Status: completed! ^_^

Don't Waste Your Time on Me.

Part 1. Introduction.

It had been three months. Three fucking months. Alex wasn't too sure how much longer he could last without Jack. He hadn't attended school since the breakup and didn't plan to. He couldn't face his friends, the people who had encouraged their relationship, he couldn't stand people asking about Jack but most importantly, he couldn't stand seeing Jack. It was all too much. Alex was only 17, he had his whole life to live but he was still hung up over some guy who he was 99.9% sure he was in love with, although just staring at a picture of Jacks face, Jack's flawless face, would change that 99.9 to 100. Alex knew Jack was his soulmate but now he was too scared to admit that it was true, he was too late. Every day of the past few months would consist of Alex crying into Jacks jumper for a couple hours, trying to strain out the last of his scent, whilst rereading the texts they had once sent over and over. Then, once Alex had manned up, he'd attempt to eat something which he could never keep down. Finally, he'd spend the evening listening to sad pop punk songs and contemplating how long it would be before he takes that blade too deep and never has to face the pain of Jack again. Today was no exception. The temptation was only growing stronger to just send Jack one message, one little message, telling him that he misses him. Or maybe how much he longs to hold Jack in his arms one more time. Although he was too scared, he knew how Jack would react and it wouldn't be good, well at least that was what he thought.
The sunlight shone far too brightly through the gap in Alex's curtains. How early was it? When checking his phone for the time, Alex groaned. 9:15. The last time Alex was up this early was when he had school and to be honest, he didn't miss it one bit. Maybe he should just stop feeling sorry for himself, get changed and do something productive with his day- nah. Despite not having any extravagant plans for today, Alex decided maybe it was time to change into something new and have a shower. It had been weeks since Alex last washed or shaved and he smelled disgusting. When rummaging through his drawer for some clean underwear, Alex came across a small framed picture of Jack and himself. Upon seeing this, he quitely giggled.
"I remember this..." Alex whispered, despite knowing noone could hear him. "This was the last picture we took together. It's cute, isn't it Jack? The way my arms are wrapped around your waist, how you're kissing my forehead and I'm leaning into your chest. Zack always took the best pictures of us, didn't he? We look so innocent. So... in love. What happened, Jack? If we were still together, I wouldn't be such a wreck. We would probably be cuddling in bed right now. Ditching school to go to the movies and watch some crappy film that we both know was made for 5 year olds. We wouldn't care, though, would we? We never cared. We were always so oblivious of the world around us. As long as we were together, everything was going to be okay. But right now I'm not okay. I'm not okay at all. I'm tearing myself apart. It's because we're not together, you know? My arms are a mess." Alex then proceeded to show the cuts on his arm to the picture of the ex couple. "These are because of you, Jack. I hope you realise that. YOU'RE DRIVING ME FUCKING INSANE. I'M GOING CRAZY, JACK. LOSING MY MIND. Pft, what do you care?" Tears were streaming down both of Alex's cheeks now. "Jesus Christ, Jack. You were the only person who could ever make me cry. Ever. How did you ever fucking manage to do that? You're a boy. One god-damned boy can do this to me. Do you remember the first time we met?
I do..."
This was where Alex began his story.