Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

Future

Your Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

The Future

"You can see me?!"

"Um, yes?" Alex answered slowly, trying to slow his erratic heart. There was a strange girl that had been following him for God knows how long. He found that just a little creepy. "Why exactly are you following me? Never mind, I don't think I want to know. But could you not, like, do that anymore?"

Alex gave her a second to answer, not like it was a yes or no question, but she was completely silent and looked bewildered. Completely freaked now, the teen boy turned around and walked down the street quickly, trying to not look like he was running away. New York sure had some freaks.

He cocked his head over his shoulder to give the girl one last look, only to find out that she wasn't there anymore. Alex didn't know if that was a good thing, or a bad thing.

"Sorry for that, I was just shocked you could, well, see me," came a feminine voice from in front of Alex, making him whip around in that direction. He successfully silenced the girly scream that wanted to voice itself.

"Holy- how the hell did you get in front of me?!"

Acting as if she hadn't heard her charge's question, Dawn continued on. "This is quite strange, a human has never seen one of us before. Interesting indeed, the Elders will want to know about this."

"What? What are you talking about?! You know what, I don't even want to know. So, seriously, don't follow me anymore."

Dawn watched with a cocked head as her charged hurried away, not even hiding the fact he was speed walking. The Muse bit her lip.

"That probably wasn't the best way to handle that."

Alex slammed the door behind him after he had made it into the safety of his home. Stuff like that didn't happen every day, and he wished it hadn't happened to him. His friends were totally going to make fun of him when they told them all.

"Alex, is that you?" the familiar voice of Alex's mother asked, her voice seeming to come from the kitchen.

"Y-yeah," he tried, then said it once again clearer.

"Dinner's almost ready."

"Okay, just let me put my bass away!"

And like the mind of most boys and men, Alex forgot the event that had occurred only minutes ago as he raced into his room. But soon, he figured out that it wouldn't be that easy to forget.

"You have a really nice room," Dawn voiced once he entered the room, not looking at him but at the surroundings around her.

"I-how-"

"If you would have let me explained before, you wouldn't be as confused."

Alex didn't know if it was just his mind going completely blank, or the fact that he was going crazy, that made him listen to her as she tried to explain who, and what, she was and why she was here.

"Now, first off, I'm sorry I scared you. I've never been seen before. Heard, yes, that's common, but never seen. So I was shocked myself. To be blunt, I'm your Muse Alex, sent to you because you are destined to do something great in your future."

Alex figured out that it was really his mind going blank, because once she had finished, he had the great urge to scream out "Stalker!" and call 9-1-1. He didn't have time to do that, unfortunately, before his father opened the door, poking his head inside the room.

"Hey, come on, dinner's ready and if you don't get down there soon, it'll either get cold, or I'll eat it." The larger man looked around quickly before adding, "You need to clean your room."

When the door closed, Alex was bewildered once again. His father saw all the dirt clothes on the floor, but not the strange girl sitting on his bed?

"Abnormal for sure. I'll have to make a note of this: charge can see me, but the people around us cannot."

"I'm going crazy, I can't believe I'm actually starting to believe what you're saying."

Dawn smiled reassuringly, trying to be as friendly and non-threatening as possible. She knew how strange it would have been to find someone in her bedroom.

"I've given you the brief run-down, do you have any questions?"

"Only a million," Alex mumbled, thinking of the thousands upon thousands of questions that were bombarding his brain. Where would he start first?

The girl giggled quietly, which caught the boy's attention. Her face was bright and cheerful, causing a wave of calm to wash over the room. "How about something I can answer before you have to go to dinner?"

"How about your name?"

"Dawn," the Muse said with a smile, "My name is Dawn."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very much appriciated!