Status: Thanks for reading please review.

Traped by Memories

The First Day of Catherine's New School

Catherine's POV
( beep beep beep beep beep)
"Ugh, why must this school start so early in the morning?" I rolled out of bed and turned off the alarm them started toget ready for my first day of school. Since my Dad travels a lot my family moves with him, this is my third school this year. Dad said that we will moving to a different location in a few months. So that means if I make friends here I'll have to give them up shortly like the rest of my friends. I'm returning to the tenth grade in the middle of the school year in Domino city. My Dad tries to stay long enough for me to make friends but that never quite works out for me. I picked up my uniform with disgust realizing how short the skirts at this school were. I guess I'll have to "fix" this uniform after school. Me being the rebel I am wore leggings even though it's maybe 75 outside. I walked in the kitchen after getting dressed and saw my Mom making breakfast, something rare in our household. "Good morning Catherine, I made you a breakfast burrito." "Thanks." I replied. I ate the burrito as Mom stared at my leggings. " It's warm outside, are you sure you want to ware those?" "Yes, I refuse to walk around in a revealing skirt without these on. Bye Mom." I walked out the door as she replied "Have a good first day." "Thanks."
...
I walked though the huge clear doors of the school. The principal was waiting for me along with another student. "Hello, Catherine nice to see you, this is Tea, she will be your guide since you are in the same classes." The principal said. "Thank you for giving me a guide sir, this school is rather large. Thank you Tea for agreeing to help me around." "You're welcome, I'd be glad to have a new friend to show around, class is starting soon so we should go." We talked until we found the classroom. She talked about introducing me to her friends Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Bakura. As we walked into the classroom I noticed a group of friends looking at Tea and I. The shortest one had spiky hair which I guessed was Yugi, since Tea said that he had spiky hair. The teacher introduced me to the class and I sat down next to Tea's friends. Tea introduced me to her friends. " Yugi this is Catherine." "Nice to meet you." "You also Catherine." " this is Joey, Tristan, and Bakura." "Nice to meet you." "You too" they replied. I am surrounded by boys in this class. Yugi sits in front of me, Bakura sits on my left, Joey on my right, Tristan is behind me, and Tea is sitting diagonally on the right. As class started I thought of whether I should make these people my friends considering that we will leave in a few months. Those thoughts were interrupted when I was tapped on the shoulder by Bakura. "Sorry to disturb you but I didn't properly introduce myself earlier. Hi I'm Ryou Bakura, you can call me Ryou." "Nice to meet you, I'm Catherine." School continued normally until lunch. Our group sat at a table while Tea asked me questions about my interest and where I've lived. "I lived in Japan for ten years, I moved from Washington when I was five, so I don't remember much about America. My Dad always moved around with job so we never settled down anywhere." " So how long are you staying here?" Asked Tristan. "For a few months depending on my Dad's job." "Have you heard of duel monsters Catherine?" Yugi asked. "I've heard of it but I've never played, have you?" "My grandpa actually owns a game shop that sells the cards." "We should go sometime, I'm sure you'd like to see my Grandpa's rare cards." "That sounds like a blast." "By the way here's my number so we can keep in touch after school." I passed five pieces of paper that had my number around. When classes started again I was lost in thought again. I've decided that I should at least give being friends a chance.
...
After school ended I walked home with my new friends, it turns out that I live close to Ryou and Tea. When I got to my house I waved goodbye. Inside I was surprised to see my dad, who was normally at work for a few more hours. "Welcome home, how was school?" Dad asked. "Great, I have five new friends so far and they seem really nice." I'm glad to hear you say that, We're staying here for awhile or at least more than the expected time." I was finally able to have real friends because when my Dad says for a while it really means for a year or more. I can't wait and tell my friends. I did my homework and got out the sewing machine, fabric, and my skirt. When I lengthened my skirt to an appropriate length I put the things away and got ready for bed and finally got some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about this not being about Bakura and Catherine so much but they will become good friends soon, very soon.