Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

a Ride

Chapter 38
A Ride:
It wasn't long after I knocked that someone answered the door. I assumed him to be the partner of Gerad's that Nole had mentioned. He was fairly tall with sandy, blonde hair and hazel eyes. "Hello I'm Annabell Rosenfeld…you're Damon right?" I quickly added when a look of confusion spread on his face. "Yes, and may I ask what it is you need?" Damon asked. He had a pleasant voice, each word he said so precise and refined.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Nole's new partner and he… well he is out at the moment and he told me to come over here if I needed anything," I got out all while fiddling with my hands in a nervous manner. "Ah, I'd forgotten that Nole was getting a new partner. Please come in," he said with a polite smile on his face as he backed up from the doorway. "Thank you," I said grateful to be out of the clustered hallway.
Looking around their office I realised that the Society must like everything being the same because just like with the houses, our offices were like mirror images. The only differences being the coloring, where our office was a creme color their room was a dark green, almost like a pine tree. "Please, take a seat," Damon said motioning toward the couch, "Mrs. Rosenfeld is it? Can I get you some water or…?" He offered trying to fill the silence it seemed.
"Oh no I'm fine and please call me Annabell. By the way, what is your full name? Nole never mentioned it," I laughed a little at how things such as names always seemed to slip Nole's mind. "My name is Damon Phillips, Miss Annabell and you may call me whichever you prefer," he said in his crisp accent, it made everything sound so eloquent, "What was it that you needed?" He asked joining me by the couch.
"I was…" I started before I was cut off by the opening of the door. "Damon I think I…" Gerad started enthusiastically before he noticed me, "Oh Annabell its nice to see you again! Where is Nole?" He said looking at me with that same smile in place as he joined Damon and me at the couch.
"That's kind of why I'm here," I said looking at Gerad who had joined me on the couch, "Nole went to go help Micheal. He told me if I needed anything to come here." "Oh, of course. Anything you need Annabell, all you have to do is ask." Gerad said with a glint in his eye. "I was hoping I could go home, I just don't know how," I said only now realising just how embarrassing that was.
Gerad looked over at Damon before looking back at me, "Well I just finished everything I needed to do today so unless Damon needs me I could take you home." Gerad said looking back at Damon at the end with a questioning look. "No, I think we have everything for today," Damon replied after thinking for a moment.
"Its settled then," Gerad said smiling brightly at me, "if you need anything you should get it now, if not could you wait in the entrance for me while I get my things?" I nodded my head, standing from where I sat, "Thank you, Gerad and you too Damon." I said before walking to the door.
I waited in the hall for a moment, trying to decide if there was anything I had left in my office, before making my way through the crowded corridor and into the main entrance. There were a few benches sitting by the door so I sat waiting for Gerad to arrive. It wasn't much longer before he had joined me in the room.
He walked to the desk and received some papers before joining me. "Let's go," he said offering me his free hand. I accepted it as he pulled me up from where I sat but was surprised when he didn't let go afterwards. Gerad placed the papers in his bag and grabbed his identification cards as we walked up to the device hanging on the wall.
I started to unhook mine from my dress when he stopped me. "You don't have to. You can just walk through with me, it takes less time," he said with a shrug of his shoulders. I thought back to all the times when Nole had had me do it myself, was it just so that I knew how to do it?
Gerad waved his card and we walked through together, he still held my hand as we walked through the parked cars. We stopped at a dark blue car, similar to the one Nole had driven, and Gerad let go of my hand only to open the door for me. "Thank you," I said before he shut the door.
Soon he had joined me in the car and was digging through his bag before pulling out the paper he had gotten from the front desk. "This tells me how to get to your house," he said after noticing me staring at it. He started the car and drove in the direction I had taken to get here.
"So Annabell, how do you like it as a Caregiver so far?" Gerad said without taking his eyes off the road. "I haven't gotten to do any real work yet so I'm not quite sure but it seems nice so far," I said all while wondering when Julian would be getting home.
"How about your Coming? Do you like it so far, I mean your new house or do you get along with your husband?" Gerad asked, taking a quick glance in my direction. I was taken aback by that. Why would he be asking a question like that when we hardly knew each other? "I guess its nice but I still miss my parents," I said trying to sidestep his question.
"Oh, I was never really close to my parents but I'm sure it'll get easier with time," Gerad said with a small smile. "I hope you're right," I said looking out the window at the zipping road beneath us, the yellow lines blurring together. "I think we're here," Gerad said pulling in front of my house. "Yeah, and again thank you. I don't know how I would have gotten here without your help."
Gerad reached forward and placed his hand on top of mine, "You don't have to thank me, Annabell. I'd help you with anything. Anything you need you just ask me okay?" Gerad said smiling at me, his thumb rubbing back and forth on my hand.
"Okay," I said pulling back from him and reaching for the door, "I'm going to go see my husband now," I said emphasizing the word husband. I was out of the door and walking up the walkway as fast as I could without looking like I was running. "I'll see you tomorrow at work," Gerad called to me when I had reached to door. I quickly waved to him before shutting the door behind me and sinking to the floor.