Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 12: An Evening to get Ready For

My birthday was on a Tuesday. So waiting for Friday was almost a torture. But that probably wasn’t the worst of it. Wednesday night, I had to tell Ranka where I was going Friday. I didn’t know how to tell him. I knew this was nothing more than a business proposition from Kyoya. But Ranka probably would not see it that way.
Ranka was sitting in the living room reading one of his gossip magazines. Haruhi was out getting groceries, so I didn’t have to worry about her walking in on us while I talked to Ranka. “Ojisan? Can I talk to you?”
I sat down opposite of him as he put down his magazine. “Of course, sweetie. Now what is it that you want to talk to your uncle about?”
“Well, um, I got invited to a banquet....”
“Oh, I know. Kyoya called while you were at school today. He told me everything.”
“What?!”
“Oh, yes! He called to ask permission to take you. I thought it was an wonderful idea and quickly agreed. Besides I have completely selfish reasons for wanting you to go!”
“O-Oh?”
He smiled and waved his hand he did when he was calling someone silly. “Of course, silly. I know you’re more in touch with your femininity than Haruhi is. So I want out and bought somethings you might need.”
*Sweatdropping* “B-But Ojisan.... Wait. You went through my stuff to find the dress Kyoya gave me, didn’t you?!”
He blushed and smiled embarrassed. “OJISAN!!!”
“But Hisoka, you’ll love what I got you!”
I shook my head at him. “Alright. Well, goodnight, Ojisan.”
“Goodnight, Hisoka.”
And with that, I went off to bed.
----------------------
Finally it was Friday and I couldn’t calm down the butterflies in my stomach. The day flew by in a blur. I grabbed my bag when the school bell rung, marking the end of the day. Getting out of my chair I headed for the door. As I was walking through the garden, someone placed their hand on my shoulder. I turned in surprise and saw Kyoya.
I gave him a small glare. “You know how much I don’t like it when you do that.”
“All the more reason to do it.”
We stood there for a few silent moments as several of his fan girls congregated several feet away to watch us. “Is there something you would like to talk to me about, Kyoya-kun?”
“Yes. Tamaki has agreed to cancel today’s session of Host Club. And I will be by you home at 6:00 to pick you up for tonight, Hisoka-chan.”
“Thank you, Kyoya-kun. I will see you tonight.”
He nodded then walked away. Suddenly I was swarmed by fangirls. They were asking me all sorts of questions. ‘You’re going on a date with Kyoya-kun?’ ‘Why?’ ‘Where are you going?’ ‘Why you? He’s mine!’
I ducked out of the swarm of yelling fan girls and headed out to try to find my cousin. I found her near the entrance to the maze. She saw me and we headed towards home.
Walking home usually took an hour. But I was impatient to get ready since I had no idea what to do. Speed walking got me home in 45 minutes instead. The entire walk home, Haruhi kept asking why I was walking so fast. Yeah, I didn’t tell her about where I was going because I knew she would go crazy.
I ran up to the apartment and went inside. I looked at the clock and saw I had just under an hour to get ready. I gave a brief hello to Ranka and headed to bathroom. There I got undressed and took a shower. I shaved and washed my hair.
As soon as I was done with my shower, I put on my robe and put in my contacts. I opened the door and was met with an angry Haruhi. It seems that Ranka told her. “Hisoka, why didn’t you tell me?”
I pushed past her. “Because I knew you would freak out over nothing.”
I went to our room and put on some underwear, throwing my robe back on. I headed to Ranka’s room where he promised to help me with my hair and make-up. He already had everything set up and had me sit on the futon. “Alright, Hisoka. Let’s get started.”
So I sat allowed Ranka to work on my make-up. Haruhi joined us in the room and paced the entire time. She’s occasionally say something about how it wasn’t a good idea for me to go with Kyoya. “Why, Haruhi? Kyoya is respectable and he sees me as nothing more than a business partner and perhaps a friend.”
This seemed to shut her up. Though that didn’t mean she stopped pacing. At about 5:50 Ranka finished with my hair and make-up. And honestly, I was surprised at how well he did it. My make-up was natural colors, only because finding a make-up color scheme that worked for two different colored eyes, that didn’t look weird was a real bitch. My lipstick was a lovely light maroon color.
He let my hair air-dry, letting it curl slightly. He gave me a half-up-half-down hairstyle. I wasn’t too happy about the fact that I couldn’t hide my mismatched eyes. But it was still pretty. He pinned my hair up with two rose clips.
“Wow, Ojisan. You did an amazing job!”
“Thank you, Hisoka. Now you go ahead and get dressed.”
“Thanks.”
I got up and headed for the room Haruhi and I share. There I unpacked the dress and began putting it on. I had the zipper halfway up before I called out, “Haruhi! I need some help.”
Just as she entered the room, the doorbell rang. Damn it! Haruhi quickly slide the door closed after her and zipped me up. I quickly put on my jewelry and placed my wrap on my shoulders. I heard Ranka open the door and say, “Oh, hello, Kyoya-san! You look great. Hisoka will be out any minute!”
I grabbed my clutch and shoes as Haruhi opened the door. I gave myself one glance in the mirror and was satisfied. Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/hisokas_business_party_outfit/set?id=131555489
Suddenly I felt really nervous. I looked around the corner of the door and my eyes widen. Ranka and Haruhi were standing with Kyoya as they talked. Kyoya was dressed in a suit. The jacket and pants were black. His shirt was white and his tie was a purple similar to my dress. And when he turned slightly in my direction, I saw that he had a grey vest on. He looked... very nice.
His eyes glanced up in my direction and I stepped out of the room. “Hello, Kyoya-kun.”
He looked me up and down and involuntarily wetted his lips. “Hisoka-chan, you... y-you look very lady-like.”
When he paused, I knew he wanted to say something else. But that would have been inappropriate considering our relationship. Not to mention the company we were with. I walked towards him and slipped my shoes on when I reached him. He offered his hand to me and I took it.
Then there was a flash of light and I was momentarily blinded by Ranka taking a picture of us. “Oh, you two look so good together like this! Now, go on! Have some fun!”
And with that Ranka pushed us out the door, closing it soon after. I stumbled a bit but Kyoya caught me by the shoulders and quickly righted me. “Come, Hisoka-chan. Everyone is waiting in the car.”
I nodded and he led me down the stairs. There I was met by a limo and the door was opened for me by the driver. I got in and Kyoya took a seat next to me. Kyoya’s family was already in the car plus one man that I didn’t recognize.
I bowed as much as the sitting position allowed me. “Good evening, Oturi-sama.”
Mr. Oturi nodded to me. “Hello, Akiyama-san. I see that you are well.”
The car began to move. “Yes, sir.”
The car was silent for a few minutes until it made a hard right turn. I ended up sliding on the leather seat and into Kyoya. My face instantly burned red. Kyoya was my best friend but we never really touched each other besides shaking hands. And the times he carried me after my parents died, don’t count. But at the moment I was pressed up against him, the whole length of my body.
I embarrassedly scrambled away from him until there was at least a foot of space between us. I knew my face was red and everyone could see it. Damn it, why did I always get embarrassed around him? I glanced up to see Kyoya’s mother giving me a very strange look. Then I realized she wasn’t really looking at me, but at her son.
Glancing his way, I saw that he was as about as red as I was. Though his face remained as emotionless as ever. “Sorry, Kyoya-kun.”
“No need for apologizing.”
Akito cleared his throat and I looked at him. “Akiyama-san, I saw that you’re company has a new contract.”
“Yes, we do. We’re to begin ground breaking next month for a hotel in Nagasaki.”
“Hmm.” Akito crossed his legs at the ankle and looked me over.
There was something in gaze that greatly bothered me. I didn’t know what it was and it scared me a bit. I scooted closer to Kyoya, to make myself more comfortable. Akito gazed darkly at his brother.
“Hisoka-chan. What a lovely dress. Where did you get it,” inquired Fuyumi.
“I actually don’t know the designer or where it was bought from. It was a birthday present.”
I couldn’t help but glance at Kyoya. He wouldn’t meet my gaze. It almost hurt. Fuyumi saw this and said, “Oh, this is my husband.”
“For now, Akiyama-san, call me Shido-san.”
“Of course.”
Mr. Oturi was the next to speak. “Chairman Souh told me that you are working on an embezzling case for him in exchange for your education.” He paused long enough for me to nod. “Where have you gotten with it?”
“Well, I’ve finally made some lead way on it. Who ever has been doing this, is very good. For lack of a better term, I’d say that they are a ‘professional’. I started out considering all staff and teachers from all the schools at the academy. And all students from middle school and up.”
“Why even the students,” asked Mrs. Oturi.
“Because many students have the computer abilities to get onto the server. I have found that it isn’t a student, though. Thank goodness. I’ve narrowed it down to the high school. Later in the week I should be able to determine which year the embezzler teaches.”
Suddenly the car stopped and the door was opened. I got out of the car and my heart rate sparked in nervousness.