Status: A quickie for a contest.

Love Fool

1/3

"We need to get you out there man." Peter slapped my back as I downed another shot. There's no way I can get drunk alone nowadays. Especially since Evelyn left me yesterday. It's tough knowing that when I go home none of her stuff will be around anymore.

"I don't wanna get out there. Let me have my pity party," I mumbled. The bar wasn't as lively like it normally is but it sure as hell wasn't peacefully quiet. "Why should I move on now? It's been less than 24 hours."

Pete slapped my back again. "That's perfect timing!" He waved his hand at the bartender again and got another glass of whiskey. "Seriously, let me hook you up. I can make this entire thing better."

I shook my head downing another shot. I had lined up. 3 down, 4 more to go. "I don't know man, I don't feel like a prostitute would make things any better."

Pete slammed his hand down on the table. "Jasper! These ladies are professional. They're not just any prostitutes on the streets. It's all in the quality, Trust me, you'll love it!" Pete's half drunken attire lazily slugged one arm over my shoulders.

I shook my head and wiggled out of his grasp. "You're taking a cab home."

Pete glared at me. "And you're gonna get laid tonight." My best friend grabbed his phone out of the pocket and punched in a few buttons. He put the hand to his ear. I suppose he's calling a cab for us tonight. I'm ready to go anyways, the other shots can waste. "Yea, I'd like your finest redhead sent to 4543 Tara Dr.-" My eyes jumped out of my skull. I reached for the phone attempting to yank it out of his hands. For a drunk guy, Pete is quick on his little feet.

"Peter!"I growled. He held me back with one hand and continued to talk on the phone.

"Oh, what?- No, not for me. A friend of mine just got dumped.- Yea, whatever- okay, okay, he'll pay upfront at the door, whatever. Sure. Yea. No problem." He got off the phone and stuffed it back in his pocket.

"I can't believe you just did that."

Pete put his hands on his hips like a sassy lady. "Well, believe it honey." He would make the perfect drag queen, honestly.

I rolled my eyes and took another shot. There's no backing out of this now. "I don't even want to do this- why should I have to pay for a fucking prostitute?"

"Because I'm broke as fuck," my friend said inanely as he drank another glass of whiskey. I groaned and quickly gulped down my last 2 shots. I started to feel the world spinning, that perfect feeling I was longing to feel for the 2nd night in a row.

Image

There was a knock at my door around 5 am. I was sobering up enough to know how to walk, but everything was still blurry, like I couldn't see straight. I kept closing my eyes and opening them as I stumbled to the door. I'll get this shit over with and go back to my wallowing. No hooker is gonna be able to fill the whole Evelyn left.

"Jasper, right?" The girl asked. I'll admit, she's gorgeous but that doesn't mean I love her. Her voice floated through my ears and danced around in my brain like a lovely melody. "I'm Phoebe." I stepped back, not saying a word. She allowed herself in with a smirk on her face. Her little piercing looked like a bug bite compared to the ones I had. It suited her face though. It's cute. She was sitting on my couch, her shirt hanging loosely around her collar bones. I sat down next to her. "So what do you like," she smirked at me. I smiled and shook my head.

I raised my hand to her and looked down. "Look, this isn't necessary lady-"

"It's Phoebe," she said in monotone.

"Phoebe. Right." I was taken aback slightly. "I can just give you the money and say you slept with me."

The girl laughed. "No. That's not just it, isn't it? You need someone." I stared at her. She's a prostitute, why on earth would she care? Isn't her job just to bring home cash?

"Why do you care?"

Phoebe rolled her eyes. "You men think that because someone has a different sexual agenda than you then they automatically don't care about anything else. I can see right on your face something is wrong. We don't need to have sex, we could just talk if that's what you want. All in all, I won't have to go home." I stared at her and blinked twice.

She makes it seem like going home is a terrible thing. What's happening there? "Well-" Am I really gonna open up to a hooker about my life problems? Yes. Yes I am. Pete doesn't seem to give a shit enough and he's the only person I can call friend. "My girlfriend left me yesterday." My voice started to feel like it was going to give out. I tensed up a little.

"Go on." Phoebe rested her chin on her fist; leaning forward on her knee.

I laughed and averted her gaze. "This is ridiculous." I rubbed my temples, wishing I could see a little more clearer. "This is crazy. I'm talking about my feelings to a hooker."

"Everything is crazy nowadays, babe." Phoebe smirked. "So this girlfriend of yours. What was she like?"

I looked up at her. "She was perfect. Well, at least she was when it all started. I don't wanna talk about her."

"Then what exactly do you want? Because it's obvious you don't want me to leave."

I shrugged and sighed. It feels like I've been doing that a lot lately. "I'm not sure. Sorry, my head's fucked up right now." Phoebe stood up and sat on my lap. "What are you-"

"Just hush." Her lips came down on to mine. It was intoxicating, especially since there was a little alcohol in my system. I instinctively stood up, grabbing her ass as I stood. We never broke the kiss as we clumsily made it up the stairs. I sat us down on my bed and she let go of my lips and giggled as I fumbled to slip my shirt off. I knew right then and there I was in for a joy ride.

Image

I kissed Phoebe one last time and she turned for the door, an adorable smile on her face. I'm completely sober now and finally I can take in all the beauty that she is. "I'll call tomorrow," I smirked. She giggled and walked out of my house. I shut the door and grinned. Instantly, I dashed back upstairs for my phone. I called Pete.

"It's like 10 am, why the fuck are you up so early?!" He groaned on the other line. His voice was dripping with the hangover he's probably suffering. I chuckled at my friend.

"I never slept. Dude, thank you so much. That call you made was the best thing you've ever done for me." I plopped down tiredly on the couch, ready to fall asleep.

There was silence then rustling. "I'm glad our friendship is built on top of me calling a prostitute. Did you actually fuck her, or did you do that lame thing and just give her money as soon as she walked in the door so she can walk out?"

"We talked for a while; and honestly that was my first offer. She didn't take it."

Pete's voice sounded to get more intrigued. "What do you mean she didn't take it? All those girls care about is money. It's how their business works."

I shrugged, then mentally cursed myself because he couldn't see me. "I don't know man. We talked for a while and then we fucked. But it was more than that. She actually wanted me to vent out, and let my emotions out. She cared."

Pete laughed. "You're such a pussy."

"Shut the fuck up," I snapped. Pete groaned again in the midsts of his laughter.

"What, you're falling for her now? Damn, I already told you you fall in the river too quickly. Stick your toes in first, shit." I groaned at him.

"Shut up man, it's not like that."

Pete laughed. "Whatever."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of those stories that's been sitting in the back of my head forever but I never had the chance to actually write it. Now I have a reason! HUZZAH!