as he looked over at the young male now leaning back into the stairs.

"Ali, do you wanna build a snowman?!" Dylan yelled as he sat on Alex's stomach.

"Yeah, can we Ali!" Taylor yelled as she sat next to her brother and nanny.

"And have a snowball fight?!" Tyler chimed in excitedly and Alex smiled at them.

"Alright. Go get your coats and stuff on."

The kids scrambled away and ran towards their rooms while Alex followed them slowly. Hayley was looking at Jack who seemed to be lost in Alex as the young male disappeared up the stairs.

"It's almost Valentine's day, are we going to do anything special that day?" Hayley asked sweetly as she stroked Jack's cheek.

"Well I made reservations to your favorite restaurant and I do have a surprise for you." Jack said as he turned to face his girlfriend who was smiling widely.

"Kids, slow down the snow isn't going anywhere!" Alex yelled from upstairs as all three children raced down the stairs and towards the backyard.

Alex sighed tiredly as he buttoned up his coat and adjusted his gloves. Jack gave him a sympathetic smile which Alex ignored since he hadn't spoken to his boss since the night before.

"Ali, hurry up!" Dylan yelled from outside as he threw the fresh snow at his older siblings.

Alex stepped outside and he instantly regretted saying yes to the kids. They were already rolling around in the snow as Alex closed the back door and walked towards them.

The snow had stopped falling around noon and was now falling lightly as the kids ran around playing and shoving each other into snow banks. Alex was teaching Dylan and Tay how to make snowballs while Tyler made his own and soon the war was on.

Tay and Ty were against Dylan and Alex who lost because Dylan's throws were short and barely ever hit anyone.

"I win!" Tyler yelled from the top of the play structure as he danced around happily and going down the snowy slide.

"Cause you cheated!" Dylan cried as he plopped down on the snow next to Alex.

"Did not!" Tyler yelled, his nose and cheeks a bright red from the wind.

"Alright children, don't start." Alex yelled as he stood up and dusted the snow off of him.

"We're not fighting, we're simply debating." Tyler responded in a manner Alex would respond.

"I am such a bad influence on you kids." Alex mumbled. "Okay okay."

Taylor looked over at Ty who nodded and they both tackled Alex to the ground. Alex fell down with a shout of surprise. Dylan giggled as he piled himself on top of the nanny who was flat on his back as the children laughed and fell on top of him.

Jack watched from the window with a smile while Hayley stared at them with anger. She was not liking Alex the nanny at all.

"That's cold!" Alex yelled when the kids shoved snow inside his jacket and he scrambled away from the three laughing kids. "You guys are so dead." Alex smirked as he started to chase them around in the yard while they screamed and laughed.

Eventually they all stepped inside once they figured their skin was numb enough and their chattering teeth was all the sound they could get out. Inside they took off their boots, hung up their jackets so they could dry and they all quickly walked to their rooms to change into warmer clothes.

When Alex walked into his room he was not expecting to see Hayley sitting on his bed with a smile on her pale face.

"Get lost or something?" Alex asked as he stood in the doorway, shivering every few seconds as his wet clothes clung to his cold body.

"No, I think you're the one who's lost here." Hayley spoke as she stood up and walked towards the nanny who rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest. "Jack's my boyfriend, not yours sweetie. In case you didn't know, you're only a worker here. Nothing special."

"I know. I don't know why the hell you're telling me all of this because it's clear that Jack is too blind to like someone as big as a bitch as you." Alex replied and Hayley gritted her teeth in anger.

"Listen here you stupid prick. One day I'll be his wife and when that happens I will fire you and send those stupid children away. Your days here pretending to be a perfect family with my Jack and the kids are limited."

"Come visit me when that happens, until then I want you out of my room and away from my children." Alex spoke as he stepped to the side to let her out of his room. "Don't think I won't keep my eyes on you. Have a good day, princess."

Hayley walked down the hallway mumbling under her breath and Alex chuckled as he walked into his room to get dressed.

Alex was standing in his boxers and shirtless while looking for his favorite sweatpants when Jack bursts into his room angrily and Alex sighed in frustration, opening his mouth to say something when Jack beat him to it.

"I will not tolerate you being rude to my girlfriend, Alexander. What the fuck did you say to her to make her cry?" Jack asked angrily.

"I did nothing. She was the one who walked into my room without permission, just like you just did a minute ago accusing me of something I didn't do." Alex spoke, not really surprised by Hayley's actions. "Now if you can leave so I can change because I do not like talking to my boss half naked."

"Half naked or not, I don't fucking care! You're rude, selfish, sarcastic and a bastard!" Jack screamed.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Jacky. If you don't like the way I am then I'll leave right now."

"No! Alex, don't leave us!" Tyler yelled in a panic as he ran into the room and hugged his nanny tightly.

Jack sighed angrily and glared at Alex who was looking at him with a broken and hurt expression. Jack's gaze softened and he was about to apologize when Alex shook his head, tears clouding his vision.

"Leave. I made it clear last night that I no longer wanted to deal with your apologies and lies. I'm better off having little contact with you. I'm only here for the kids, not because I like seeing your face everyday." Alex told him and Jack nodded before leaving the room.

"You're not leaving, right Alex?" Tyler asked.

"Of course not kiddo. Now go find your siblings while I change." Alex told the child who nodded and ran off.

Alex quickly got changed into warm comfortable clothes and leaned against his closet door tiredly. Hayley was sure going to be one big headache for him and his heart wasn't taking this situation any better.

Nighttime arrived and Hayley had finally gone home after dinner. The kids had been happier when she left. Alex walked out of Dylan's room when he bumped into Jack. Literally.

"Ow." Alex groaned quietly from the ground.

"I need to speak with you." Was all Jack said before he lifted up Alex and threw him over his shoulder, walking down the hall to his bedroom.

"Um I could walk instead of you kidnapping me. Alex does not appreciate being kidnapped." Alex spoke as he sighed, hitting Jack's back.

Jack walked into his bedroom, locked the door and threw Alex on the bed. Alex gasped as he bounced a bit on the bed and looked at Jack with wide eyes.

"W-What did you want?" Alex asked nervously as Jack sat down next to him.

"Apologize for the way I've been treating you lately." Jack spoke as he cupped Alex's face in his hands, making the younger boy's heart speed up at the contact.

Alex and Jack both locked gazes, moving closer unconsciously until their lips were a few inches away from each other and their breaths collided with each other. Alex's eyes slipped shut slowly as he made the first move and pressed their lips together in a soft kiss. They kissed in a sweet manner until it turned a bit more heated and Alex was flat on his back as Jack climbed over him, never once disconnecting their lips. Alex's fingers twitched as he tangled his fingers in Jack's dark hair and the older boy placed his hands on Alex's hips firmly.

Alex moaned a bit quietly when he felt Jack move his hands inside his shirt and rub at his chest softly. Jack moved his lips away from Alex's and kept pressing light kisses all over his jaw and down his neck. Suddenly Alex's eyes snapped open and he tensed under Jack's caress before pushing the older man away and running out of the room.

"The less contact the better, Alex." Alex whispered to himself once he was in the safety of his room, Jack's kisses still burning on his skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have up to chapter 18 done and ready to go and let me tell you something, I can't wait for you guys to read the upcoming chapters. I've worked hard on them and I hope you like them :)