Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 6: The Oturi House

~~~ Third Person P.O.V.~~~

Kyoya had just left Hisoka alone to change. When he brought her in he was on autopilot. Not really thinking about it, he took her to his room instead of a guest room. And to add insult to injury he offered her one of his old shirts. He never did anything like that for anyone. He justified his actions via tiredness. But that seemed to be a lie. Even to himself.

He left her to change and went to the common area to find a maid to take the soaked clothes she had been wearing. He entered the room to find his family sitting round doing their own things. His father was reading the paper. His mother was reading her own book. His brothers were watching a movie while his sister was organizing the bookshelf.

No one looked up at him as he entered the room. Fuyumi (his sister) probably would have if it wasn’t for the fact that he was silent. He scanned the room and spotted a maid cleaning the already spotless mantle. He walked towards her and she gave him a bow, asking, “What may I do for you, sir?”

“A young lady shall be staying for the night. She was caught out in the storm and will need her clothes washed and dried by tomorrow morning.”

“Of course, sir. Which room is she staying in?”

“Mine.”

The moment the words flew out his mouth, he blushed. He wasn’t thinking and it made him sound like Tamaki. From the couch, the movie was paused. The maid took that as her cue to leave and bowed out. The moment she was gone, Yuuichi (Kyoya’s oldest brother) inquired, “What is this about a girl in your room?”

Kyoya turned around and his whole family was staring at him. “Hisoka-san is... a friend. I found her out in the storm and I knew she had a rough day so I took initiative and brought her here to stay the night.”

“Why your room,” asked Akito, Kyoya’s other older brother.

“Knowing her, she would freak out unless she knew she was somewhere that was even slightly familiar. Hence a place like my room with my personal items that she has seen would allow her to calm down.”

Mr. Oturi placed his paper on the side table and asked his son, “Who is this girl?”

“Akiyama Hisoka, sir.”

Next his mother asked, “Akiyama? Daughter of Isamu Akiyama?”

“Yes.”

She gave her son a hard look. “What is that girl doing here in Tokyo and not with her father, learning business?”

“She is visiting her cousin. And I would say it was a good thing that she was here and not with her family yesterday.”

His sister asked, “Why’s that?”

Kyoya raised an eyebrow. “Have you not heard? Akiyama-san, his wife, and his son were killed in their home, yesterday.”

With Fuyumi being the kind soul that she was, she gasped and made remarks about the poor girl. No one else in the room seemed phased by the announcement of their deaths. Mr. Oturi asked, “Will the girl take over the company?”

“I’d imagine so. Though today, she found out about her family’s passing. I highly doubt she has been thinking about the future of the company. Now, if you’ll excuse me. I have to go check on her.”

Mr. Oturi nodded his head and gave Kyoya leave. Kyoya quickly turned his heels and headed back to his room. He entered the room quietly. To his surprise Hisoka was fast asleep in his bed with the covers pulled tightly around her. Kyoya looked around the room and her clothes were nowhere to be seen. The maid had already picked up her clothes.

Kyoya planned on being a gentleman and let her sleep in the bed. He’d sleep at his desk again. He usually fell asleep at his desk during school because of homework and balancing the club’s budget. He changed into some pajamas and sat at his desk.

The youngest Oturi spent maybe an hour working in his notebook before Hisoka started crying in her sleep. At first he didn’t think much of it. Until she starting making shaking sounds between sobs. He got up and sat down on the side of the bed. That’s when he saw her still asleep but she was shivering.
He stroked her hair and let his hand touch her skin. It was ice cold. She was still freezing and was probably was having a nightmare. So, he did the one thing he could think of to help her.

-----------------

Back in the common room

Kyoya just left the room, leaving his family to their discussions in private. As soon has her son was out of earshot, Mrs. Oturi asked, “Do you remember meeting the girl when you met with Akiyama-san?”

“No, I did not meet her. But her father talked of her constantly and proudly.”

“Do you think she is worth staying involved with?”

“If she’s as smart and as talented as her father claimed to be, then yes.”

Fuyumi had enough of this. It was bad enough that the poor girl just lost her parents. But couldn’t her parents have the decency to not talk about her like she was just another business nuisance while she was in the house. Fuyumi stopped in her tracks when Akito said, “If I remember correctly, Akiyama Hisoka-san is related to the Fujiyoka girl in the Host club.”

‘Of course!’ Fuyumi thought to herself. That was why he was taking care of the girl. Kyoya wanted a favor from Haruhi at some point. Fuyumi finally left the room and went to her own bedroom.

There, she changed into a nightgown and read a book in her bed. Fuyumi looked up at her clock and saw that it was 1:00 in the morning. She still wasn’t tired, so she decided to check in on her brother. Once she reached his door, she knocked very gently on it. No answer. Being her nosey self she opened it anyways.

Fuyumi gasped in surprise. It looked to her that she was wrong about her brother’s intentions. He wasn’t helping her to get on her cousin’s good side. There in his bed, she saw her little brother fast asleep with his arms wrapped tightly around the pretty sleeping girl. Her back was to his chest and they were both under the covers. And their faces were serene.

More serene than what Futumi thought her brother was capable of in his sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS CHAPTER WILL BE TOLD ENTIRELY FROM THIRD PERSON AND MAY SEEM BORING AT TIMES. BUT THE END SHOULD PROVE INTERESTING FOR YOU MY READERS. LIKE ALWAYS PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS. ESPECIALLY QUESTIONS AND WHAT I CAN DO BETTER IN THE FUTURE!