Status: Active

Fallen

II

For the third time this week, I found myself sitting, soaked in my own sweat in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. I sighed, irritated at how tired I was. Granted I didn't have to work tomorrow, but I did have class. I was tempted to just skip the day, but I knew it would get me nowhere. I glanced at the clock, it read 3:17AM. I groaned, and laid back against my pillows. I needed to sleep, damn it! I winced as a sharp pain shot up through my wounded arm. I grimaced at the memory of how the wound had even gotten there. Working in an ER, I had learned not to be afraid of every little thing. And up until now I hadn't been. But I guess when I'm the one on the receiving end, it's kind of hard not to be worried about such an incident. I glanced down at it, making a face. I had received a little over 150 stitches. Though it didn't seem infected, it still didn't look right to me. The very outer edges of the wound were beginning to turn lighter, almost pale, not to mention I had came down with what seemed like a cold hours later. Causing me to worry all the more.

Blocking out the thoughts that was beginning to rack my brain, I closed my eyes, willing sleep to over come me. And that it did.

"Come my darling." his violet eyes burned into mine. Who was he? Where am I? I had no control of this. Whatever it was. I lifted my hand and placed it gently into his awaiting one. Why was I doing this? I felt dread building in my chest. My body began to shake in fear. The coolness from my strangers hand began to travel up my arm, into my chest. Into my soul. We were outside, though it was dark. The sky was pitch black. He lead me up a set of steps which lead to an abandoned building. I wanted so desperately to pull away, to cement my feet to the ground, but like a robot, I continued to follow.

Inside the building, high ceilings held many lit chandeliers. Red carpet lined the floor, while older style Victorian furniture sat atop it. We stopped abruptly, and as we did so, he turned to me. He smiled wickedly down at me causing my heart to flip in fear. "You're scared." he had a slight accent, though I couldn't place my finger on which though. He placed his ice cold hand upon my chest and closed his eyes. "Ahh, beautiful." moving from my chest to my arm, he wrapped his fingers tightly around it. "This shall only hurt a bit." and before I knew it, his face was in the crook of my neck, and his teeth were deep into my jugular.


I jolted awake, my alarm sounding that it was time to get up. I breathed heavily, still reliving the dream I had just had. I ran my hand down my drenched face. What the hell was wrong with me? I quickly turned my alarm off and got out of bed. Upon grabbing fresh clothes for my shower, I noticed a small folded piece of paper sat neatly on my dresser. What the hell? I picked it up as my nerves went into over drive. I knew it hadn't been there last night, so who the hell came into my house while I was sleeping? In neatly written cursive lettering it read 'Oh how delightful you tasted my dearest Amelia. I shall feast again soon. My blood ran cold as millions of scenarios ran through my mind. What could this possibly even mean? Was I raped in my sleep? I glanced around my room, seeing as how everything was in place. I crumpled up the note, and tossed it. I know that's something you wouldn't normally shake off, but if I had called the police, they'd just tell me how I was crazy or being paranoid or just downright making it up for the attention.

After my shower, I quickly dressed, and did my make-up. Grabbing an apple, and my books for class, I left my house while double checking to lock the door behind me. I waved to my neighbor as I made my way to my black range rover in my driveway. I checked the time, it was 9:42AM and my class started at ten.

I sped most of the way there, lucky enough to make most of the lights that were in between. I pulled into the parking lot, and quickly found a space. I dreaded this English class, I really did. Simply because my professor was a jack ass. He assigned homework on unnecessary shit, and hardly ever remember to even grade it.

I quickly took my seat, and opened my book to the page that the white board had stated. Though before class had started, Professor Jackass looked in my direction. "Ms. Amelia, you're needed in the main office." I quirked an eyebrow. What could I possibly be needed for? I sighed heavily, and shut my book while standing. Brushing off the eyes that watched me, I made my way out of the room. The halls were silent now. No one but myself walked them. I felt a light breeze against my arm, and looked around. There were no windows, nor were there any open doors. I shrugged it off and continued on my way, only to be stopped again.

I hadn't heard the person, nor did I see them. The only thing I felt was the cool wetness of the cloth that was placed over my nose, and the smell of a strong chemical I knew only as chloroform, before I abruptly fell unconscious.

4:32AM.

I groggily sat up, instantly regretting it. My head pounded so intensely I thought my brain was going to seep through my eye sockets. I blinked several times until my vision cleared. Where the hell was I? And what happened? I looked around the room. To my surprise it was immaculate. Not a spec of dirt was visible. The polished wooden floors went nicely with the the deep red walls, while white and black curtains hung from the large windows. That's when I had noticed it was dark out. The only thing I remembered was going to class and that was it.

My heart began to race, what had happened in that gap of time? My injured arm suddenly jerked in pain, causing me to gasp. Squeezing it tightly, I gritted my teeth. What was happening to me? It was then that I heard foot steps out side my door.

"She's awake" a male voice spoke from the other side.

"He'll want her soon. Make sure she's prepped for him by eight AM." this time a female spoke.

The fact that I was sitting in this strange house, not knowing I how got here, was one thing. But then to hear these unfamiliar voices talk about me like I was some type of show piece, what the hell was this? I quickly stood, though I was on the floor in an instant. My head spun, while small black dots appeared in my vision. I must have been still feeling the last of the drug that was used on me. Before I was able to get up, the door opened causing me to tremble. This was it, I was going to die for whatever reason. I wanted to run, to hide away from these people, but the only thing I could do was lye there in fear unable to move.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments! They're greatly appreciated, not to mention very motivating!
Hope you like the update.
More coming soon! ;)