Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

Warnings

Chapter 40
Warnings:
Julian walked toward me after pulling out a blue-grey dress with lace covering it. I stared up at him, doubt edging my mind at whether or not he would follow through with this, and I saw a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Its your choice on how, Annabell," Julian said after stopping at the foot of the bed, "but we are going. We promised and everyone will be waiting there for us," he said, once again trying to reason with me.
I shook my head, not expecting him to do anything, but I was wrong. Julian crawled onto the bed, now hovering over me, dress in hand. He reached behind me to unzip the dress I was wearing but I squirmed from under him, forcing his hand away from the zipper. "Annabell," Julian said trying to reach behind me again but I scooted back so that my back was now against the headboard of the bed.
"Please don't make this more difficult than it needs to be Annabell," Julian pleaded with me as he scooted closer again. He sat back on his heels and looked down at me with a concerned look upon his face. I shook my head at him again and closed my eyes, not wanting to see anyone else today. Most of the new people I had met today did nothing but confuse me and make me wonder why no one had warned me.
No one had warned me how cold hearted a person could be to someone without them ever having met before. No one had warned me of how to deal with someone who had lost a loved one, let alone how much it could change them in mere seconds, to act almost as if they were another person. And lastly no had ever warned me of people, who were not my husband, with wondering eyes and suggestive words.
I didn't know that any of that existed and now that I knew I wish I didn't know. I just wanted to stay here and not risk the chance of being exposed to more unwanted discoveries. My eyes shot open when I felt Julian's warm hand resting on my cheek, whipping away the tears I hadn't realised I had shed. His eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth was turned down in a small frown.
"Annabell, I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" Julian asked as he searched my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came, instead I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, falling against his strong chest and cried. "This world isn't what I thought it would be," I mumbled against him as he smoothed my hair down over and over.
"Hey, what happened?" Julian whispered before wresting his chin on top of my head. I took in a gulp of air, trying to calm down the flow of tears that seemed to never end, before relaying everything that had happened.
"…I had thought that he was nice but he, Gerad was different in the car," I pulled back to see a look of anger mar his soft features. "What else did he do?" Julian asked between clenched teeth. "T-that was it," I said surprised at his reaction. I had never seen Julian mad and it seemed wrong somehow, like the boy before me should always be happy and I wanted so desperately to take that look away from his face.
"That bastard," Julian mumbled under his breath, "Don't go near him again Annabell and if he tries to pull a stunt like that again you come straight to me. He doesn't get to touch you like that, if he so much as looks at you the wrong way you tell me," Julian was practically fuming now and mumbling unintelligible words as his cheeks grew red with frustration.
"I promise," I said as I cupped his face in my hands, even his cheeks were hot to the touch. "Its just… it pisses me off thinking of someone doing anything like that to you," Julian said between deep breaths as he tried to calm himself. He rested his forehead against my own, "I'll go," I whispered before placing a kiss on his cheek and reaching for the dress he had chosen.
"How is it that you have better taste in clothing than I do?" I teased as I held the dress up. He let out a laugh and he sounded genuinely happy, "Its just one of my many wonderful talents Annabell dear." "Oh and what are the others?" I asked as I got up from the bed and walked to the doorway. "Well I guess you'll just have to wait and see," Julian teased back.

*outside Jamie's house*

Julian and I stood waiting in front of Jamie Bell's house after having knocked. Julian wore a plain white button up shirt tucked into dark jeans and a dark blue tie while I wore the dress he had picked. It wasn't long before Jamie opened the door along with a little girl who peered around from behind his back. "Annabell, Julian! Please come in, everyone is really excited to meet you," he said with a smile on his face as he backed from the doorway.
The little girl clutched onto his hand as she stared up at us with wide, grey-blue eyes. "Oh and who might you be?" Julian asked the little girl after squatting down to her height. The little girl stared at him in wonder before answering, "I- I'm Hayden," Hayden mumbled out in a cute, high-pitched voice. "Well Hayden, I'm Julian and this is my wife Annabell," he said as he grabbed my hand, "I hope we can be friends."
A huge smile spread over the little girl's face and her eyes sparkled brightly as she quickly nodded her little head, "Really!?" she asked leaning in closer to Julian. "Yeah, best of friends," Julian laughed. Hayden jumped up and down excitedly before running off, "Mommy, mommy! Guess what!?" I heard her yelling as she rounded the corner.
Jamie was laughing loudly now, "Thank you Julian. Its hard for Hayden to make friends, she's just too shy." "No problem," Julian smiled before grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. "Now let's go meet everyone!" Jamie proclaimed as he walked further into the house. Julian smiled down at me, any trace of his earlier anger completely gone, "You ready?" I offered him a smile and followed behind him, our hands still clasped together.