Status: your love's got me lookin' so crazy right now

Crazy in Love

....one

"....she was such an incredible person. It's sad, it's hurtful, to see that we lost such a golden soul to this school. I'd like to have a moment of silence in loving memory of Alice Thorn...."

The students didn't hesitate to bow their heads, and mourn in silence over the lost of senior bookworm Alice Thorn. We're not going to see her red long hair, her perfect align freckles, and that welcoming smile in the hallways or in classrooms anymore. I couldn't help but peek over towards Michael King, he's bowing his head also. I know this will hit him tonight at 3 in the morning when he realizes he cared for Alice, and those means words will never be forgiven by her. It's too late for him to apologize to her. It's too late for him to tell her he had a major crush on her, everyone could see it but her.

I wonder how her parents are taking this; their sweet daughter won't be walking through their front doors, can't help set the table for dinner, doesn't get to celebrate her birthday with them anymore. That's going to be the hardest for them since it's coming up in two days. Damn it, I regret just tossing the invitation just anywhere for me to find it two years later.

Miss.Appleton is taking this the hardest, I think she was the closest to Alice than anyone in this entire school. She was Alice's counselor, teacher, and friend. I heard Alice was also Miss.Appleton's counselor as well, it was a two way street for them. She was mainly close to Alice because she dreamed of going to Harvard, and that's where Alice was heading; a school Miss.Appleton was so close to getting accepted by, but things changed.

This is even going to hurt me later. Hell, it's hurting me now. She was a good person, I bet she was God's favorite. Why was she taken from us? It doesn't make sense. Another question, "how?"

"Thank you for that moment of silence in memory of Alice Thorn. If anyone needs a friend to cope with such a tragic lost; you got your classmates, teachers, guidance counselors, myself and vice principal Jane, neighbors, family. Don't let your thoughts eat you alive, talk to someone. Homeroom will be extended for another five minutes. Today is just a regular bell schedule. Please have a nice and safe day."

As soon as announcements went off, a few students rushed to comfort Miss.Appleton. I would, but I just turned in my seat to face Destiny.

"Do you know what happened to Alice?" I leaned in to whisper to her. She furrowed her brows at me, and then shook her head.

"You seriously don't know what happened to her?" She whispered back towards me, still having that confused look on her face. She's waiting for me to say yeah, I just wanted to make sure I heard right. Yet I just shook my head instead. "What police, teachers, and adults are going to tell us 'kids' was that she was involved in a car accident."

I leaned in closer knowing she knows more than what the eye meets.

"It's true, sort of. She was being chased by someone, a psycho maybe who tried to rob her? She did get in a car accident, but my mom and Bill thinks it wasn't no accident. He either toyed with her car, or smashed into her on purpose. So, Bill and my mother are working on this investigation until they find their answers. I just can't believe you didn't hear anything." She rested her head onto her hand for support, it looks like she barely slept. Late night eavesdropping can make a girl real tired.

"Yeah, no. I went to bed around 10. I didn't get on Facebook, Twitter, or anything to see about the incident--"

"She crashed just around the corner from your house." She snapped at me quietly.

I could feel my heart jump at her sentence. How did I sleep through that?

"The way her car was totaled, it had to wake up the whole block. The Kennedys, who are five blocks away from you, even heard the crash. It was bad Candy!" She doesn't realize it but she's shouting now, but no one's noticing. "I bet we'll figure this out before my mom, or anyone, will. We'll crack another case wide open Candace."

"Wait a minute." I said to her, but the homeroom bell rang and she sprinted out of the class room before I could have a word with her. There's no point in catching up with her, she's long down the hall by now. I hate how she's so into crime solving, and investigations, she's a spitting image of her mother; up and down, inside and out.

It was Michael and I remaining in our homeroom desk. We have Miss.Appleton first period for English, which I doubt we'd work today or the rest of this week.

Destiny. She's losing it. The only cases we cracked for her mother was who stole gum from Marvin's Corner Store, who stole Nike's from Footlocker. It was just basic cases. This case is huge. A murder been involved. A murder involving one of our senior classmates. She needs to know this crime needs to be in the hands of her mother, Bill, and whoever else is working on the case. This isn't something that should involve two teenage girls.

I glanced up as I heard the sound of heels clicking their way to the third desk in the first row.

Bridget Brookes; I wonder if she cares Alice is gone. Does she have the heart to care?

From the way she tossed her long black hair, and continues to scroll on her iPhone, she seems like she could careless. Maybe I'm mistaken. She could care, but could careless if she should a little sympathy in front of people.

"Miss.Appleton, it will be okay." One of the students reassured her. From the sounds of it, looks like we'll be doing nothing today.

~

"We're not getting involved." I spat out as soon as she sat down with her tray,

"Good to see you too Candy." She flung a grape at my cheek and chuckled about it.

"I'm seriously. Leave this to your mom, she knows what she's doing."

"And I don't?" She stared into my eyes, she never stares this deep for so long. I know how offended she gets when she feels doubted.

"I'm not doubting that you don't know what you're doing. I just feel this could be dangerous--"

"You're scared. I get it. So we won't get involved, but I will continue to eavesdrop." She shrugged her shoulders as she began to dive into her mash potatoes.

"That conversation went easier than thought it would." I felt satisfied as I picked at my fruit cup.

"My mom, and Bill, I know they'll be gone all night. Is there anyway I could stay at your house tonight?" She continued to eat her mash potatoes. She never asks to stay at my house, she always demanded she's stay and she gets the right side of the bed. I know she has something up her sleeve.

"Yeah. My parents won't care. They'll understand." I answered her, but she was to busy stirring her mash potatoes. What is she thinking?