Status: Being Remade

You're Like Silence At The Midnight Hour

Muse Magic

Your Like Silence At The Midnight Hour{6}

Meeting The Family

"So, how exactly is this supposed to work? My parents would remember if they signed up to have an exchange student stay in their home," Alex whispered to his Muse as the lingered in the back of the group. Dawn rolled her cerulean eyes at the boy's worry.

"Would you calm down? I have this all taken care of. Just trust me."

"What are the two of you whispering about back there?"

"Alex is just worried about what his parent's will think of me," Dawn covered, giving her newly acquired acquaintances a small smile.

"Oh, please Evans. If your parents are cool with these-" Andrea motioned to the boys with a sour look, "things as your friends, then they'll be cool with Dawn."

"Wow, way to be cold sis, way to be cold."

The siblings continued to bicker on their way to Alex's house while he rolled his eyes. Sometimes, he wondered why he was friends with them.

"I think they're going to love you Dawn," Destiny said softly, grinning, "His parents are actually really nice."

"Here we are; the Evan's household! Time to eat them out of house and home!" Carl shouted, bursting through the open door. He was followed by the other two eager males.

"Those three sure make life an adventure," Dawn laughed, slowly following the two other girls and Alex inside his home.

The first sound the Muse heard was laughter, most of it very deep although there was a more silent, feminine tinkling. From the corner of Dawn's eyes, she saw her charge smiling at the upcoming scene.

"You boys crack me up."

"Hey mom, I want to introduce you to someone."

Mrs. Evans turned at the sound of her son's voice, noticing instantly the new face in the group. For a second, the woman felt a little dizzy and blinked to try and clear her vision.

"Mom, is there something wrong?"

The woman looked at the new girl again, this time a grin spreading across her face. "Oh, Dawn finally came! It's a pleasure to meet you my dear."

Alex was more than confused when his mother took his Muse and hugged her close to her, then started to welcome her into the home, telling Dawn how happy she was to have her in their home. "Your things arrived an hour or so ago and I've put them in the guest bed room. Alex, go show here where that is and I'll make you all something to eat."

All the teen could do was nod his head while Dawn linked her arm through his, leading him out from the kitchen with a grin. Once he had regained his composure, Alex asked, "How did my Mom know you? I-"

"It's Muse 'magic' Alex. I know how to take care of every problem we might have."