Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter Thirteen Dreams

Chapter 13
Dreams
I stood at the front door of the Greene's house and took a deep breath and opened it. I walked through the kitchen/ living room and all the way down the hallway to the all to familiar bedroom door. I walked in and stopped dead in my tracks. Julian wasn't there.
I turned around to look all throughout the room to no avail. He was no where to be seen. "Julian?" I asked and when I heard no reply I walked out out the room and said it louder this time, "Julian!" There still was no reply and I started to worry. I walked a little ways down the hall and knocked on the bathroom door before opening it. Then I checked the other bedroom. Maybe he was just messing with me.
After I had stressed all of my searching options I went back to our meeting place. I sat down on the bed to wait, "He probably just got held up at school," I said to myself to calm my nerves. After a while I played down on the bed and closed my eyes as I thought. I thought about all of the things that we talked about at school today and about how different my life turned out compared to what I had imagined as a child.
I must have been laying there for at least ten minutes when I heard a loud clanging noise from the other room. I got up slowly and gingerly opened the door, not knowing what the noise was coming from. There was another sound that i thought was coming from the kitchen. It was a loud screeching noise that raised the hair on my arms and a shiver down my back.
I walked down the hallway and stopped at the corner. I pressed my back against the wall as I peaked around the edge. A scream rose in the back of my mouth and I snapped my hand over my mouth to keep it from escaping. There was a huge and burly man in the kitchen with a large knife in his hand. It was pointed at Julian who had been backed into a corner.
I peaked back around the edge and saw that the man had his back turned to me. I quietly crept out of my hiding place, walking on tip toes. Julian's eyes grew wide with fear when he spotted me. I placed a finger to my lips as I made my way to the couch. I hid behind it and looked over the top of the couch to make sure I wasn't spotted.
Julian still had a watchful eye on me but didn't let on to the man before him that they were no longer alone. My mind raced with a thousand thoughts all at once when all I wanted was a plan that would get both of us out of here. I shook my head, trying to clear all of the nonsense that clouded any useful ideas.
There was a glass lamp on an end table that was sitting right next to the couch. I crawled forward a little and unplugged it. I got up into a crouched position and peaked around the edge of the couch, lamp in hand. The man was still facing Julian so I slowly and quietly edged myself out of my hiding spot.
I mad my way across the room as carefully as I could and raised the lamp up above my head, ready to throw it at the mans head. Julian's wide and fearful eyes met mine as I smashed to lamp down on the man's head. He teetered but instead of falling down unconscious like I expected, he stayed standing. Only this time he was facing me.
It was then I realised just how massive he was. He was probably three times bigger than me and his hands clenched into fists causing the string of muscle s in his arms to bulge against the skin of his arms. My legs quaked in fear at the sight of him and my heart raced so fast as he brought his arms close to me and clamped his hands on my arms. He lifted my up and a sickening smile spread across his face just before he threw me against the wall.
"Annabelle!" Jillian screamed as I made contact with the wall. He crawled over to me, unable to walk, and the man let him. He was beaten and bloodied and the sight of him broke my heart. "Annabelle," he uttered weakly. He looked so pale and frail that I thought I would break him when I placed my hand on his face.
"I'm so sorry," he whispered as he closed his eyes. His chest stopped rising and falling and I knew then that he was gone. "You deserve this. All of this for going against the society's back," the man spat out before throwing his head back in laughter. I couldn't take it anymore and I let out a loud screams tears streamed down my face.
The man's laughter grew louder and deeper as I cried out. It was then that I heard a muffled noise and then again. Only this time it was louder and I could tell what it was. It was my name and I looked down at Julian hoping that maybe i was wrong about his death but his lips weren't moving.
Whoever or whatever was saying my name grew even louder and it sounded eerily like Julian. Then my body started shaking. I closed my eyes confused as to what was going on when I felt warm and steady hands on my shoulders. "Annabelle," the voice said again and my eyes shot open to meet the beautiful grey that I thought I would never see again.
"Thank god," Julian said as he brought me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest and finally relaxed when I heard the steady thump- thump of his heart. "What happened," I whispered into his shirt, taking comfort in the sound of his heart beat.
"I came in and saw you asleep on the bed. You looked so peaceful that I couldn't just wake you up. I sat down next to you and not soon after you started jerking around," he said as he stroked my hair I didn't know if he was doing to calm me or himself nut it seemed to be working for both of us, "Then you started screaming and crying so I woke you up. You looked so afraid. What did you dream about?"
I pulled back from him, feeling calm enough to look him in the face. He brushed off the stray tears on my face with his thumb. I took a calming breath before telling him all of the events that occurred in my dream. He stayed absolutely quiet throughout my story, listening and taking in every word.
When I was done pulled me too him again. He just held me and that was all I really needed. "Your safe now," Julian whispered, "I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." "Julian?" I asked, staying in his arms. "What is it?" He asked gently. "Could you show me how you made that sound now?" I asked not only trying to take my mind off of the horrid dream but also out of pure curiosity.
He laughed and I could feel it all throughout his body. He pulled back to look me in the eyes. "You are so very brave, " he smiled as he brushed a loose strand of hair from my face, "of course I will show you." He stood up in front of me and I smiled at him glad that I was finally going to see him in action.
"There is just one thing you need to know before I start," he said. "What is it?"I asked wanting to hear the noise now. "The 'noise' as you call it is called singing. "He smiled that goofy smile I loved so much. "Wait, so you knew what it was called the whole time but continued to let me call it a noise!" I shouted at him.
He he lifted his shoulders as if saying what about it, "I thought it was cute when you called it that so I didn't say anything," he said cheekily, "now stop being mad at me. You want to hear the 'noise, right?" I sighed in exasperation before nodding my head in reply.
Then Julian started to 'sing'. He started of soft an slow and then got louder and faster. He would make the pitches drop and rise and held out some pitches longer than the others. A lightness filled my heart like before and when he was done I ran up to him and hugged him. "It was beautiful!" I said being completely honest with him.
"If you'd like I can teach you more about it tomorrow?"he asked looking down at me. I was so happy and a strong urge to kiss Julian overcame me. Before i could go against it I went up on my tip toes since he was way to tall to reach flat footed and cupped his face in my hands then placed my lips on his. He seemed startled at first then relaxed against me. He pulled me closer to him so that my body was curved against his.
He placed one hand on my lower back, holding me against him and the other wound into my hair. Julian then deepened the kiss making me tingle with excitement. Then something warm and wet brushed against my lower lip. I gasped in surprise and it found its way into my mouth.
It was then that I remembered what Mrs. Waters had said about different kinds of kisses. She had been right. It wasn't bad at all, in fact I was enjoying it. His tongue flicked slightly and a noise came out of me. One that seemed to encourage him. As he continued I wound my fingers into his soft, blonde hair pulled lightly at it.
An animalistic sound came from Julian when I yanked slightly harder and he pulled me tightly against him. I could feel a growing warming feeling in the pit of my stomach. And then Julian I broke the kiss. We were both breathing heavily and his cheeks were a rosy color. "I'm guess in they are teaching you about these things now," Julian said with his crooked grin back in place.
"Maybe, maybe not," I said smiling back at him. He quickly glanced at the window and then back at me. I wanted to delay the obvious so before he told me what I knew was coming I spoke. "Please Julian, I don't want to leave yet." A sad and understanding look came across his face. "Neither do I but we have to. I'll be here tomorrow and then I'll teach you about singing," he said the last part to try and distract me.
"Fine," I said knowing he was right, "Goodbye Julian." "Goodbye Annabelle," I heard Julian whisper to me as I closed the bedroom door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How was this for a long chapter!? I put in a little drama and I bumped up the romance on Julian and Annabelle a little more. Now if you guys remember what I said before about the whole I have no experience with this stuff in real life that still counts for this. If I wrote something that is completely wronglet me know and iI'll fix it! Please let me know what you think I mean give me anything. Its so hard not knowing when I know people are reading it! Sorry for the rant and thank you for reading!
-Haybel