Status: - Being Written -

Poisoned Edge

Opportunity

Image
He weaved in front of her expertly, twirling his spear around like it weighed nothing. She followed, spinning her small daggers like much like children would twirl twigs. She knew she was proficient with them, she had to use the from time to time on customers who thought they could get it for free.

He took a moment to admire her footwork, it seemed she must have watched knight's before at a joust or tourney, she knew the right places to stand and when to move. Her eye's were sharp and ever watchful for his next spear thrust, her dodges were impeccable. They had been at this dance for more than twenty minutes and she wasn't showing any signs of being tired.

Oberyn brought down his spear with speed, she jumped out of the way quickly and circled around him. He twirled the spear around himself, making her jump to escape the shaft from hitting her legs. She landed on her feet, her hands darting out with her daggers. His spear was back, blocking her every move. Much to her surprise, the man was smiling – as though this was all a game to him and that his life was not at risk.

Her thought's caused her to hesitate and not notice the spear spinning again, knocking her feet from under her and sending her sprawling on the hard ground. It stung, but as the man leaned over her smiling, she forgot about the pain.

“You have won Mi'Lord.” She stated. He nodded.

“No, You have.” He replied, offering a hand to pull her up – She accepted with a look of apprehension on her face. She ended up on her butt, how could she have won anything? If this had been a proper fight, she would have been dead by now.

“I don't understand.” The girl answered, watching as the man beckoned another lady over. It was the lady that had walked into the garden before, the beautiful one. She felt her envy grow as she placed an arm around the man's waist.

“What is your name girl?” The man questioned, locking eyes with her.

“Rosa Hill”

The man seemed deep in thought, turning to face the woman draped around his waist. They shared a conversation without words. Rosa sheathed her daggers back into their holster's – One on her leg, the other on her arm, she doubted she'd need them again right now.

The man turned back to her, his eye's giving her the once over.

“How would you feel about coming to serve me? It wouldn't be in the conventional aspects, for all intensive purposes you'd actually be serving someone close to me.” His voice had taken a serious tone, his eye's searching her's.

“Would I be required to bed someone?” Rosa countered. She did not want to be a whore for the rest of her life, if he said no – This was her chance to escape the life she'd been handed. The man laughed softly, as did the woman beside him.

“Well, Not unless they asked you to of course...But your job would be more, protecting them.”

Rosa frowned.

“But you beat me.”

“Yes, but with more training I believe you'd be more than adequate for the position. Do you accept?”

Rosa looked around her garden, the one she had stood in ever since she had turned three and ten. It was here that she learned that life could become better, but only if you were born into the right family. Now a mysterious man was here, offering her a chance to get away from all of this. There was no denying that accepting the man's offer could just turn into some fresh hell, but the alternative was no better. Go with the mysterious man, or stay here and tend her garden of envy?

“Who will I be protecting Mi'Lord?”

The man smirked, “One of my daughters.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There's your next segment. Sorry it took so long to post, I got wrapped up in writing like, the 11th segment of this story, ahaha. I'm way ahead on this :P