Status: I know that im bad at summeries but please give this story a shot! It may seem a little confusing in the begining but if anyone has any questions whatsoever feel free to ask away! Enjoy the story!

A Song of Change

a Picnic for Two

Chapter 44
A picnic for two:
After toweling off I pulled on a loose sundress and clipped my still damp hair up. I walked out to see Julian holding a big blanket and a bag slung over his shoulder. His hair was clean from the mess of before and he had changed into a black button down shirt and jeans that seemed to fit perfectly. He held a bright smile on his face when he saw me.
"Are you ready?" Julian asked along with a nod of his head. I joined him, taking the blanket from him and we walked out the front door. Julian had decided that we should have a picnic for supper and I was grateful for his little idea. There was a gentle breeze as we walked hand-in-hand down the sidewalk and the still shining sun left a warming sensation on my skin.
We continued walking in no direction in particular when Julian led me through a clearing that edged against a wooded area. "My dad and I used to take walks like this when he came home from work," Julian said as he held back a branch for me, "We used to find the most wonderful places, untouched by anything. It always felt… like I was free." Julian laughed, no doubt remembering one of his little adventures, as we continued through the wood.
"Did your dad teach you?" I asked as I stared up at him. Half of his face was shadowed from the tree branches above while the other shined from the streams of light, causing the gold in his eye to gleam brightly. "Teach me what?" He asked as he looked around. "To…" I started to say before tripping over a tangle of roots. Julian caught me before I fell laughing as he did so, "You've gotta be more careful."
"Here. I think this is the perfect spot," Julian said as he looked out at the small clearing before us, "Come on." Julian grabbed my hand after I had steadied myself and we walked the rest of the way to the clearing. Julian laid down the bag before taking the blanket from me and placing it out upon the grass. He then found a spot on the blanket and placed the bag in the middle. Julian looked up expectantly at me as he patted the space next to him.
"So I made ham and cheese or PB & J. Which do you want?" He asked as he searched through the bag. "Hmmm, PB & J please," I said and he pulled out a small bag. I laughed looking at the little sandwich he had made. "Do you have a problem with heart shaped sandwiches?" Julian asked feigning a hurt expression, "I put a lot of work into that." "No, no, of course I love it!" I laughed, "I'm sure this will probably be the best sandwich I've ever eaten."
I leaned over and place a kiss on his cheek before opening up the little bag. "Thank you," he said as he pulled out his sandwich bag. His was shaped like a star. "They're so cute Julian!" I said laughing at how each point of the star was the same size. "I thought you might like them," he said smiling down at me. We ate our little picnic talking about anything that came to mind.
Julian told me of a time when he and his father had gone on one if their little adventures and ended up getting lost. I couldn't believe him when he said how angry his mother had been. Mrs. Rosenfeld just didn't seem the type. He told me of the time when he had found a small pond with his dad and how they had gone swimming for hours, both of them coming back home with bright sunburns.
I told him of my parents and how they had always been there for me, that I wished they could meet Julian, if only once. When we were done eating Julian and I cleared the blanket before laying back and looking up at the sky. I remember doing this almost every summer night with my father. During the summer our curfew hours were longer, so I was able to be outside when the stars filled the sky.
My father would point out all the constellations to me and tell me stories of the past. He always told me to keep those stories a secret for only us to share, only now did I realise why. He had been breaking the rules to share those moments with me. If my father, whom I believe in and trust, thinks that breaking rules is acceptable then maybe, just maybe there are others that aren't so bad. I mean two of the people that I love most in the world bend the rules to make life beautiful and happy, does at mean that not all creature comforts are as bad as they say?
"Annabell, earth to Annabell," Julian said as he playfully waved his hand in front of my face. "Hmm?" I asked shaking my head as I stared back at him. He laughed before rolling back onto his side, "I asked what you thought." "About what?" I asked turning to face him. He laughed again, "You must have really been out of it. Baby names. I was just curious on what names you like for when that time comes," he said now whispering. His cheeks had a rosy glow to them, almost as if he was a little embarrassed at asking this.
"Oh, um I haven't really thought about it. Do you have some names?" I asked thinking about names that I liked and would possibly name my child. "I- I have four actually," Julian said sheepishly. "Really! What are they?" I asked as I leaned up on my arm to look at him. Julian looked at me with a glimmer in his eyes, "Well for girls I have Aria Louise and Jemma Anneliese. And for boys there's Karter Lee and Ethan Michael. What do you think or do you have others?"
"What about Lillian Grace or Noah Jay? I don't know I love all of them! They are all beautiful names, if only…" I said smiling up at him. Julian stared at me puzzled for a moment, "If only what?" He asked. I scooted closer to him and rested my head on his chest and soon after his arm had wrapped around to gently rest at my waist. "Well, I was just thinking… what if we had more than one child. What do you suppose would happen?" I asked, still curved against his side.
Julian was quiet for a moment, his hand light on my waist. "Annabell, there is something I have to show you but it'll just have to wait. I can't tell you much now, just… be patient," he whispered just loud enough for me to hear. A million thoughts raced through my mind at once but I stayed quiet, trusting in Julian as I always have.