Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter Fifteen Selfishness

Chapter 15
Selfishness:
This morning I woke up in a happy and carefree mood. It had been a long time since I felt as if I could do anything I put my mind to. My body was tingling with excitement as I made my way into the classroom. I sat down in my desk and waited for the ever cheerful Mrs. Waters.
She was starting to grow on me and I took comfort just being in her presence but there was still something about her that didn't allow me to completely open up to her. I had a nagging feeling that her son was the same boy I knew and I just didn't want to believe it. Julian was someone special to me. Someone that only I really knew.
By now everyone was in the room and Mrs. Waters took her spot at the front of the classroom. "Okay girls, now that we have finished the basics the rest of your classes are kind of like free- bees. Theresa here," Mrs. Waters motioned toward Theresa, "will be leaving us in two days time, Annabelle in three, Lucille in four, and so on. I want all of you girls to be well prepared for that time so if any of you have questions, any whatsoever please feel free to come to me," she said this with a comforting smile.
I sat in shock as I realised just how little time I had left. I only had three days left to spend time with my family. My eyes stung with tears as I thought of my parents. I had been so preoccupied with Julian that I left no real time to spend with them. Even the time spent with them I still wasn't there, my mind somewhere far off.
I closed my eyes and hoped that that the tears wouldn't show. The only people who had ever seen me cry were my parents and Julian and I intended to keep it that way. I took calming breaths in hopes it would help keep the tears at bay but it just wasn't working.
I had been so selfish. My parents had been with me since the day I was born and soon I would never see them again. I didn't want to leave my parents ever. I felt a warm hand on my arm and looked up to meet the brown eyes of Mrs. Waters.
"Come with me sweetheart," she said gently as she led me out of my seat and out of the classroom doors. "I know it may seem hard right now but it will get better," she handed me a tissue and placed her hand on the side of my face, "if you'd like I could arrange for you to go home and be with your parents. You don't have to do this all alone."
My tears were flowing freely now and I did absolutely nothing to stop them. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Waters," I mumbled throughout the tears and sobs. Before I knew it I was wrapped in her arms. She was so warm and smelled of sweet vanilla. I relaxed against her and my tears slowed down.
"You are quite welcome sweetie," she said softly as she stroked my hair. There was so much about her that was familiar to the actions of someone else I knew. There was no denying it now. He had the same tall and slender build as her. The same soothing qualities and habits.
Julian had held me like this only yesterday when I had awoken from that nightmare. He had held me to his chest and gently ran his hand over my hair like this woman was doing now. I would have to tell him about this but for right now it didn't matter.
All that mattered to me at this moment was getting home to my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not to sound needy or anything by please tell me what you think of this story, give me anything really! It gets hard to write more and more chapters when I don't know if anyone really even likes the story so please give me something. Please excuse my ranting I'm just a little flustered. So Annabelle's Coming is coming soon I don't know what chapter that will be in but its close! Thank you for reading!
-Haybel