Feeling as Good as Lovers Can

Spencer Smith

Image
Alison Marie Walker<3

February fourteenth.
Valentine's day.
It's been Alison's most despised day of the year for as long as she can remember.

Basically, Valentine's day is a sad escuse for guys to spend a ton of money, for girls to get cheap chocolates and atrocious stuffed animals, and for Hallmark to make more money.
Because, apparently, they don't make enough already.

__________________

The alarm clock goes off loudly and obnoxiously at 6:45 AM, but she has already been awake for hours.

The previous day was very possibly the worst of her whole life.
She found out her sweet, caring boyfriend of a year and a half was actually a lying, cheating whore.

Does the name Ryan Ross ring any bells?

My point exactly.

She had caught him at the movies making out with some random bleach blonde slut, and hadn't even attempted to make up a lame excuse.
He admitted defeat.

And she dumped his ass on the spot, before storming home to cry half the night away.

She got an hour and a half of sleep at most, since every time she dozed off, images of Ryan with someone else would pop in her mind and she'd wake up sobbing.

After staying in bed a little longer, debating whether to go to school or not, she decides to show up.
She knows rumors will be flying and people will be talking, even if she hasn't told anyone yet.
But she can handle it.
__________________

She takes a quick shower, does her hair and makeup, and starts getting dressed, when she glances at the calendar hanging on her purple wall, and her jaw drops.

"Valentine's Day?! Oh my God, no no no no no."
She starts pacing around the room, mubling to herself.

"I can't go to school, who am I kidding. I'll see fucking Ryan with his fucking whore of a new girlfriend..."

She sits back in bed and crawls under the covers, craving any kind of comfort she can get.

"Honey, I'm leaving! I'll see you later!" her mom yells, shutting the garage door.

"Alright," she yells back, burying herself deeper under her overstuffed comforter.

Not even ten minutes later, someone rings the doorbell.
Totally clueless as to who it could be, her curiosity takes the best of her and she throws off her security blanket, padding over to the front door.

She opens it and sees Spencer standing there, fumbling with his hoodie.

He notices her and his face lights up with a gorgeous smile.

"Hey, you ready to go?"

Alison's internal lightbulb goes 'ding!' and she realizes Spencer's here to drive her to school like he does every day.

But school means Ryan.
Ryan means meltdown.
Meltdown means even more rumors.

She shakes her head and bites her lip to keep it from trembling, but tears are threatening to spill over, and Spencer can tell.
His smile disappears and is quickly replaced by a concerned look.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" he asks, stepping closer.

It's obvious she's about to break down any second.

"He.." she starts, but then looks up at him uncertain.

His eyes beg her to continue, so she does.

"Hecheatedonme," she whispers, quickly and painfully, tears streaming down her face.

His eyes widen, and he steps forward to envelope her in a hug.
"Oh my God. Are you serious?"

She nods, burying her face in his chest.
"I just haven't told anyone yet. I found out last night."

He holds her tighter, rocking side to side slowly.
"Then he doesn't deserve you."

She nods again, sobbing softly and staining his shirt with tears and eyeliner, but he doesn't care.

"Alison?"

"Hm?" she looks up.

"Be my valentine?" he asks, kissing the top of her head.

She smiles, a small smile, but definetly true.

"I would love to." she answers, before getting on her tippy toes and kissing his cheek.

And who she was looking for might have been right in front of her all along.
♠ ♠ ♠
@!#$%^&*<3
I love Valentina Day (: