Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Chapter 31 Trust

Chapter 31
Trust:
My cheeks flushed with heat when I looked up at his face. His grey eyes were so full of love and his cheeks had a rosy glow to them. He had an ethereal beauty about him that caused that heat to spread all through my body. His soft, full lips were parted as if he had something to say but couldn't find the right words.
"Julian," I said trying to make sense of our situation but I was stopped short when Julian brought his face so close that his lips brushed against my skin. I could only see his eyes now and they told me something. Something dark, lustful, and new.
Seeing these things reminded me of something I was told in school. We had only gone over it briefly but I still remembered it clearly as if it had happened only yesterday. My teacher once spoke of something that happened only after you were coupled, that you only did with your couple. There was a word that he had called it but I couldn't remember. It had meant so little to me then.
A shiver racked through my body when I felt Julian's hot breath on my neck. He was trailing kisses down my neck stopping at my shoulder before looking back at me. There were plenty of thoughts racing in my mind but I couldn't put them into words. "Do you trust me, Annabell?" Julian asked, his voice sounding airy and out of breath.
I had never once doubted Julian and he had never done anything to me to cause me to do that. He had always been there for me and I know in my heart that that won't change. Ever. But that was it. In my heart I know that I love and always will love Jace. And in my heart I trust him completely.
But if all of that was true, then why was I having all these conflicting thoughts. My brain was telling me that love is just a feeling and that all feelings change with time. And I know that all trust can be broken and destroyed. We have all been told, ever since we were little, that we should trust only in the Society. That there can be cruel and manipulative people who turn you away from everything good.
How could one simple question be so difficult and how do I know which choice is the right one? Should I chose with my heart and trust Julian because of love or should I chose with my brain and be wary of trusting Julian because of the short time I've had to know him in.
Tears filled my eyes as I warred with myself for the right answer. I closed my eyes as I shook my head before looking back up at Julian. He hadn't lost any of the hope that had been in his eyes even after my failure to answer. His hold around me hadn't weakened even after all this time holding me.
It was clear to me that he trusted me and it seemed like he would even if I said no. "Yes," I said looking up to meet his beautiful grey eyes. His face brightened at that and he bounced me in his arms so that I was now laying in his arms. My legs dangled over his right arm and my back was against his left.
Julian started walking towards the hallway, smiling the whole time. The thought of him dropping me never once crossed my mind as he walked all the way down to the bedroom at the very end of the hall. Only a week ago, in a room just like this one, I met Julian for the very first time, and in another room just like those two, he told me he loved me for the first time. This was the room where we met for the first time as husband and wife and there were going to be so many more firsts for this room.