Broken

Prologue

Being a girl sucks, but being a teenager sucks even more. Sure when you turn 16 you can drive. But these are the years that we all have to deal with shit, society. When we were little we never really cared about our hair, makeup, clothes, and what other people happen to think of us. Why you may ask. Because we were so naïve! We thought that we would be a princess, marry a prince, or fight a dragon. We thought that happy endings were real and that the worse thing that hurt was scraping our knees. It’s like our parents built a wall around us so that we can only see the good and beautiful and hide the bad and ugly away to were we could not reach it.

As we slowly grow older though, that wall slightly crumbles away like the dried out cake that your nearly blind great aunt makes for Christmas. When part of the wall falls and reveals a hole, you look through it. You start to see the bad in the world and wish that you never looked though the hole to begian with because it has left horrible imprints in your brain that will stay with you forever. My name is Lucinda Hope Williams. I am 16, I‘ll turn 17 in September. I have long curly brown hair that’s two inches below my shoulders. I have brown eyes that some how always glisten (so I’ve been told), and I’m 5’8.

My walls started crumbling down when my beautiful sister committed suicide in 2004. She was just 15 and I was only 7 when it happened. She swallowed pills. My mother was the one that found her. When I heard her scream my father ran up stairs to see what’s up. Then I heard my dad screaming something so I ran up stairs straight to my sister’s room. I was able to slip through my parents legs. I then saw her, my beautiful sister, Elisha. She was lying on the floor face down. I was so confused but knew something wasn’t right.

I started to call her name but she didn’t answer. My mom picked me up and we started to leave the room. I started screaming out her name and crying. I don’t know how but I freed myself from my mom and ran back into Elisha’s room. I was laying next to her hugging and kissing her. I remember looking up for a minute seeing a police officer and my parents watching me with sad teary eyes, I was then taken out of the room. No one ever went into Elisha’s room again. It’s forbidden. But after that day, I always sneaked into her room and just talk. In there I feel like she’s still there, listening.

Then in 2010 my mother attempted suicide. It just shattered the whole family. My mom practically lived at a mental hospital. My dad started to drink. He abused me too. Oh, no not physically. He’s not that big of a monster, no he abused me with his words. In fact, he still does it today. I’m always told that it’s my fault that mom tried to kill herself. He would also blames me for his drinking, the house being dirty, and other small things. Once he got so mad at me that he blamed my sister’s death on me. That was when I was tired of forgiving him and I have never talked to him since. He’ still an ass to me though. My mom is still living at the same mental hospital. I never thought that anyone would love me ever again until I met Louis. It started last year on a Monday…