Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

Greater Than You Think

Your Like Silence At The Midnight Hour{4}

Greater Than You Think

"I'll see you later Alex. And don't forget to do your homework!"

"I'll try not to," he chuckled, waving to the girl as he walked away down the halls.

Dawn followed behind him silently, a habit she had picked up after forty years, and looked around at the schools. Lockers were everywhere, blue in color and large enough for students to pack their books into. While the Muse was examining her surrounds, she failed to notice that her charge had started walking slower, mostly because of the traffic in the hallways. This caused her to run into him, making Alex stumble.

"Watch yourself Dawn, you're going to make me- Wait, you ran into me,"

"Yes, I did. Sorry about that, I wasn't really paying attention to-"

"Aren't you, like, a ghost? You just pass through people."

Dawn furrowed her dark eyebrows at his statement. "No, Muses aren't ghosts; we're more along the lines of invisible people I guess you could say."

"You're going to make people think they're going crazy, bumping into things that aren't there."

"I guess I'll try to be more careful."

As she said that, the bell rang throughout the school. The bell that warned students that if they didn't hurry, they'd be late for class. "Crap, I'm going to be late!"

Alex sprinted off, weaving in between to the other people in the hallway who were slowly making their way, not caring if they didn't make it to their class or not.

The black haired girl tried to keep up, but she wasn't as quick as Alex was and was delayed by many of the people. She was trying to be careful, as to not run into anyone else, and in that process, a group of girls cut her off, moving along slower than a slug.

By the time that they had passed, the way in front of Dawn was clear, but there was only one problem. Alex was no where in sight.

"This could be a little problematic…"

♪♫♪♫♪

As soon as Alex had realized that his Muse hadn't followed him into his class room, he began to panic. For some reason, it felt like a part of him had been separated, something that he had never felt before. But a second after that a calm feeling came over him. Dawn knew what she was doing, he was sure that she could fair a class period without him. Or however long it took her to find him once again; but that didn't stop him from rushing out when the bell dismissed the class.

"Why am I so upset over this? You know a girl, a Muse, for one day and she affects you like this…"

"Alex!"

Hearing a familiar voice call his name, said boy turned around to see his group of friends rushing towards him, lazy grins on their faces. Alex couldn't help but smile in return and "man" hugged them all when they came in reach.

"Where were you? We were waiting for you and Andrea, but we didn't get to see you guys before classes started."

"Yeah," he started embarrassed, scratching the back of his neck, "I woke up a little late so-"

"Woah! Babe at 12:00."

Turning around at the mention of a babe, just like any normal boy would do, Alex was surprised to see Dawn walking over to him in a very face pace, only she was in different clothes than she had been before. Instead of the simple dress she had been wearing, she wore tight, light blue jeans and a white tank top.

"Hello Alex, we have a prob-"

"Alex, don't be rude, introduce us to your friend."

Before he could say anything to give away Dawn's secret, she spoke up with a small smile on her face. "I'm Dawn, a transfer student from England. Alex here signed up to have me in his house. But, I need to borrow him for a moment."

The Muse didn't give anyone times to say anything, just grabbed the blue eyed boy by the wrist and pulled him away from his friends, who were in a daze. They two scampered down the hallway until they reached the entrance door and stepped out on the front steps.

"Okay, what the heck is going on? My friends can see you now?"

"Not just your friends, I'm afraid," Dawn mumbled, pushing her black hair behind her ear, "Everyone can see me Alex."

"Everyone?"

She only nodded to his question, causing along sigh to come out of the teen's lips as he ran a hair through his air. "I don't understand this. First, I see you, which has never happened before, then suddenly, everyone in the entire world can see you, as if you're an actual human. Why is this?"

Dawn bit her lip, not exactly sure if her conclusion was right. "Don't quote me on this but… I think the reasoning behind all of this is the fact that you're destined to be something greater than anyone else has. I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up saving the world."