Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter Seventeen News

Chapter 17
News:
I crawled back into bed with a smile on my face and drew the covers around me.
*at school*
All five of us were seated and waiting in our seats when Mrs. Waters walked to the front of the room. She turned on her heel to face us, her signature smile back in place. Now that I allowed myself to believe her to be Julian's mother I could see all the similarities they shared.
They both had light blonde hair, though his was slightly darker, and high, beautiful cheek bones. They were both slender but had a hint of muscle, Julian's more prominent. They even had some of the same actions like how they both could never seem to keep their heads straight. They both kept their heads slightly tilted to the side.
"Okay girls," Mrs. Waters said snapping me back to attention, "today is going to be a big change for all of you. You girls will be taking a big step into your future by meeting five gentlemen. Those gentlemen are to be your husbands. Of course you won't know which of the boys is to be your husband exactly but the Society felt that this new step would help couples."
I just sat there staring at her in disbelief that today was the day that I would first see my partner. I felt cold all over as I thought about Julian. What if he was there but got partnered with someone else? What if he isn't there at all? I didn't want to be with anyone other than him.
Mrs. Waters stepped closer to our desks with a warm and understanding look. "I know this may seem a bit scary for all of you but there really isn't anything to be afraid of," she said looking at all of us in turns, "the Society would never put you with someone you are not compatible with. Now put a smile on your face and come with me" she said as she drew her pointer fingers across her mouth and up.
She started walking to the door and I heard the scooting of chairs as the others got up but I waited a moment longer. I took a deep and calming breath as I stood up from my seat and followed the others out of the room.
I had been in the school's hallways but had never really been in other rooms. We were always in the same classroom with just the teachers changing and I was wondering if where they were taking us was going to be the same or different. Mrs. Waters lead us down the long hallway and to the right and then we made a left, stopping in front of a big door with no window to peer in through.
I was rocking back and forth on the back of my heals as I thought of what could be in there when Mrs. Waters spoke again, "The boys are already in there waiting for us so you have time now to relax and get your nerves out," she said taking a deep breath and releasing it to show us.
"Mrs. Waters?" Lucille asked going back to her old timid stance. "Yes Lucille, dear?" She replied stepping closer to her. "W-what do we do?" She asked her legs were visibly shaking. Mrs. Waters stepped closer and wrapped her arms around the small girl, rubbing soothing circles on her back.
"There is nothing to be afraid of, sweetheart," Mrs. Waters said before pulling back and tucking a stray lock of hair behind Lucille's ear, "Just be yourself and they will love you, that goes for all of you." She said stepping back to her place in front of the door. "You are wonderful, intelligent, and beautiful young girls and don't you ever forget it," Mrs. Waters said as she opened up the door.
Theresa walked through the door first, then Carter and Monica. Lucille and I were the last as Mrs. Waters walked through the door glancing behind at us. I looked over at Lucille and put my hand out to her. She gladly took my hand in hers and I could feel her small hands slightly shaking in my own. We walked through the door together and her hand had stopped shaking by the time we reached the other girls.
We lined up next to the others and I kept staring at the ground like I had the whole way in there. I looked up when I heard Mrs. Water's voice, "Girls would you like to introduce yourselves?" But I was too focused on the beautiful grey eyes staring right at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't kill me! I know its been a long time since updated but I was busy. So let me know what you thought of this one and once again thank you for reading!
-Haybel