Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 3: Whisked Away to the Lake House

The week that followed after my arrival seemed to follow into a predictable pattern: I’d wake up every morning at the crack of dawn; do some yoga. Shower then make breakfast. Give my opinion to Ranka on his outfit for the day. Clean with Haruhi. We’d go around town and shop or just hang out and do something fun. Then we’d head home, eat dinner and call it a night. Like I said, this only lasted for a little over a week.
One morning I slept in. To say I slept in, I mean I was asleep until 7:00 in the morning, I probably could have gotten away with 9:00 if I wasn’t so rudely awaken. I was woken up by the sound of knocking on the front door. Ranka wouldn’t get it because his snoring would over power the sound of it. And Haruhi grumbled in her sleep asking me to get it for her. Half-awake walking to the door I pulled my hair up and away from my face. I opened the front door and yawned, “Do you realize what time it is?”
My eyes grew large when I saw the host club in the doorway. They were all smiling until they focused on my mismatched eyes. There was a mix of gasps and ‘awes’. I rubbed my eyes and asked, “What are you guys doing here?”
Honey, I think, said, “My family just got a new lake house on Lake Ashi and I wanted everyone to come and see it. I wanted you and Haru-chan to come with because it wouldn’t be complete without you!”
With the mention of her name, Haruhi appeared in the doorway. She glared at the group. “You guys really couldn’t give me more than a week with my cousin alone.”
Honey jumped up and hugged her. “We’re sorry. But I couldn’t wait to see you. Besides the lake house will be fun!”
Haruhi groaned and hugged him back. “Fine. But Hisoka and I need to change.”
In unison the twins said, “No need. Our mother has a bunch of swimsuits and clothes already there for the both of you.”
*Both girls sweatdrop* “Girls, why are the boys here?”
We all turned towards Ranka as he stepped into the room. I replied first, “They want to take us to some lake house out on the Ashi Lake.”
He smiled. “Alright. But grab your bags and put on some shoes before you go.”
Haruhi and I headed back to her room and to grab my backpack and to put on some more appropriate clothes. Haruhi changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, while I changed into a purple tank top and black shorts, along with my green sweater. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and we headed out to meet the boys.
Despite the fact that I knew they all were rich, I was still surprised by the limo out from of the apartment building. Before I could think to turn around and run, the twins shoved me into the car. I landed with a thud with Haruhi on top of me. After some struggling we were able to get to seats and sit comfortably. Haruhi was on one side of me while Mori was on the other.
The first few minutes of the ride were passed in awkward silence. Tamaki broke that silence. “So, tell me Hisoka-san, how long will you be staying with Haruhi?”
“Pretty much the whole summer. But the rest of my family is staying in Tokyo for the last week of summer. It’s-- It’s going to be interesting with my mother considering her condition.”
Haruhi inquired, “What condition?”
I sighed. “Don’t tell Ranka, no matter what. He will flip! Well... I’m going to have another sibling.”
She broke out in a smile and hugged me. “Oh, wow. I bet you’re excited.”
“Um, nervous actually.”
One of the twins, Hikaru I think, asked, “What do you have for family?”
“I have a younger brother, Yoichi. He’s about 10 years old. Then there’s my parent’s and that’s it.”
“Your father runs the Akiyama Tatemono Construction company, yes?”
I jumped slightly at Kyoya’s voice but he didn’t look up at me. “Yes, he does. He’s starting to train me. Um, how do you know this?”
Kaoru (maybe) said, “Don’t question it,---“
His twin then said, “--- he knows everything.”
Kyoya gave them a darkly amused smirk. “Actually, I was curious because my family has recently hired Akiyama-san to build hospitals in the Okayama area. As I understand it your father has a very interesting way of how he designs and builds.”
I nodded. “I thought your name sounded familiar. And you are correct in that my father has an unique way of running everything. Military precision because he spent 15 years in the military. And his unique style is because of the fact that we have been all over the world for his military career.”
Kyoya was about to open his mouth to ask another question, but the car finally stopped. Honey was the first to get out and was giggling the whole way. As soon as I stepped out of the car, my jaw dropped. This wasn’t a lake house, this was a small Shinto-like palace over looking the lake at the base of Mt. Fuji.
Haruhi took my hand and dragged me inside. The moment we were inside, the twins gave us some devilish looks and half-dragged, half-carried us to a room full of swimsuits and other clothes. They cornered us in a corner of the room and seemed to get closer and closer until there was so way we could get away without one of them catching us.
They both took a bow and the one on the left, (Kaoru?) said, “First we’ll show you the swimsuit we picked out for Haruhi from our mother’s current summer selection.”
One twin held up a pretty red two piece swimsuit with a ruffly top and a high waist bottom. For a moment I thought I saw Haruhi blush out of the corner of my eye. The other twin then said, “Now, Hisoka was a little harder to pick out for since we’ve only seen you once. And you were wearing that baggy sweater.”
Before I could fight back, Hikaru took my sweater off me and threw it on a chair. I felt naked under their scrutinizing eyes, so I covered my chest with my arms. I wasn’t flat like Haruhi, but I also wasn’t huge. But the tank top I wore wasn’t something that covered everything very well. I felt naked.
The twins looked at each other and gave each other some satisfied smiles and nodded. Then Kaoru gave Haruhi her swimsuit and dragged her to a different room and pushed her inside and locked the door, so she would change. The other one took my hand almost too gently and stood me in front of a mirror.
The twins stood behind me and looked me over. Hikaru said, “Well, the one we originally had in mind won’t work for you.”
“So, we have something else in mind.”
They grabbed me by the shoulders and spun me around and showed me a rather pretty swimsuit. It was a one piece swimsuit with a retro look to it, kinda like the swimsuits from the fifties. It was black with a subtle rose and vine design on it. It was a halter top but the material at the bottom would hug the skin almost like a really short skirt.
“Well?”
“How do you like it?”
I swallowed. “I actually like it.”
In unison they said, “Then go put it on.”
They led me to a different changing room with the swimsuit and left me to change on my own. I changed and looked at myself in the mirror. ‘Not bad.’
I got out of the room and was greeted with a couple of appreciative whistles from the twins. In unison they said, “Wow, Hisoka-chan. You look amazing.”
I blush. “Thanks.”
Haruhi was standing by the door and gave me the thumbs up. I joined her and we headed out to meet the rest of the boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Don’t know how but this was originally suppose to be a filler chapter and it ended up being one of the longer ones. Some of the information mentioned in this may seem unimportant right now, but later on it will tie everything together