Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 10: Welcome to the Host Club!

I stumbled into Music Room #3 and landed on the ground. I grumbled about how Tamaki had no tack about anything to myself as the twins hoisted me up. “Thanks, guys.”
“You’re welcome, Hissy-chan,” they said in unison.
*Pulsing vein* “So, guys where I can sit while you’re hosting?”
From behind me, Kyoya said, “You can either sit in the back room or you may sit with me at my table.”
I turned to him. “Isn’t your table going to be full of swooning girls?”
He pushed his glasses further up on the bridge of his nose, making them glare. “Actually no. While you have noticed that most girls, as you put it, swoon over me in the hallways, they seem to be a shy and almost scared to sit with me.”
‘Well, yeah. You don’t do anything else other than work in that notebook.’ I sighed. “Alright, but the moment a girl joins your table I’m going to the back room.”
Kyoya nodded and led me over to his table. There I sat down and took out my homework. Kyoya didn’t join me, instead he went with the others to set up the room. The homework was fairly straight forward. I was already halfway through it when the doors opened to the room and the first guests arrived.
After Kyoya made appointments with the girls, he joined me back at the table. He began working on his laptop, putting the appointments into the calendar and figuring the amount each customer owned the club. I continued with my homework. We both worked in silence. Well, silence was relative when you considered the squealing and giggles from the girls. And the flirting from the Hosts.
A half hour later, I finished my homework for the next week. ‘These rich kids are spoiled. This little homework for an entire week?!’
I leaned back in my chair and sighed. Not looking up from the screen of his laptop, Kyoya said, “If you would like I could give you something to do, Hisoka-chan.”
“No, thanks. I’m actually curious at to what you guys do. So, I’ll just walk around. I’ll probably rejoin you later, Kyoya-kun.”
I stood up and smoothed out my dress. For a moment I thought I saw Kyoya glance up at me from under the glare of his glasses with a light pink staining the upper part of his cheeks. ‘No. Not Kyoya-kun.’ I shook off the thought and headed towards Tamaki.
Unfortunately Tamaki saw me coming. As soon as I was a few feet away from his area, he kneeled down with a flourish *sparkles and rose petals* and he took my hand and kisses it. “Hello, my lovely Hisoka-chan. I see you have decided to sit me today. I shall make your fantasy of being treated like a princess come true.”
I shook my head at him. “No thanks, Tamaki-san. I’m actually just walking around, observing. But thanks for the offer anyways.”
Now, I’m pretty sure, I crushed his soul. At least just a little bit. He went off to a corner and sat while he hugged his knees to his chest. *Mushrooms begin to grown* I looked at him confused. My train of thought was disrupted by one of the girls cleared her throat. “Umm, excuse me. Are you a Hostess?”
“Oh, no. My cousin invited me to stay in here with him while he was hosting, so that we could go home together. Especially since I’m still learning my way around the city.”
Another girl asked, “Who’s your cousin?”
“Haruhi Fujiyoka.”
A couple of the girls gasped and began blushing. I took that as my cue to leave. I curtsied and made my way over to Honey and Mori. There they had a few girls sitting with them. Mori was currently wiping cake off of Honey’s face as he giggled. I suddenly felt sad. He reminded me so much of my little brother.
Yoichi was an unintentional flirt. Kinda like Honey.Though Yoichi wasn’t really that Lolita. He was a sweet little kid. He and I didn’t look much a like, though. He looked a lot like our mother more than our father. I took after him. I imagined Yoichi to look like Ranka when he was older. Minus the drag.
My attention was grabbed when Honey called out, “Hisoka-chan? Why are you crying?”
I wiped my face, a little startled. I was crying. Honey looked at me with a sad look. “I’m fine senpai.”
I tried to smile but he seemed to see right through that. “Were you thinking of them?”
Knowing it was useless to lie to him, I nodded looking at the ground. The next thing I knew I had Honey hugging me fiercely. I hugged back. “It’s ok, Hiso-chan. Don’t be sad, please.”
“Alright, senpai. For you. Would you like more cake?”
He jumped off me, giggling and nodding his head wildly yes. I turned to head for the stock room. I passed by Kyoya on my way. He didn’t look up at me but said, “Honey-senpai has taken a liking to you. Especially if he called you ‘Hiso’.”
“Yes. I suppose so.”
I continued to the stock room and grabbed the cake cart. As I was wheeling it out, something caught my eye. Behind a curtain were a bunch of interments. I smiled and hurriedly made my way back to Mori and Honey. Before I could get away Honey said, “Ladies, this is Hisoka Akiyama.”
I smiled a little and waved. One of the girls said, “Are you in class with me, Tamaki and Kyoya?”
“Yes.”
“I was wondering why you were walking with them. And why were they acting like an armed escort?”
“Ah, so I wasn’t the only one who felt like I was being escorted to be hanged. Well, they were like that because I’m one of the Host’s cousins. And I now live with them.”
“Who?”
“Haruhi Fujiyoka.”
These girls also blushed and giggled amongst themselves when I answered. “Umm, goodbye.”
I walked away before any of them could protest. I was halfway to the instruments when I was grabbed from either side. Ugh. It was the twins. Kaoru said, “Come on, Hissy-chan.”
His brother said, “There are some people we want you to meet.”
Against my will they dragged me to a group of girls. “Ladies this is Hisoka Akiyama. The girl we told you about,” they said in unison.
Alright I just about had enough of this. I grabbed Kaoru’s hand and pinched it on its pinch point. He cried out in pain and both twins let me go. “How many times do I have to tell you, I don’t like being touched! Especially not grabbed and dragged against my will!”
At this point Kaoru looked like he was ready to cry. I felt bad and I was about to apologize, until Hikaru grabbed his brother around the waist and pulled him close. *close up of the twins surrounded by roses* Hikaru angled Kaoru’s chin so they he was looking at him and their faces were only inches apart. “Oh, Kaoru. Did she hurt you?”
In a small voice Kaoru replied, “No, Hikaru. What would make you ask that?”
“The tears in your eyes. The make my heart swell with worry.”
“Hikaru....”
The girls on the couch began squealing and saying how cute the twins were. ‘The hell did I just watch?’ So they were incestual? Gross!
Don’t take it the wrong way. I have nothing against homosexuality. But I draw the line at incest. That is simply something I cannot stand. I quickly shook my head and made my way over to the instruments.
There seemed to be almost every type here: saxophone, piano, harp. Now where were the cellos? Then I spotted it. It was hidden behind the piano. It was beautiful. I grabbed a chair and position the instrument. I thought for a moment on what I wanted to play. And I thought of my mother. And my father and brother. I knew what I wanted to play.
The song was something I heard long ago and it was what I felt. ‘Forever and Never’.
As I played I was unaware of people coming over and investigating. My eyes were closed until I heard a piano join in. I looked up to see Tamaki, who also knew the song. He smiled at me and I smiled back.
The song finally finished and everyone clapped. My cheeks turned scarlet. I got up and made my way past everyone. I kept my head down as I grabbed my backpack and went over to my cousin as she smiled at me. “I haven’t heard you play in so long. It was beautiful.”
“Thanks. Umm, could we please leave I don’t like the attention.”
“Because of that unexpected performance, you and Haruhi-chan may leave early. You unexpectedly brought in new customers.”
I turned around to face Kyoya. But I wasn’t expecting him to be so close. He was literally a foot away. “Thank you, Kyoya-kun. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Haruhi was already waiting at the door for me. I was about to turn to follow when Kyoya firmly grabbed my arm. I wasn’t expecting that from him. I snapped my neck back around to face him. “That was a lovely performance, Hisoka-chan. It would be wonderful to see you perform again soon.”
For some reason my heart rate spiked and my throat suddenly felt dry. I didn’t trust myself to speak so I nodded instead. He let go of me and I turned to catch up with my cousin. I would later learn that Kyoya’s actions caught the attention of several swooning girls.
Haruhi and I quickly walked home in silence. When we were almost there, I noticed she was looking at me with a silly smirk on her face. “Can I help you with something, Doe-eyes?”
“No, I was just thinking.”
“Mmhmm,” I sounded not believing her. Now I had to start working on my investigation for Chairman Souh. This was going to be fun....