The Ghosts Are Real

Ghost #03 and #04

The next two ghosts I saw were in the second house I lived in. They both appeared about a year after my little sister was born and were like the first two. One in the loft conversion which was now my room and one at the bottom of the stairs which lead to the living room and the front door. This time, I started to wnder why I thought these were imaginary.

Ghost #03 was like ghost #01 but completely different in appearance. She told me her name was Abigail but never told me why she stayed in the loft all this time. Long blonde flowing hair, an elegant white dress and a pale look to her. No cause of death was visible so she must've died naturally. From my guess, she looked at least ten. I used to hear her humming a tune every night from where my toys were. She loved them. She comforted me with the tunes I could hear every night. I somehow slept better than I ever did when I first started seeing these so-called imaginary friends. I soon accepted the fact that Ghosts are real.

Not long after seeing her, Ghost #04 started turning up. Though I had no reason to walk down two flights of stairs, I still saw him and sensed him when I was walking past the flight of stairs he stood by. He was just a face. He used to swing round from the doorway which lead to the dining room and just stare with an angry facial expression. and all I could see was the head and face of this man. Nothing else. He swung his head round everytime I looked at the bottom of the stairs after I finished using the bathroom. He gave me the sense of fear back. He never attacked me like the first angry ghost but he ensured that I knew he was there. I refused to go downstairs to go to the kitchen for a drink. I made sure that I had a cup in my room meaning that I could just use the bathroom sink to get a drink. Everytime I walked past the stairs, I used to almost run until I noticed he wasn't there anymore. He had moved to the bottom of the stairs which lead to my room. He turned into a shadowy figure just like Ghost #02. But I didn't feel as much fear this time. He would still frighten me but not as much as he did before. Not long after him moving, I realised that I was wrong about him moving. His body was the shadowy figure and the face started appearing again. So there he was in two parts of the house. He must've been beheaded and his body slung at least a floor above with his head closer to the ground. This must've meant that the house I loved in at the time wasn't here when he was alive. I never felt so much fear.

with both houses with an angry Ghost, I feel this is how my insomnia began. I didn't sleep well and slowly got used to the fact that I would be having restless nights. Abigail comforted me and so did ghost #01 everytime I visited my dad. Nights were just pointless now. I just sat and watched both abigail and ghost #01 and listened for any sound that came from outside my room each night until I was able to sleep. I grew used to being unable to sleep. and both comforting ghosts knew this too. I had to put up with it until my Dad moved again and until I moved in with my boyfriend at the time when I was 16.