Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 2: Hisoka Akiyama, the Natural Type's Cousin

I continued to struggle until those guys were forcefully taken off of me. Ojisan grabbed one of the guys and a tall guy grabbed the other two. As soon as they were off me, I yelled, “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR??”

Haruhi came over and helped me get up. I brushed off the dirt on my clothes as Haruhi turned towards the group, giving them the death glare. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? WHY COULDN’T YOU STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS? WHO’S IDEA WAS THIS?”

Everyone in the group glanced at the blonde guy in the middle nervously. “SENPAI!!!!”

My cousin was seething *evil black aura*. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she looked back at me calmly. She took a deep breath then looked back at the group of boys standing in front of us. They were all looking at the ground shamefully except one. He was turned away with his nose in a black notebook.

“Haruhi, are these your friends that you told me about?”

Suddenly the blonde in the middle jumped up *cue sparkles and rose petals*. With a flourish of his hand while taking a bow he greeted me. “Good afternoon, princess. I am Tamaki Suoh, the king of the Ouran High School Host Club. And on behalf of the club, I would like to ask for forgiveness for our rude introduction.”

Tamaki proceeded to take my hand and kiss it. I pulled my hand away quickly and yanked the sleeve of my sweater down over my hand. He looked up at me with a look of absolute surprise. “Yeah... um I don’t like being touched. Especially by people I don’t know.”

Haruhi then stepped forward and pushed Tamaki away. “Everyone, this is my cousin. Hisoka Akiyama.”
For a moment I thought I was seeing double. Two boys, twins if I had to guess, started circling me as they said in unison, “Are you sure this is your cousin, Haruhi? You don’t really look anything alike.”

The twins put their arms on my shoulders as they looked down at me. Thankfully, Ojisan Ranka spoke first, “Kaoru, Hikaru, of course Hisoka is my niece. They look different because Haruhi took after her mother. And Hisoka took after her father rather than my sister.”

The twins then started taking a closer look at me and tightened their grips on my shoulders. The one on my left said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Hisoka-chan. I’m Kaoru--“

Then the one on my right said, “--and I’m Hikaru. We’re going to have so much fun this summer, just the three of us.”

They both gave me devilish smiles and seemed to go beyond the idea of invading my personal space as they leered at me. To be honest, I panicked a bit from their closeness. I stomped on the toes of Kaoru, I think. And elbowed the stomach of the other twin. Both stumbled over and yelped in pain. I stepped away from them and stood next to my uncle.

I turned back towards the rest of the group just I saw a small blonde boy flying towards me through the air, giggling. I just about hid behind Ranka before the little boy was grabbed in the middle of his flying arc by the scruff of his shirt. The one holding him was obscenely tall and had the best poker face I had ever seen. The little boy turned towards the big guy and asked, “Takashi? Please, can’t I say hi?”

Haruhi stepped forward as the big guy put him down. “Hisoka, this is Honey-senpai.” She turned to look at me and I nodded. “Alright, now you can hug her.”

Once again the little boy launched himself at me but this time I was ready and was able to catch him. He hugged me tightly as he spouted out how much fun we were going to have and how much cake we were going to eat. After five awkward minutes of this he jumped off of me. Honey went over to the tall guy and climbed up on his shoulders saying, “And this is my cousin, Mori, Hisoka-chan.”

Mori gave me a short bow and grunted. I returned the bow. Then I realized that there was one more person that I had yet to be introduced to. The guy with the book. I made my way over to him and looked up at him. He only then realized I was there when I cleared my throat. He looked me up and down with calculating grey eyes.

As he pushed his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose, he said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you Hisoka-san. I’m Kyoya Oturi.”

We shook hands. “It’s nice to meet you, too.”

From the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw the group look at me with a mix of astonishment and mild hesitation. Kyoya seemed to look at me more closely. “Fascinating. You’re the first person I have ever met with your type of physical mutation. And with such a strange coloration.”

I honestly didn’t know how to take that. Was it supposed to be insulting? A compliment? Or just simply stating the facts? Either way my cousin got my attention by tugging on my hand. I turned back to her as she said, “Alright, it was... nice seeing you guys again but I have to take Hisoka back home to unpack and rest from her journey.”

I started to help her load my two bags into the car as the guys piled into one limo. Before I got into the car I turned to the other car and waved at the boys as they drove away. Climbing into the back seat of the car I answered all the questions my uncle had about my trip and how my family was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For whatever reason I had always loved to live in the cozy environments of apartment complexes. For the most part. But just unpacking with Uncle Ranka proved to me that I would be spending as much time as I could out of the apartment when he was home. He was in all my stuff (which wasn’t much granted) looking it over or asking questions about them like as if they were some great mystery from another planet.

I was glad that I was sharing a room with Haruhi and not sleeping out in the living room. Her room seemed to be the only place that he kept out of most of the time.

Haruhi and I were making dinner when there was a knock on the door. Since Ranka was taking a shower I went to answer the door. There stood a man in a suit with gloves and a hat. He bowed slightly and inquired, “Is this the current residence of Hisoka Akiyama?”

“Yes. I am she.”
He pulled out a manila envelope and handed it to me. “My master spotted that you had forgotten this at the train station and wished for it to be returned to you. Evening, ma’am.”

He bowed once more and left. I stepped back into the apartment and shut the door. From the kitchen Haruhi called out, “What was that?”

“Nothing.”

I went to Haruhi’s room with the envelope and opened it. Pulling the object out I found that it was my brown notebook. I actually forgot it???

On the back there was a slip of paper attached to it. Opening the note it read:

‘Try not to lose it again. You may never know who’ll try to use your secrets against you.’

There was no name at the end. Just a purple outline of a rose.