Guilt

2

Erik wakes up with Samuel twisted around his body, their legs tangled together and Samuel's breath warm on Erik's chest. Erik doesn't move, afraid to wake Samuel even though he knew it would take more than that to wake Samuel from such a deep sleep.

“You're stupid,” Samuel had said in between kisses on Erik's hands.

“I know,” Erik whispered. Samuel slid his hands under his coat and Erik shrugged it off, letting it fall onto the floor. He gently put a hand on Samuel's neck and kissed him, slow and gentle. Samuel leaned in, put his hands on Erik's waist. Erik had reveled in the feeling of being there with Samuel, having him be the one comforting him rather than Erik trying in vain to comfort Samuel for things he couldn't.

It had been a long time since they'd had that kind of intimacy, more than just a quick fuck in the back of Erik's car or a quiet blow in Samuel's room before school. This time, they fought to get closer to each other, to have as much skin touching as possible, and nothing else mattered.

Samuel makes a small noise and shifts a little, and Erik doesn't dare breathe so that Samuel can get back to sleep. Instead, he stretches up and kisses Erik's chin.

“Oh wow. I've got a stray Erik in my bed.” Samuel stretches out and yawns, untangling himself from Erik, who also takes the opportunity to get the stiffness out of his limbs.

Erik smiles, but it's somewhat insincere. “Sorry, I didn't –“

Samuel groans loudly, making Erik blush. “If you're saying sorry one more time, I'm punching you in the dick. Cause really, you've gotta believe I want you around by now. I mean, I don't even know what else I can do to convince you.”

Erik throws his arm across Samuel's chest and pulls him closer. “So everything's okay now? You've forgiven me?” he says meekly.

“Forgiven you?” Samuel kisses Erik's nose. “I did that when I noticed how hot you grew up to be.”

“Seriously, Samuel.”

Samuel sits up and straddles Erik, a position that he's all too fond of. “I mean, it took a while, but I can't fall in love with someone I'm holding a grudge against. I don't really do the grudge thing either. Takes too much time out of sleeping. And sex,” he adds thoughtfully. He sounds serious enough, but Erik can't bring himself to fully trust him, because he has never fully trusted Samuel, and Samuel would do well to never fully trust Erik, either.

“Okay,” Erik says. “Everything's okay.”