Status: Please message me if you guys feel like I’m starting to write characters OCish. Also I would like some constructive feedback on how my writing it. What do you like about it? What do you think I can improve?

Lonely Souls

Chapter 8: A Deal with the Chairman

The next few weeks were like hell on earth for me. It was nothing but legal issues, asserting myself over the business, selling the house in Okayama, and the funeral. The funeral was probably the hardest. Everyone I ever knew tried to comfort me during. But honestly, I didn’t want sympathy. I wanted... I didn’t know what I wanted.
I’ll spare you all the boring about bits about the business. But it was a dogfight trying to making it known that I was not some passive pushover of a kid. I had to fight for my position in some cases. Some of the managers accepted me as their boss. Others; not so much. But I did win all their loyalty.
I moved in with my uncle and cousin. It was weird at first. But it became comfortable after a while. Of course, it didn’t help that the Host Club insisted upon helping me move in my five boxes. Besides clothes, I really didn’t move in that many things from my old life. The things I couldn’t sell, but still couldn’t move into the small apartment with me were put in a storage unit.
When I wasn’t dealing with business or sleeping, I somehow managed to hang out with my cousin and the Host Club. And every time I hung out with them, most of them acted weird around me. Except maybe Kyoya. While everyone tried to tip-toe around me, especially Tamaki and the twins, Kyoya didn’t try to accommodate me. It was refreshing.
Though the talk about school finally came up. Ranka and were the only one’s at home when he asked me if I wanted to go to public or try to get into Ouran. I wanted to go to Ouran. It would be good for me to develop some business contacts and it was supposed to be a good. Not to mention the fact that I would be going to a new school for once and actually know someone. I was tired of being the new kid and not knowing anyone.
So Ranka set up a meeting with the chairman for me. The next day I sat in the office of Chairman Souh in a dark red dress, waiting for him. When he entered the room he took my hand and kissed it. He was smiling at first but he lost a bit of the smile when I didn’t react the way he wanted me to. ‘Hmm. Guess I now know where Tamaki gets it from.’
“Thank you for meeting me here today, Souh-san.”
He sat down on the other side of the desk from me. “It’s my pleasure, Akiyama-san. Now you wanted to discuss coming to Ouran Academy.”
“Yes, sir. As you are aware, I had just... inherited my father’s company. I would like to go a school where I can learn the finer points of business.”
“Hmm. Well, you’ll certainly find that here. And my condolences.”
“Thank you, sir.”
“Now, tell me. What year shall you be entering? Your transcript is a bit confusing considering the fact that you were taught on many different bases.”
“Third year, sir.”
“Ah, same year as my son. Going by your age, I would assume a second year.”
“Yes, well, my unique education has allowed me to go above and beyond the tests.”
“Well, you certainly have the grades and intelligence to get in here. As well as the recommendations. Now, onto the nitty-gritty. How will you fund your education?”
“That’s what I wanted to ask you about. How much for a year’s tuition?”
“For a third year? 1,000,000 yen.”
“I can’t afford that. Is there any scholarship I could get?”
“Before you came here, I checked to see if you qualified for any. Unfortunately, you don’t.”
I sighed in defeat. Chairman Souh grabbed my attention again. “But I came up with another way for you to pay for your education here.”
“Yes?”
“I’ve learned that you used to handle all of the company’s financials by yourself. Is that correct?”
“Yes, sir.” Where was this going?
“Someone has been embezzling from the school. I want you to find out who.”
“But, sir, aren’t there people, professionals, who can do this?”
“Yes. But they have yet to uncover who. I want a fresh perspective on this.”
“Alright, sir. I do it.”
“Good. I’ll see here at school next week then.”
I stood up and shook his hand. I was halfway across the room before I turned back to him. “Sir, who gave you their recommendation of me?”
“Well, some of the managers from your company. My son. And Yoshio Oturi.”
I was surprised. “Oturi-san recommended me?”
“Yes. He was very insistent upon it. You seem surprised.”
“Of course, sir. Our meeting was very... interesting.”
“Yes. He mentioned how it went. And was very impressed with you. He asked me to tell you that you can go to him for anything.”
“Umm, thank you sir. I shall see you next week then.”
“Farewell, Akiyama-san.”
I bowed and left his office. Now, all I needed to do was get some school supplies and the school uniform.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS IS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE A SHORT CHAPTER. IT’S KINDA A FILLER, BUT NOT. IT’S ACTUALLY A BIT BORING BUT STILL IMPORTANT.