Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

Destiny Is Oh So Ironic

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour{3}

Destiny Is Oh So Ironic

Light snores echoed around the dim room as the weak light of the morning tried to penetrate through the closed blinds of the messy room. In the bed, Alex's body was sprawled and covered by the heavy blanket hiding more than half his body.

The door to the room opened silently, and with a flick of a switch, the lights from the ceiling turned on, brightening the room drastically. Even though he was covered, Alex was woken up by the light shining in his eyes.

The teen groaned, turning over and trying to force himself into the comfort of sleep once again. That notion was ripped from his mind just as the warm blanket was pulled off of him and thrown to the floor.

"Get up."

"Damn it, Andrea, let me sleep!" Alex complained at the girl's demand, trying even harder to fall back into his slumber.

"Your mom sent me up here to wake you up. If you don't hurry up and get dressed, we're going to be late for school."

Alex opened his blue eyes and locked them on the clock at his bedside. The neon red numbers flashed at him, taunting the little time he had to get ready and run to school.

"Out, out, out!" the male shouted, jumping out of his bed at lightning speed and pushing his friend out the door, ignoring her complaints and rude comments.

"You're a very violently sleeper, were you aware of that?"

Alex jumped at the sudden down of the voice and turned around to see Dawn sitting in the chair at his desk, her legs crossed and her hands folding neatly in her lap.

"Ugh, I had thought that you had been just a dream."

"Should I take that as an insult?"

Alex sighed and stumbled into the bathroom, brushing through his hair, brushed his teeth, and threw on some semi-clean clothes. This took less than five minutes and he was out in the time. Dawn was now standing, waiting for her charge.

"Where do you think you're going?" Alex asked, throwing his backpack over his shoulder and walking out of the room, bounding down the stairs with the silent Muse behind him.

"I'm going to your school with you?"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea," the boy mumbled softly as he entered the living room, making sure that no one would hear him "talking to himself".

"Why ever not? That's where most teenagers get their ideas. The educational environment stimulates differing lobes of the brain that-"

"Good God, took you long enough!" Andrea exclaimed. Her hands were resting on her slim waist, looking extremely irritated. She flipped her long, blond hair over her shoulder and grabbed Alex's wrist, dragging him out of the house without another word.

"Is this girl usually this demanding?" the Muse questioned, easily keeping up with the quick pace that the teenagers were walking.

"All the time."

"What?" said girl asked without looking behind her at Alex.

"Nothing," he said with a smirk, amused.

The sun continued to rise as the three made it into the school. Other students were standing around with their friends, talking to their friends or doing homework at the last minute. Dawn couldn't help but smile; this brought back memories of her past.

"I have to rush off before Mr. Jone bites my head off."

"See you!"

Just as Alex slipped into his seat for the first period class, the bell rang, signaling that anyone who entered through the door was now late.

"Look who made it in time."

Alex, as well as his Muse, turned at the voice and Alex smiled at the speaker. "Yeah, I guess luck is just on my side today."

Dawn situated herself behind the girl, looking over her shoulder at the paper that was on her desk. In the space where her name was supposed to be was beautiful calligraphy. Destiny.

She giggled, causing Alex to throw an inconspicuous look at her. Dawn just shook her head. What Irony